Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

quicky wedding

I am looking for someone to marry me and my fiancee in a quick basically signing the paper type of ceremony.  We have been together 6 years have 3 kids together i have one from a previous relationship.  Need to get married so my son can have decent insurance but do not have time to plan a wedding.  Would like to just have the papers signed so that when we do "offically marry" it will mean something.

I understand i will be officially married when i sign the papers but i would like to have a ceremony at some point and pretend that is my wedding. 

I am trying not to have to go to the court house because eventhough it is not a full on ceremony it still binds us verbally.  I want to get married on paper only.

Re: quicky wedding

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_quicky-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:555c30ff-1005-4cfc-8c78-e1eb8a99b573Post:08f4b231-2a88-4620-8ccc-bda416031767">quicky wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am looking for someone to marry me and my fiancee in a quick basically signing the paper type of ceremony.  We have been together 6 years have 3 kids together i have one from a previous relationship.  Need to get married so my son can have decent insurance but do not have time to plan a wedding.  Would like to just have the papers signed so that when we do "offically marry" it will mean something.
    Posted by butterflyangel646[/QUOTE]

Is there a question in here?  PS - When you "sign the papers" you're officially married. 
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2012
    Go to the local court house. However signing papers=legally married.  So you can't get "married" again.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Your local courthouse can do a wedding.  Look at their webpage or call to see what the requirements are.  You'll need to get a marriage license, and requirements for that vary by state (and sometimes county).   The courthouse should have judges or magistrates who can perform the ceremony.  Some may be willing to come to your home or meet you at a park to perform the ceremony instead of doing it at the courthouse.  However, I've been to several lovely courthouse weddings (all of which were perfectly "real").  
    DSC_9275
  • PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    You "officially marry" on the day you sign the papers, whether that be at the courthouse with no witnesses, or in a full on ceremony and reception with a big poofy dress and bridal party.  If you do the courthouse wedding, then the second one is off the table, because you're already married.  You only get one wedding, so choose wisely.
  • Would it be faster for him to legally adopt him so he can get on the insurance and you can still get the wedding you want?  Previous posters are right- once the papers are signed (in jeans and a t-shirt or in a gown in front of friends and family) even if there is no verbal committment you're married.  So-- after the papers are signed you'd need to do a "vow renewal" ceremony.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards