Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday!

What's up people?  It's almost Friday.  Wahoo! 

My kids also start spring break tomorrow afternoon. 

Prudie day. And speaking of Prudie, @baconsmom found this earlier this week:

https://www.thecut.com/2018/03/daniel-mallory-ortberg-interview-heather-havrilesky.html

Re: Thursday!

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:

https://www.thecut.com/2018/03/daniel-mallory-ortberg-interview-heather-havrilesky.html

This was such a fascinating read. I’m happy for Daniel, but a bit sad to see Mallory go! She was one of my favorite female voices and I’ll miss that. I really want to read his book now though. 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2018
    Interesting article! Had no idea who was behind "Prudence".

Not only is it almost Friday, that makes it almost Saturday and St. Patrick's Day! One of my favorite holiday's.  I get to bust out "Leprechaun in the hood" and that makes me happy.

H is off work today, so I'm looking forward to him picking me up for lunch and heading to our favorite place.  Yesterday my netrition .com order came in, and I put  a bunch of protein items on it.  I put a tri-o-plex cookie order on it (chocolate chip) and OMG sooooo good! tastes like a real chocolate chip cookie.  However, while it's high protein & lower sugar, it's still high in calories so it's a meal replacement and not a treat. And I must remember that.  

• Options
    Really looking forward to this weekend. No good reason, but it's been a long week. 

We're having my dad and his girlfriend over for dinner tonight to celebrate his promotion. Tomorrow, our friends from Nashville are coming to town for a wedding and want to get together. Of course they texted us last night so we're scrambling to find a babysitter so we can see them (they don't have kids/get it). Saturday we are hoping to finish up our bathroom remodel and Sunday we're hosting a dinner party with some friends. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Cannot wait for this weekend. We have a wedding on Saturday and we're having H's parents watch the dog for the night so we can stay out/sleep in.  Next week is spring break from the university and I'm looking forward to only having to work at one job.

I finally got my hair cut and colored yesterday and I feel like a new person! It had been far too long (both in time since I had it cut, and in hair length).
  • Options

I'm dragging today. My corworker, Dumbest Lady Ever, is exhausting and I want to punch her.

H went to my dad's last night to help him with some electrical work. I haven't seen my dad in a while (he pissed me off) and H said he was asking about me and seemed sad. Welp, Dad, the phone works both ways.

So H didn't get home until like 8:30 so we ate at 9. Today's my weigh in day and I had a shitty week so I'm up.

Tomorrow is St. Urho's Tay and also BIL's GF's due date. BIL has been radio silent and I'm just hoping we don't find out this baby is born via facebook announcement.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

This was such a fascinating read. I’m happy for Daniel, but a bit sad to see Mallory go! She was one of my favorite female voices and I’ll miss that. I really want to read his book now though. 

It was surprising and interesting.  I'm not familiar with Mallory's other works, but I have NOT been a fan of his as Prudie.  I don't think he's a very good advice columnist and misses the mark a lot.

@CharmedPam, if you have Winn Dixie grocery stores near you, they have no-sugar added oatmeal raisin cookies that are great.  The first time I tried them, I scoured the ingredients/nutritional info on the package multiple times.  I just couldn't believe that sugar was not one of the ingredients, lol.  But it was not.  My H couldn't tell the difference either.  But also just as many calories as the real thing.  Because it always is, lol.

@TrixieJess, good luck with the raise!

Blaze Pizza let me down yesterday!  They had a $3.14 pizza deal for Pi day, so I stopped by on my way home from work.  Apparently, so did everybody else!  They had a line all the around their restaurant.  Probably 50 people or so.  I turned around and walked back out.  Meh.  Funny enough, they had the same deal last year on 3/14 and I didn't have any issues with a line.

I have a better than average week going on!  Tonight, there is an outdoor event called Top Taco NOLA.  It's dozens of restaurants with their tacos to sample.  Along with margaritas and tequila based cocktails.  And a "pay one price" deal, so it's going to be an endless of buffet of a variety of tacos and drinkies.  I even had a Groupon for it (with a 25% off code), so it ended up only being $34/person.  My H and I have been looking forward to this for the last month, lol.

