New York-Long Island

Watermill in Smithtown?

Hey ladies! 
       Anyone ever got married @ The Watermill in Smithtown? We have a small wedding, 60-75 people and we rented out the Carnagie room which is also used for the ceremony. I am wondering if anyone has attended a wedding RECEPTION in this room? We are using the amazing outside for cocktail and ceremony!

Re: Watermill in Smithtown?

• positivelypositively member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any room at the Watermill is perfect.  I have not been in that room for dinner but no matter what its a GREAT place.  Good luck
  • That GalThat Gal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding reception/ceremony at the watermill  3 years ago.  From what I remember, the food was average.. really nothing special.  Not the worst, but not worth checking out the place for my own wedding bc our families are big eaters.  It was good enough though, seems like just a typical wedding place/catering hall.  good luck :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    My sisters wedding was there but in the larger room. They did an amazing job though! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    My FI's cousin got married there in July.  I don't want to discourage you, but there were some issues.  First, when we arrived there were clearly 2 weddings going on, and little direction was given as to where our party was.  Then, we were shoved into a small room for no apparent reason while waiting for the ceremony to begin, and the ceremony started much later than scheduled.  At the ceremony, there was only room for about half of the people to sit and this was a smaller wedding, maybe 120 at most!  During the cocktail hour, at the macoroni station, they displayed the boxes, which I thought was tacky, and they have very young attendents; I am talking high school age.  My FI actually worked there when he was 18 or so, and he quit after a day because the owners/staff were rude and underpayed him; he hated it. (That was probably 10 years ago tho.) 

But this could have just been bad luck.  My FI's cousin seemed to be happy about how the wedding turned out, and that's all that matters, right?  I hate to be negative, just wanted to tell you my experience.
    Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards