Wedding Woes
Options

Friiiiiiiiiiiiday!!!!

2»

Re: Friiiiiiiiiiiiday!!!!

• Options
    @Jen4948 I'm sorry. That sucks. Those people suck. Are there any headhunters/recruiting firms in your area you could give your resume to?  Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! Hang in there!!! 

Edited because English is hard for me today for some reason. Lol. 
    I've already given my resume to lots of recruiters and headhunters. They tend not to "get back to me" either.
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    @Jen4948 I'm sorry. That sucks. Those people suck. Are there any headhunters/recruiting firms in your area you could give your resume to?  Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! Hang in there!!! 

I've already given my resume to lots of recruiters and headhunters. They tend not to "get back to me" either.
    Ugh that's so unprofessional on their part. It's their loss for sure! 
  • Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2018
    Jen4948 said:

One of my first jobs when I moved to NOLA was working for AppleOne as a recruiter/corporate sales.  We did temp and perm placements.  I'd strongly suggest following up with any recruiters/headhunters and/or placement agencies who have your resume, about every 2-3 weeks.  A quick phone call is best, as opposed to an e-mail.  An upbeat tone of, "Hello, this is Jen4948, I spoke to you in mid-Jan. about CPA positions you all have available.  I'm still on the market and wanted to check for new positions that have come in that match my experience."

In that job, I always had WAY more people looking for work than we had job openings with our clients.  Most candidates didn't do what I just suggested above.  Which is fine, nothing wrong with it.  But a few people did exactly that.  Guess who I thought of first when a job came in that I thought matched their experience.  Client calls wanting X,Y,Z.  Before I even check our database, I'm thinking, "I know Candidate Josie is still on the market, because she's been following up and I think she has that experience.  Let me check her profile/resume to make sure and then I'll give her a call."

Edited to add.  FWIW, I always returned phone calls, but didn't initiate calling people unless I had news.  However, if I sent someone on an interview with one of our clients, I always followed up with what happened.  That was also my experience when I was the lookee with a placement agency.  Though my H has had experiences like you've described.  Where he's interviewed somewhere and then the recruiter won't even call him back.  Super sh***y and, quite frankly, very short-sighted on the part of the recruiter.  You never know when a candidate might end up in a job where they do some of the hiring through an agency ;).

Wedding Countdown Ticker