Wedding Woes

Don't wanna get out of bed

Our friend passed last night. BFF and I were at the bar when we got the news, so yes, we were those people crying in public.  But more importantly, BFF got to see him Saturday and wasn't alone when she found out. I'm in her downstairs bedroom right now trying to listen and figure out if she's still asleep or awake and not ready to face the day. 

In other news, it finally stopped snowing and the roads are plowed!  We had a wedding at work Saturday and I don't know what I did, but my right knee, ankle and heel hurt. We have another event tomorrow at a local distillery and I'm working kitchen operations for experience and training and I'm excited, so hopefully it feels better soon.  

Also, depending on funeral plans, this weekend is D.C.  We can't get guaranteed tickets to the new African American History Museum, but are hell-bent on trying again. Even if it means waking up at 6am that day and trying!  Plus hubs promised me a delayed birthday night out that includes oysters, all the oysters!

Re: Don't wanna get out of bed

• I'm so sorry for your loss Kimmi.

Weekend went well.   We took a round trip Saturday to see our moms and did lunch with one, dessert with another and kiddos napped in the car on the way home.   My mom's hip is proving to be an easier recovery that MIL's knee.  MIL is still in pain but she was happy we made the trip down.  

Sunday was a low key day of church, chores and DH took down our baby gate that barricaded our play area.   It feels so final.   Like Chiquito is no longer our baby and now we have KIDS.    
  • I'm so sorry for your loss, Kimmi. :( 

I have a cold that is kicking my ass.  Otherwise, we had a great weekend.  We went to an Olympics party at my sister's on Friday and then went to Monster Jam with DH, my dad, DefConn, and my nephew.  Yesterday after I got my nephew back to my sister, it was a lazy couch day and we made some amazing roasted chickens for dinner.  
  • I'm so sorry for your loss @kimmiinthemitten; I'm glad you could be with your friend and that she wasn't alone. 

I had a bad weekend; my back got worse and ended up in Urgent Care Saturday morning and diagnosed with acute back spasms. It super sucks and I'm really uncomfortable. I have a regimen of muscle relaxers, icing/heating, and stretching. I'm working from home today (which is good) and hoping I get some relief soon. 

At least the cat and dog are taking care of me. 
  • I’m so sorry for your loss @kimmiinthemitten. *hugs*

I hope your back feels better soon @charlotte989875!

This weekend was good. I went out with some friends on Saturday and that was fun. Yesterday I was a little hungover, so I skipped the gym and SO’s sister and I got lunch, picked up stuff from my apartment, and got our nails done. SO was really productive and finished the dog run and one of the new sheds. Work today. Boo. 

• Sorry to hear about your friend.

• @kimmiinthemitten, that's so sad.  Sorry for your loss. 
    @charlotte989875, hope those muscle relaxers kick in and you can get back to normal!

Weekend was great.  I waited for a painter to come to our new condo for a quote, but he never showed.  His boss couldn't get a hold of him so by default i had to go with the only one who DID give me a quote.  They come out Saturday.  We also went furniture shopping.  For a bed/mattress and ended up with: a bed, a mattress, 2 nightstands, love seat recliners for hubby and a  couch with barrel chair! (I will super love this barrel chair!).  Thank goodness for 0% APR financing.

Everything will be delivered on the 24th, and hopefully we'll all be moved in by then.  Yesterday we had dinner (my friends/H had dinner - I watched them eat) and a movie. Winchester.  It was pretty good.  Exactly what I thought it would be.

• @kimmiinthemitten I'm so sorry to hear :( I know the feeling all too well <3 I'm glad neither you, nor your BFF are alone right now.

@banana468 glad both mothers are healing :)

@mrsconn23 Booo cold :(

@charlotte989875 Yikes! Good thing the critters are there to be of service at least

@CharmedPam M really wants to see 'Winchester' - he knows a bit about the history, plus he has one of the guns from the brand/family. Plus he loves horror movies ;) Glad to hear it's good!

Friday - picked up a plush yoga mat :) Haven't used it yet. Penny decided to attack it while it was in the bag, so I left it lol

Saturday - Went for breakfast and basically ate so much we both came home and crashed lol
    We were suppose to go out but the roads got bad, so we stayed home watching t.v.
    I watched up to 'that episode' of This is Us - short version, I was not okay. I had issues watching the fire, then later on at the hospital that was basically what happened with my dad, only he wasn't in the hospital. {Trying not to spoil it in case any one hasn't seen yet}

I spent a good amount of time just crying. Apparently M started talking to me, and I just wasn't responding for a bit. Yehhh .... I need to talk to my dr about mental health issues again. :\ 

Sunday - I just wasn't feeling great and weather still sucked, so we stayed home all day. Watching t.v, napped off and on, etc.
    I did get our under the sink area cleaned though!

Boo Mondays .... 
  • We got an Instant Pot last weekend and tried it out last night. The appliance is huge. We got the 8 qt one, probably could have been ok with the 6qt but oh well. On the bright side it caused some cabinet rearranging and H decided to get rid of a set of stainless steel pots and pans that have been in there for years and never get used. Sold it on FB Marketplace which is nice (well ok assuming the lady shows up today to pick it up!)
  • I'm so sorry for your loss, @kimmiinthemitten <3

I spent most of the weekend in bed (and not the good kind).  The flu has been going around school, so I'm super paranoid.  I felt achey and drained on Friday so I slept a LOT.  I wasn't running a fever and didn't have other flu symptoms, so I think I'm good.   < fingers crossed >.
  • Saw an article about a todo with an Outback restaurant in FL where a server slammed a church who ordered a large take out order and didn't tip when it was picked up. https://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-palm-beach-county/west-palm-beach/server-stiffed-on-tip-by-local-mega-church-posts-on-facebook-gets-fired 

Do you tip on take out orders? We never order from sit down restaurants for take out although I see the tip line when I've picked up a carry out pizza before. I never tip in that situation because it feels the same as picking up from a fast food restaurant. 

What about you? 
  • @kimmiinthemitten I'm so so so sorry for your loss. Hugs for you. 

@charlotte989875 I'm sorry to hear about your back! I also have a really bad back (all stems from this one snowstorm 11 years ago when I shoveled out an elderly neighbor's sportscar so he could run his daily errands. Next thing I know I can hardly breathe my back was so injured!!) I hope you are on the mend in no time. It sounds like your regimen is a good one!

H had the puke bug all weekend, so that meant I was flying solo - getting up with Babypants multiple times during the night (teething problems), keeping her (and myself!) away from H during the day, cleaning, cooking, running errands, nonstop until after Babypants' bedtime. Luckily Babypants still doesn't have it. But all morning I have been in my office extremely nauseous. I will be SO MAD if I get the puke bug. I can't get sick. I just CAN'T.
  • @kimmiinthemitten I'm so so so sorry for your loss. Hugs for you. 

@charlotte989875 I'm sorry to hear about your back! I also have a really bad back (all stems from this one snowstorm 11 years ago when I shoveled out an elderly neighbor's sportscar so he could run his daily errands. Next thing I know I can hardly breathe my back was so injured!!) I hope you are on the mend in no time. It sounds like your regimen is a good one!

H had the puke bug all weekend, so that meant I was flying solo - getting up with Babypants multiple times during the night (teething problems), keeping her (and myself!) away from H during the day, cleaning, cooking, running errands, nonstop until after Babypants' bedtime. Luckily Babypants still doesn't have it. But all morning I have been in my office extremely nauseous. I will be SO MAD if I get the puke bug. I can't get sick. I just CAN'T.
    Yes, that is exactly what has been happening. I can't take a deep breath without pain. I will say the muscle relaxers are starting to kick in @CharmedPam and I'm feeling a little better. 

Hope you don't get the bug @sparklepants41, that's the worst! Also @holyguacamole79 hope you're doing all right! This flu is no joke. My supervisor's husband got the flu, he was so sick he passed out and hit his head and had to go to the ER. So when I was calling in and telling her I was working from home she was on the way to the hospital with her H. 
  • Thanks @MissKittyDanger; they're snuggling up with me as I lay on the floor and ice. 

