Wedding Woes
Options

Almost Friday!

2»

Re: Almost Friday!

• Options
    atements). 
    So what are y'alls thoughts on the college President? Apparently tons of people wanted her fired and she resigned amid pressure. But I am on the fence about it. People always want to see top dogs' heads roll. And I get that. They're the captain of the ship yadda yadda.

BUT I think it'd be a hell of a lot more meaningful to see the trainers and coaches who fielded actual complaints from athletes and parents lose their jobs and join the sex offender registry for enabling a predator. And maybe the police officers who told teenagers they "were confused" (because getting your boobs rubbed and being bare hand fingered in your ass and vagina as a treatment for leg pain is a thing..SMH) lose their jobs. To me, that's what I'd rather see. IDRGAF about the president....I'd rather see the enablers punished.
    Since this has been in my backyard...I have so many feelings on it.

I don't object to the fact that she stepped down.  There are (moderately substantiated, from what I can tell) claims the she knew about allegations in 96/97.

I'm not for burning her at the stake before the investigations are done.

But I am APPALLED by the number of jackasses who have been speaking to the press, both in and out of MSU and saying "oh, I put my support 100% behind the president, she's a peach" about this whole thing.  I mean, TOm Izzo was a neanderthal moron in everything he said, when he talked about this case off the cuff last week (and he got less raked over the coals than I thought he deserved, FWIW), but I am moderately willing to think he just can't string sentences together...
    But WHY would he be saying of course the president is deserving of support before there's an investigation to find out if she was holding a smoking gun?

FFS, sure, wait until the facts are in to crucify someone, absolutely.  Maybe wait until they're in to make them a saint too.

(and everything, EVERYTHING about how MSU handled this makes me so angry.  From the 'investigation' that they had done that, oh, there's no report of, because, they didn't need one, so there's none to release to the failure to disclose so that while he was being investigated, when their gymnastics staff was contracted by, for example, a local high school, they sent Nassaer. [where, yes, he abused teenage girls]
    It's like they looked at Penn State's problems and said "hey, we should assume this is the way to operate, lets take this and make it WORSE--less oversight and accountability")
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

@charlotte989875 - We have a crockpot that automatically shuts down into warm mode then off after cooking time. I think now you can get crockpots you can control with a smartphone app. 
    This comment made me think of This Is Us...and not in a good way.   LOL  Damn that show.  :) 
    Crock-Pot Created A Twitter Account Just To Comfort 'This Is Us' Fans https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/crock-pot-twitter-account-this-is-us_us_5a6a3e8de4b0ddb658c4b4d3
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

@charlotte989875 - We have a crockpot that automatically shuts down into warm mode then off after cooking time. I think now you can get crockpots you can control with a smartphone app. 
    This comment made me think of This Is Us...and not in a good way.   LOL  Damn that show.  :) 
    Crock-Pot Created A Twitter Account Just To Comfort 'This Is Us' Fans https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/crock-pot-twitter-account-this-is-us_us_5a6a3e8de4b0ddb658c4b4d3

Warning, "This is Us" spoiler

I read the article that Crock-Pot put out after the "This is Us" episode.  I was impressed at how gracious they were to the "This is Us" show.  Because I would have been furious if that were my company and I produced that product, lol.

They explain, in good layman's terms, why it would be nearly impossible for a fire to start that way.  And also point out that, despite millions of crockpots being sold over decades all over the world, they have never received a report that one started a fire.

Love you Crock-Pot!  I hope you've turned a negative into an opportunity.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

I read the article that Crock-Pot put out after the "This is Us" episode.  I was impressed at how gracious they were to the "This is Us" show.  Because I would have been furious if that were my company and I produced that product, lol.

They explain, in good layman's terms, why it would be nearly impossible for a fire to start that way.  And also point out that, despite millions of crockpots being sold over decades all over the world, they have never received a report that one started a fire.

It's possible they may have been paid to allow it to be put in the ep, and preemptively planned a statement.
    Even if they didn't, they handled it wonderfully :)
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

Okay I need to read that because this is my big fear. 
  • Options
    My friend just sent me this.  

• Options
    @mrsconn23 actual footage of me after any This is Us