My next happy item.  In thinking ahead of my plans to imbibe all the margaritas tonight, I'm taking a vacation day tomorrow.  So 3-day weekend and today is my Friday!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold Why do you wanna punch her? {yay fun work stories lol}
  • Options

I know!  Sorry you have to live through it, @ShesSoCold, but I'm cracking up at your description of "...my coworker, Dumbest Lady Ever,..." and the stories you have told about her, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I know!  Sorry you have to live through it, @ShesSoCold, but I'm cracking up at your description of "...my coworker, Dumbest Lady Ever,..." and the stories you have told about her, lol.
    I'm in the rare spot of "i actually love my coworkers" so I have nothing to complain about .... it's fun to live vicariously 
  • Options

I'm dragging today. My corworker, Dumbest Lady Ever, is exhausting and I want to punch her.

H went to my dad's last night to help him with some electrical work. I haven't seen my dad in a while (he pissed me off) and H said he was asking about me and seemed sad. Welp, Dad, the phone works both ways.

So H didn't get home until like 8:30 so we ate at 9. Today's my weigh in day and I had a shitty week so I'm up.

Tomorrow is St. Urho's Tay and also BIL's GF's due date. BIL has been radio silent and I'm just hoping we don't find out this baby is born via facebook announcement.

Is that a likely possibility?
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, nothing like a cut/color/trim/ or even hair washing by a pro to make you feel so much better!
    @shessocold, hope this is the start of your Dad picking up the phone and calling you!
    @short+sassy, I think it's made by the same company. Was it Chef Jay's? We don't have a winn dixie but I did order the low sugar ones online (did not see those initially). Only 2.7 g's of sugar, 50 less cals and less fat.  I hope they're as good as you say they are (but still - not chocolate chip!).

Whenever chipotle or jimmy johns does their $1 customer appreciation deal the lines are always out the door.  Those are the days I DON'T go because it's never worth it to me.  I'll pay the $6 more for the normal size, no wait,  tyvm.  Your taco event sounds awesome.  $34 with the drinks is a great price!

That's my favorite part. 

Also, I'm legit trying to find a way to take a nap during the day today. My productivity is official non-existent. 
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2018
    I’m off today. I went to bed at 2 so I’m kind of tired. I’m happy it’s thursday though. I have an appointment, I’m getting my nails done, and I’m finishing up getting everything ready for Vegas. I also found out some juicy info about school but my internet sleuthing has not been fruitful so far. Today I’m going to put more effort into finding out more about it. 

Ofherwise, SSDD. I might see my mom. We’re  worried about my grandma because during gardening, a tick decided to lodge itself on grandma’s chest, right over her pacemaker. The area is all red and infected now, and the pacemaker is a direct line to the heart. I was honestly surprised they didn’t admit her for observation and IV antibiotics. She’s a high risk patient with a lot of potential complicating factors. I might just call and yell at the office anyways because they ignored the NP who made the house visit and who said she needed be seen ASAP, and they asked my grandma if “it was serious” and if she really felt “she needed to come in.” Infuriating on multiple levels. 

• Options

I could have a daily Dumbest Lady Ever story.

But not only is she mind-bogglingly stupid, she's also annoying. We share a cubicle wall and she's literally never not making some type of sound. She's tapping her nails, or humming or clicking her tongue (my personal favorite). I just can't stand her.

But if you want a dumb story, I heard her on the phone for nearly a half hour with a customer yesterday. She kept saying "so you want to set up EFT?" and "Wait. I don't know what you're talking about." This morning the producer told me that the customer didn't receive their bill from the insurance company and was asking if we could get her a copy. Dumbest Lady Ever couldn't comprehend that. Customer told Producer "She's a dingbat". LOL

Charlotte, yeah, I'm thinking it is. BIL is 22 and (H is 31) so there's a big age gap and BIL is, well, to be honest, kind of a loser (dropped out of HS, works minimum wage jobs for a while then quits, no car, etc.). This, plus the fact that BIL is just recently an adult has kind of changed their relationship and they're still figuring out how to be adult siblings, you know?

