Wedding Woes

THURSDAY

The Olympics were fun yesterday since the US did a lot of winning.  :)  The cross-country skiers were the best.  And YAY US Women's hockey! 

One more day until the weekend.  I am so very ready.   We have family coming into town for FIL's bday.  I cannot wait. 

It's Prudie day.  

And two words: Twerking Llamas:

https://www.facebook.com/JungleVT/videos/2397714907037004/

Re: THURSDAY

• I was really hoping Lindsey Vonn would medal in the combined. Her downhill race was awesome, but heard on NPR this morning she didn't finish in the slalom. Still pretty incredibly she's racing at 33. 

So excited for the women's hockey team! I played hockey in high school and it's amazing to see how the sport has grown. Makes me miss being on the ice. 

Not much here; long day at work, but so so close to Friday. 
  • Sitting in drop off line. We got 6let all padded up for lacrosse last night. We had to watch YouTube videos to make sure we did it right, but darn he looked old. Yay one more sport with stinky, stinky stuff it's hard to wash. 

There is so much rain. The river is really high and I wouldn't be surprised if the close the highway soon. 

• Took some nighttime cold meds last night and I swear I still feel like I could close my eyes and fall back asleep. Probably not a good idea since I'm at work.  Baby B was super sleepy too and I let him sleep an extra 45 min til I was finally like ok kid gotta get up because I'm already late for work and this makes it worse. Hate to wake a sleeping baby though!

They're remodeling our office, including taking over additional space next to it so it's going to be a mess beginning in March. Not to mention they are renovating the kitchen where they provide free snacks and stuff, not sure where the fridge will go but hopefully there is one since we need it for bringing lunch and stuff. And of course I still need snacks, although maybe it would be good if they disappeared for a while. 

• So close on the Women's Hockey! I swear, majority of the time it comes down to Canada vs U.S.A - and I've seen more shoot-outs than not, especially in women's lol

I remember 4yrs ago we were in Mexico, and M just happened to hear someone at another table talking about Olympics. So he asked if hockey had done the finals yet, and we'd just taken gold in men's and women's :) He was pretty stoked {he was also wearing a team Canada hat ;) }

I've decided I'm either becoming a dragon or giving birth to one. I had horrible indigestion, to the point I was ready to breath fire.
    Got more tums, but we'll see how that works. I know I can take something else if this doesn't work, but I can't remember what. I see my OB next week, so I'm gonna ask.

Today I just have a horrible headache and want to go back to bed, but that's not an option :(
  • SouthernBelle, that is exactly why I don't even allow myself to buy GS cookies anymore.

That and I have an awesome recipe for cookies similar to do-si-does (my favorite).

I DVRed the women's hockey last night while watching the downhill and ski halfpipe. How can you NOT love Lindsey Vonn? The halfpipe was rough - so many guys went down!

Water in the basement is in the drywall. :( Thankfully H "has a guy" and he's helping us out a little on the cost and telling us how to do the parts we can do ourselves. Fingers crossed that everything will be dry by the end of the weekend and this can be over! I don't want a homeowners claim.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @ShesSoCold - I shouldn't have done it. I knew when I put the order in that I shouldn't have done it. But GD those cute little drug dealers and their fabulous product.

Do you have to replace the drywall?
    *********************************************************************************

• the Olympics were awesome. I must say I do love me some Lindsey Vonn so I was disappointed. I wanted both her and Shiffrin to medal obviously.  But it was fun watching it.  I think ice hockey started at 10 right?  Yeah I was in bed by 10:12.  well, my last text to H was 10:12 and I put my phone down so I was sleeping pretty quickly after that.

@6sfn, I bet 6let looks cute! smelly gym equipment is every parent's nightmare. 
    @Misskittydanger, did you have indigestion pre pregnancy?  Hopefully it's only temporary? 