Thanks @levioosa!
  • kvruns said:
    Saw an article about a todo with an Outback restaurant in FL where a server slammed a church who ordered a large take out order and didn't tip when it was picked up. https://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-palm-beach-county/west-palm-beach/server-stiffed-on-tip-by-local-mega-church-posts-on-facebook-gets-fired 

Do you tip on take out orders? We never order from sit down restaurants for take out although I see the tip line when I've picked up a carry out pizza before. I never tip in that situation because it feels the same as picking up from a fast food restaurant. 

What about you? 
    I think I asked/polled this question before and got the answers right down the middle.  I dont typically tip for a pick up order, but those are usually 1 or 2 people and small.  The beef with this waitress was that it was $750 and was 25 streaks/chickens and potatoes.  It took her most of her shift to pack it and get it ready.   But also - the person who picked it up was a volunteer and didnt know to tip either so the church is trying to give her the tip now!

• kvruns said:
    Saw an article about a todo with an Outback restaurant in FL where a server slammed a church who ordered a large take out order and didn't tip when it was picked up. https://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-palm-beach-county/west-palm-beach/server-stiffed-on-tip-by-local-mega-church-posts-on-facebook-gets-fired 

What about you? 
    I'm on the fence on this one and it eerily feels like it's bashing the people picking up because it's a mega church.

It looks like it was a delivery order that turned into a take out order.  

Here's my opinion:
    -If your establishment turns a giant delivery order into a take out order and you are using your staff that you pay below minimum wage to take time out of serving tables to put this order together then YOU make sure that they are compensated correctly. 

-If you tell me that my giant delivery order is running late and I opt to go pick it up, I assume I'm not tipping anyone.   I don't tip on take out pizza or other take out food.   I tip when I'm in a sit-down restaurant receiving service.   Frankly, if the lateness is your own issue, I am HELPING YOU so be nice to me.   

-It's just plain not smart to take your job to social media.  If you don't speak for the company in your social media don't post there.   Outback already said that it's against their policy.   So shame on you for not reading that employee handbook.

I get being irritated but I don't think the church is in the wrong.  She needs to direct her irritation at her employer. 
  • @charlotte989875 At least they can be useful for support and when you need heat :)
  • kvruns said:

What about you? 
    It depends; if I do take out from a restaurant where they do carry out, but it isn't their main thing, I typically tip a few dollars since a server or bartender is usually taking time out to put everything together. But a restaurant that is primarily take-out I usually don't. I was a bartender at a higher end restaurant in grad school and we occasionally did take-outs; it was my responsibility to get everything assembled. I would appreciate when people tipped, but never expected it. 

A huge order like that; I would definitely tip. As a server I wouldn't post about it on the internet. 
  • Thanks all.  *Hugs Back*

@banana468 I totally read momship instead of mom's hip and was so confused.  I should really go home today LOL.

@charlotte989875 I saw that in the Saturday post, I'm so sorry.  Enjoy your fur cuddles.

EEK to everyone with puke bugs.  This flu is like Kevin Bacon, we're all only 6 degrees away from it!

• @charlotte989875 I would hope that Outback would consider adding an auto gratuity for orders like that.   I can understand the though process behind not tipping even though the more I think about it the more I'd consider doing that for something so large. 

@kimmiinthemitten my daughter did something like that years ago.   We were buying our minivan and she said, "Dad - where's the ship??"  It took a few minutes before we realized she was referring to the DEALERship. 
  • kvruns said:

What about you? 
    I tip a dollar or two if I have it or otherwise no tip st all for take out. But that’s for just a personal offer- I would tip for a big offer. 
  • banana468 said:
    @charlotte989875 I would hope that Outback would consider adding an auto gratuity for orders like that.   I can understand the though process behind not tipping even though the more I think about it the more I'd consider doing that for something so large. 

@kimmiinthemitten my daughter did something like that years ago.   We were buying our minivan and she said, "Dad - where's the ship??"  It took a few minutes before we realized she was referring to the DEALERship. 
    I would hope so too, especially since it was supposed to be a delivery (and I would always tip on delivery) and it sounds like it was Outback's fault it was picked up instead of delivered. 
  • Kimmi - Sorry for your loss.  It's nice you were able to be there for your friend.

Sparkle & Guac - I hope the sickness stays away from your both!

Charlotte - I hope your back feels better quickly!

The weekend was nice for us.  Saturday we went to the Amish mart and got lots of deliciousness.  We did somethings around the house and went to Church.  Sunday was some more work around the house.  We also went to Rodizio for dinner while MIL watched DD.  It is Baconfest and the name did not disappoint! 

Today I'm going to head over to a party store at lunch to look into balloons for DDs birthday party and maybe some other decorations.

I couldn't read the article as my work internet is stupid.  But with an order that big, it should be tipped on.  I also tip a dollar on most take out, more if its a larger order.  A $750 order should have been a $50 tip in my mind.  Yes, most take out people make higher than a waitress wage, but depending on how the company works - they may still make less than minimum wage.  Now, would I have posted to facebook about being stiffed?  Maybe, but I would not have ever named names on who did not tip though!  It is nice that the Church is trying to provide a tip to the former-employee.  Outback was right to fire the employee over the posting.

• Kimmi - Sorry for your loss.  It's nice you were able to be there for your friend.

Sparkle & Guac - I hope the sickness stays away from your both!

Charlotte - I hope your back feels better quickly!

The weekend was nice for us.  Saturday we went to the Amish mart and got lots of deliciousness.  We did somethings around the house and went to Church.  Sunday was some more work around the house.  We also went to Rodizio for dinner while MIL watched DD.  It is Baconfest and the name did not disappoint! 

Today I'm going to head over to a party store at lunch to look into balloons for DDs birthday party and maybe some other decorations.

I couldn't read the article as my work internet is stupid.  But with an order that big, it should be tipped on.  I also tip a dollar on most take out, more if its a larger order.  A $750 order should have been a $50 tip in my mind.  Yes, most take out people make higher than a waitress wage, but depending on how the company works - they may still make less than minimum wage.  Now, would I have posted to facebook about being stiffed?  Maybe, but I would not have ever named names on who did not tip though!  It is nice that the Church is trying to provide a tip to the former-employee.  Outback was right to fire the employee over the posting.

What is this??
  • I'm so sorry for your loss kimmi

Not much unusual this weekend.  Sports, Costco, church.  I did throw an absolute shit fit Sunday morning.  My family is a bunch of dirty butts who can't seem to pick up after themselves.  I'm tired of living with their shit everywhere so I'm just taking it.  My response in the moment was way over the top.  I feel like all of my emotions are over the top lately.  I have a doctor's appointment Friday and should probably bring it up.

The biggest thing right now is that two officers in the next suburb over were murdered over the weekend.  All of my feeds are filled up with that.

• @6fsn I think you live close to some family members.   The officer's deaths are the only thing my BIL posted about this past weekend and I even saw POTUS tweet about it.   It seems really sad and very frightening for all involved.

• @Charlotte989875 I just checked their website and you do not have a Rodizio anywhere near Buffalo.  The "closesest" one is in Allentown PA!  They are a Brazilian steakhouse where they bring the grilled meats to your table and hand carve them for you.  Fogo de Chao is the more famous fancy pants version, but Rodizio is more casual and less expensive.

Baconfest is held the winter months after New Years to keep people coming in.  They up the amount of bacon wrapped things they have.  They also added bacon to various things on the salad bar and in their side dishes.  They also have pork belly as one of their grilled meats!  It was very tasty!

• @oliveoilsmom that sounds amazing! We have a similar place near my house that is the same concept but cheaper than Fogo. We always talk about going but never do. But I'd be game for a bacon version for sure. 
  • @Charlotte989875 I just checked their website and you do not have a Rodizio anywhere near Buffalo.  The "closesest" one is in Allentown PA!  They are a Brazilian steakhouse where they bring the grilled meats to your table and hand carve them for you.  Fogo de Chao is the more famous fancy pants version, but Rodizio is more casual and less expensive.

Baconfest is held the winter months after New Years to keep people coming in.  They up the amount of bacon wrapped things they have.  They also added bacon to various things on the salad bar and in their side dishes.  They also have pork belly as one of their grilled meats!  It was very tasty!

I would totally drive to Pennsylvania for that!
  • @kimmiinthemitten, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I didn't want to get out of bed today but I had to because I had to go shopping for groceries.

Still waiting to "hear back" from employers from last week and the week before.