BIL and SIL are also half-siblings and FIL and step MIL don't really treat H like an actual member of the family. We're always last minute (we weren't even supposed to be invited to the baby shower but that's a long story). I'm just worried no one will bother to tell us she's in labor and suddenly step MIL will post on facebook that the baby's here.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, nothing like a cut/color/trim/ or even hair washing by a pro to make you feel so much better!
    @shessocold, hope this is the start of your Dad picking up the phone and calling you!
    @short+sassy, I think it's made by the same company. Was it Chef Jay's? We don't have a winn dixie but I did order the low sugar ones online (did not see those initially). Only 2.7 g's of sugar, 50 less cals and less fat.  I hope they're as good as you say they are (but still - not chocolate chip!).

Whenever chipotle or jimmy johns does their $1 customer appreciation deal the lines are always out the door.  Those are the days I DON'T go because it's never worth it to me.  I'll pay the $6 more for the normal size, no wait,  tyvm.  Your taco event sounds awesome.  $34 with the drinks is a great price!

A friend of mine is a stylist and the hair washing is an actual art they learn.

Actually - fun fact - I was at Lush recently and the lady was showing me one of the Scrubee's and I've never had my hand feel so relaxed. Apparently working at Lush you also have to take a course. "Like a stylist, so you feel relaxed and enjoy even the smallest part of the moment"
  • Options

Actually - fun fact - I was at Lush recently and the lady was showing me one of the Scrubee's and I've never had my hand feel so relaxed. Apparently working at Lush you also have to take a course. "Like a stylist, so you feel relaxed and enjoy even the smallest part of the moment"
    That's entrapment!  Because in both those cases, you can't do it as well on yourself when you go home!

• Options

I could have a daily Dumbest Lady Ever story.

But not only is she mind-bogglingly stupid, she's also annoying. We share a cubicle wall and she's literally never not making some type of sound. She's tapping her nails, or humming or clicking her tongue (my personal favorite). I just can't stand her.

But if you want a dumb story, I heard her on the phone for nearly a half hour with a customer yesterday. She kept saying "so you want to set up EFT?" and "Wait. I don't know what you're talking about." This morning the producer told me that the customer didn't receive their bill from the insurance company and was asking if we could get her a copy. Dumbest Lady Ever couldn't comprehend that. Customer told Producer "She's a dingbat". LOL

Charlotte, yeah, I'm thinking it is. BIL is 22 and (H is 31) so there's a big age gap and BIL is, well, to be honest, kind of a loser (dropped out of HS, works minimum wage jobs for a while then quits, no car, etc.). This, plus the fact that BIL is just recently an adult has kind of changed their relationship and they're still figuring out how to be adult siblings, you know?

BIL and SIL are also half-siblings and FIL and step MIL don't really treat H like an actual member of the family. We're always last minute (we weren't even supposed to be invited to the baby shower but that's a long story). I'm just worried no one will bother to tell us she's in labor and suddenly step MIL will post on facebook that the baby's here.

You guys aren’t close, so expect that this will happen. You won’t know she is in labor, why would you? You’ll probably find out on FB or some other way you’ll find inappropriate. 
  • Options

That's entrapment!  Because in both those cases, you can't do it as well on yourself when you go home!
    I joked about that as well. But it makes sense also. Someone else does your nails {for example} they likely turn out better than you doing it yourself.
  • Options

No, it isn't a brand name.  It's made by the bakeries that are in the stores.  Winn Dixie is a huge chain, but I think they are predominantly in the South and FL.  I know it doesn't make sense geographically but, culturally, FL is NOT the South, lol.  So I had to use the word "and" to separate them in that sentence, lol.

FL is also one of those states where liquor has to be sold in special stores, though they are at least plentiful.  When I was living in Miami, there was a Winn Dixie grocery store in a strip mall with a "mini me" WD liquor store right next to it.  Same architecture, same look, same signage...except 75% smaller.

Totally agree with the bolded!  The normal Blaze Pizzas are $8.  Waiting in line for 45-60 minutes is NOT worth a $5 savings.  Yeesh.  Maybe if people are going there as a family it makes sense.  But the offer was only good for one pizza, per person.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hold up hold up hold up!