Last night H, his buddy and his buddy's son knocked out the move in one  night.  From 5-10 pm.  I was against it.  I was like "why are you moving on a Wednesday night?!?" and I had no faith in him.  But he did it!  So Saturday the rest of the furniture is delivered and we'll be two time home owners! For our very complicated lifestyle :)

• Ugh. They’ve been after me with the Girl Scout cookies. I already bought two boxes and I refuse to buy more. They’re everywhere, at my door, at the grocery store, at work. It’s like I can’t escape.  

Last night went pretty well. We actually did both a male and a female exam. The guy was great and super helpful. The woman was good too, but you could tell she was done and just wanted to leave by the time we got to interact with her. 

Today hopefulllyyyy SO’s sister and her bf don’t flake out on getting the rest of the stuff from my apartment. Literally all that is left is the two boxes for them that I can’t lift on my own, and the couch. I want to get rid of my keys already. 

• levioosa said:
    Ugh. They’ve been after me with the Girl Scout cookies. I already bought two boxes and I refuse to buy more. They’re everywhere, at my door, at the grocery store, at work. It’s like I can’t escape.  

Last night went pretty well. We actually did both a male and a female exam. The guy was great and super helpful. The woman was good too, but you could tell she was done and just wanted to leave by the time we got to interact with her. 

Today hopefulllyyyy SO’s sister and her bf don’t flake out on getting the rest of the stuff from my apartment. Literally all that is left is the two boxes for them that I can’t lift on my own, and the couch. I want to get rid of my keys already. 
    I'm so curious about who the people are who sign up for these? Do they get paid, or are there exams free? So many questions. 
  • @ShesSoCold Yikes! :( Boo flood just making things complicated

@CharmedPam Yes and no. I had acid reflux, but a mint would help clear it up. Now I swear it feels worse. I'm hoping it'll go away after Baby Dragon {new name lol} is born urg!
  • levioosa said:
    Ugh. They’ve been after me with the Girl Scout cookies. I already bought two boxes and I refuse to buy more. They’re everywhere, at my door, at the grocery store, at work. It’s like I can’t escape.  

I'm so curious about who the people are who sign up for these? Do they get paid, or are there exams free? So many questions. 
    Tbh I always assumed they were needing the exam and their dr was part of the teaching ....
    This is making me question it though :\
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2018
    lol @misskittydanger, at baby dragon. I mean we were going with babykitten but if dragon is it.....
    @shessocold, boo to the drywall. I'm keeping my fingers crossed the costs are minimal. 

H just asked me when I can have girl scout cookies. I'm like..In a year maybe? He goes "want me to buy some and save them for you?"
    No.  I'll want fresh ones in a year :)

re: Women's ice hockey: These comments are great!
    https://mobile.twitter.com/i/moments/966537328226373632

scroll down to "Sens Prospects".  LMAO.

• I don't know what was going on Tuesday night, but I couldn't sleep at all.  I think I finally nodded off around 3AM.  Of course, my alarm rings at 6AM.  I wake up with a full blown headache...typical when I don't get enough sleep...but also felt really queasy.  My first thought was, "Oh hell no, work is NOT happening today."  I got up briefly to send an e-mail to my boss to that effect and went back to bed.

Today, I'm better.  But my throat has been feeling constricted and a bit scratchy since Tues. night.

On the bright side, today shouldn't be too bad at work and tomorrow is my half-day Friday.  I don't have anything I need to do this evening though I'm debating about using a Groupon, that expires next week anyway, to pick up some delicious food on the way home.  I think I just talked myself into that, lol.

A couple funny, random tidbits.  Yesterday, our dog Izzy got excited because my H came home.  She started wagging her tail happily, not realizing Nip (the cat) was within its range.  As Nip starts getting repeatedly smacked in the face, she made a look like if a person is suddenly splashed with water.

The previous tenants (who left most of their stuff), had THREE open jars of pickles in their fridge.  Two of the jars with only a few pickles each and one of the jars was almost full.  It's funny, weird, and a little puzzling all at the same time, lol.

Uh oh.  I think I might be about to lose my "spare" office at work.  The office across from me hasn't had anyone in there for almost two years.  My job involves a LOT of paper and binders.  More than can be contained to my own office, lol.  I've been using that one as some storage.  But the big boss and an employee from our other building where just in there talking about a desks/partitions layout they want to implement.  Drat and curses, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2018
    levioosa said:

Oh no, they get paid a ton of money. Last night one of the students in my group asked the woman how much she gets paid and she said she probably shouldn’t say. I mentioned that my research online revealed a couple people who said they made $125*/hr doing it, and she said she wouldn’t do it for that little amount. So I’m guessing it’s A LOT more than that  The guy confirmed that for me. He was great, really patient, had some humor, and helped guide us really well, but he also kept joking about how he doesn’t like pain, he doesn’t like exams, he doesn’t like being touched. So I’m guessing for him to be comfortable with six students doing a testicular/rectal exam it has to be a crap ton of money. 

I got got an email last night to be a live model for an ultrasound. It’s $50 an hour to just lie down for six hours and have ultrasound students take pictures of my heart. I’m really sad I’m already  working 5/6 days because I would otherwise totally do it. I might still sign up for one day. 

ETA: sorry, $125:hr, not $125 total

• levioosa said:
    levioosa said:

Oh no, they get paid a ton of money. Last night one of the students in my group asked the woman how much she gets paid and she said she probably shouldn’t say. I mentioned that my research online revealed a couple people who said they made $125*/hr doing it, and she said she wouldn’t do it for that little amount. So I’m guessing it’s A LOT more than that  The guy confirmed that for me. He was great, really patient, had some humor, and helped guide us really well, but he also kept joking about how he doesn’t like pain, he doesn’t like exams, he doesn’t like being touched. So I’m guessing for him to be comfortable with six students doing a testicular/rectal exam it has to be a crap ton of money. 

I got got an email last night to be a live model for an ultrasound. It’s $50 an hour to just lie down for six hours and have ultrasound students take pictures of my heart. I’m really sad I’m already  working 5/6 days because I would otherwise totally do it. I might still sign up for one day. 

Damn! 

I assumed they weren't actual patients, but man if you're cool with strangers touching you sounds like you could make some good cash. 
  • @CharmedPam If this indigestion gets worse I'm either becoming a dragon, or she's a dragon :') lmfao! Or Kitten-Dragon hybrid lol
  • @CharmedPam If this indigestion gets worse I'm either becoming a dragon, or she's a dragon :') lmfao! Or Kitten-Dragon hybrid lol
    It's going to get worse. Small meals of bland food and Tums on your nightstand until you aren't pregnant anymore. That's all you can really do. 
    *********************************************************************************

• lol @misskittydanger, at baby dragon. I mean we were going with babykitten but if dragon is it.....
    @shessocold, boo to the drywall. I'm keeping my fingers crossed the costs are minimal. 

H just asked me when I can have girl scout cookies. I'm like..In a year maybe? He goes "want me to buy some and save them for you?"
    No.  I'll want fresh ones in a year :)

re: Women's ice hockey: These comments are great!
    https://mobile.twitter.com/i/moments/966537328226373632

scroll down to "Sens Prospects".  LMAO.
    Triggered LMFAO {that's my city team}

It's going to get worse. Small meals of bland food and Tums on your nightstand until you aren't pregnant anymore. That's all you can really do. 
    I have made friends with pudding and we have stocked up recently on VH sauce in orange-ginger.
    Sounds like it'd be counter intuitive, but fruit Popsicles also seem to work. I got a bunch with morning sickness, so tried one the other day and it was like ":O!"

Luckily baby also wants dairy allllll the time ;)
  • @ShesSoCold - I shouldn't have done it. I knew when I put the order in that I shouldn't have done it. But GD those cute little drug dealers and their fabulous product.

Yeah thankfully I haven't encountered any girl scouts in person (yet).

Hopefully not - we'll see how well it dries over the next couple days and then the water resto guy will reassess.