@shessocold BIL and SIL are half siblings...as in BIL and baby mama?
  • Options
    Hold up hold up hold up!

LMAO no, sorry, H also has a SIL. After H's parents got divorced, FIL remarried and had two kids.

Jesus I worded that terribly!!

• Options
    Hold up hold up hold up!

LMAO no, sorry, H also has a SIL. After H's parents got divorced, FIL remarried and had two kids.

Jesus I worded that terribly!!

I vote your family is incestuous like @mrsconn23 has all these problems ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I’m at our venue waiting for beer and wine. Fun fact, the WiFi here doesn’t work so I either have to pay someone to sit here for hours and wait, or I have to do it. Such a waste of time. ETA and after all that my door was locked!  Thankfully, someone else is here with a key!

I’ve had a funky stomach since Tuesday and I’m finally feeling better. But I’m ravenous and want a pizza now. 

The guy who works for H’s opponent has been bashing him on Facebook for a while now in public posts, and yesterday he finally got the balls to call him by name. His claims are so absurd and lack any evidence or grammatical structure and make him look like an idiot every time so it’s pretty funny. There are occasions where I have to remind myself not to engage but for the most part it’s entertainment. One of his better posts accused sitting representatives who endorse new candidates of collusion akin to Russia!
  • Options
    Slept horribly last night. My back is just not okay and I'm not comfortable. I need to see RMT asap
    At least I feel somewhat rested, despite being up a lot.

Found out that our neighbour already called about the coon back in our ceiling. She destroyed near the metal they put up, so she was desperate to get in. We're hoping that we're getting her out before babies are born because we're 95% sure she's preggo.
    We're hoping that blip of nice weather 2 weeks ago didn't make her go into labour early, because M couldn't see her coming out. I said maybe the weather sucks too much .... we're hoping. She's driving our cats nuts cuz they can hear her over the door, but that's it.

I'm happy I was at least up early enough to do my makeup lol! I've been wanting to use my makeup all week but waking up too late :(

Groceries tonight and some tidying.

We started watching "Epic Rap Battles of History" last night. OMFG!! They're hilarious!
    My fave is Stephen Hawking vs Albert Einstein or Stan Lee vs Jim Henson
  • Options
    @short+sassy I love Blaze pizza but didn't even bother trying to go. We went a couple years ago when they had free pizza on Pi day and the line was insane. I've figured even with having to pay it would still be pretty long line so I didn't try. 
  • Options

Good for Prudie aka Daniel.  Although, like S+S, I think his advice misses the mark often, I'm glad he had the courage to be himself.

MKD - Can you please not use the word "coon", it has been used as a derogatory term against black people here in the States.  I know you are using it as raccoon, but it was a bit jarring to see it written out.

Last night's yoga was heavenly for my lower back!  I just need to get back to my 2nd class per week to keep stretching it out.

Not sure what is up for tonight.  We need to unroll the rug we have in the extra bedroom, so my niece will be able to walk in there without tripping.  So maybe I can get H to help with that tonight.

• Options

Good for Prudie aka Daniel.  Although, like S+S, I think his advice misses the mark often, I'm glad he had the courage to be himself.

MKD - Can you please not use the word "coon", it has been used as a derogatory term against black people here in the States.  I know you are using it as raccoon, but it was a bit jarring to see it written out.

Last night's yoga was heavenly for my lower back!  I just need to get back to my 2nd class per week to keep stretching it out.

Not sure what is up for tonight.  We need to unroll the rug we have in the extra bedroom, so my niece will be able to walk in there without tripping.  So maybe I can get H to help with that tonight.

We use the term "Trash Panda" or "Urban Trash Sorter". It differentiates them from "The Stinky Rodent", and the "The Stealing Rodent" (skunk and squirrel). 
  • Options
    It's my Friday!

I've had a busy week+ with work and I'm needing to do what I can to clear as much off my desk so I don't start off Monday too far behind.

Tomorrow DH and I take off to clean and get ready for St. Patrick's Day at our house.  I'm really excited and of course since we're hosting a party it means there's another bug going around at Chiquito's daycare.    There's ALWAYS something but well, the worrying mom in me can't help but flip that a virus will be really bad for my plans.