Last time I got an exam, there was a student in the room. Usually they ask before they bring them in but I don't care. There's the doctor, all up in my bits and he says to her "hey! have you ever seen strings?!" all excitedly and invites her over to take a look. I could definitely have used $125 for that.  

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Bolded is beyond accurate. I swear they train these kids to tug at your heartstrings as they're selling.
  • We have 4 boxes of cookies on the way. They won't last the weekend. 

I read an article a couple years ago that one smart and savvy GS young lady opened her cookie stand right outside one of those marijuana dispensary shops.  She ended up being one of the top sellers for cookies in her region, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Hopefully not - we'll see how well it dries over the next couple days and then the water resto guy will reassess.

Last time I got an exam, there was a student in the room. Usually they ask before they bring them in but I don't care. There's the doctor, all up in my bits and he says to her "hey! have you ever seen strings?!" all excitedly and invites her over to take a look. I could definitely have used $125 for that.  

Ugh. That’s not okay. The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago during a physical therapy evaluation. Not quite the same, because I wasn’t all exposed, but I was still like “maybe ask me first?”  

Vaginal exams for practice used to be done by med students on unconscious, sedated patients without consent during surgery, which was only deemed unethical a few years ago by the AMA. I’m happy for my tuition to go to paying live models so I can get the experience and practice. I also am not a huge fan of asking patients if it’s okay for students to observe when they are already all in the room. It’s too coercive. 

• Hi y’all. We dropped MIL off at the airport at 11pm last night, then I waited up till nearly 2 when they started boarding. We loved having her but I think the dog was the saddest when she left.

looking forward to returning to normal life now.
  • levioosa said:
    @ShesSoCold - I shouldn't have done it. I knew when I put the order in that I shouldn't have done it. But GD those cute little drug dealers and their fabulous product.

Ugh. That’s not okay. The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago during a physical therapy evaluation. Not quite the same, because I wasn’t all exposed, but I was still like “maybe ask me first?”  

Vaginal exams for practice used to be done by med students on unconscious, sedated patients without consent during surgery, which was only deemed unethical a few years ago by the AMA. I’m happy for my tuition to go to paying live models so I can get the experience and practice. I also am not a huge fan of asking patients if it’s okay for students to observe when they are already all in the room. It’s too coercive. 
    I went to grad school where there was a huge med school and practical experience was a big part of their education, so there were always residents/med students/student observers around. Each time the Doctor or NP would come into the room, before asking the patient to get undressed, without the resident and explain that it was a teaching hospital and students were a part of the program. They would ask if you were okay with having a resident observe, having them do the exam, or not have them in the room at all. Then they would leave and come back with the resident or student depending on your answer. They would never do it with the students/residents in the room. 
  • levioosa said:
    @ShesSoCold - I shouldn't have done it. I knew when I put the order in that I shouldn't have done it. But GD those cute little drug dealers and their fabulous product.

Yeah I absolutely agree. I'd feel like a big ass telling the student to go away when they're already there.

Luckily I would have said yes to any of these things but I can definitely see how someone else might be pretty upset at a doctor inviting someone to look all the way up their vagina without consent.

• levioosa said:
    levioosa said:

FI does these types of exams. He gets paid very well. The non invasive ones get paid very well too. It's good work especially as a student. 
    The Tropical Fruits Tums are the best, BTW. The white ones are my favorite :)

Bought some GS cookies yesterday too - our office is in a dicey neighborhood, so every year we partner with a GS troop and girls from the troop get to sell their cookies from our cafe during their February vacation week. They clean up. Especially last year when there were over half a dozen preggos in the office lol. 

My boss is out today, tomorrow and Monday which means I actually have time to get stuff done. Man, I like her, but she cannot manage her time for shit. Which then translates to her taking time out of our days to talk to us about all the things our team is working on. Um, yeah. We know we are working on this because - we are working on it. Redundant, much? Sometimes she just makes me think of this Dilbert: