Wedding Woes

Planning in General

What do you find to be the most difficult part of planning your wedding?
Mine was not having anyone to talk to and get ideas from as well as budget organization!

How about you?!

Re: Planning in General

• scolbert3 said:
    Mine was not having anyone to talk to and get ideas from as well as budget organization!

How about you?!
    The two most difficult parts for me were deciding on a venue and planning the rehearsal dinner.  Oh, and finding time in my schedule and my husband's schedule for meetings and such - he does HVAC and the last few months before the wedding were his busy season so it was near impossible to set a meeting in stone.  
  • Nothing with my planning was that difficult.  But I did get married OOS from where I live, so it was a little frustrating to not see "in person" what was getting planned.  I didn't even get to do any cake tastings!  Isn't that supposed to be one of the best parts of planning, lol?  I also didn't have my mom with me when I tried on wedding dresses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MRDCle said:
    scolbert3 said:

How about you?!
    The two most difficult parts for me were deciding on a venue and planning the rehearsal dinner.  Oh, and finding time in my schedule and my husband's schedule for meetings and such - he does HVAC and the last few months before the wedding were his busy season so it was near impossible to set a meeting in stone.  
    I agree with venue too!! I knew what I wanted right away but it was tough to get hubby on board.  Scheduling with vendors is tough too!
  • Nothing with my planning was that difficult.  But I did get married OOS from where I live, so it was a little frustrating to not see "in person" what was getting planned.  I didn't even get to do any cake tastings!  Isn't that supposed to be one of the best parts of planning, lol?  I also didn't have my mom with me when I tried on wedding dresses.

OMG!! I never even considered brides who have to plan OOS or Destination!  That has to be the toughest! Hope you cake was awesome!!!! :smile:
    And my OOS cake tasting was opposite.  M and I went to his mother's retirement party and as soon as both of us took a bite of that cake we looked at each other and was like "this is our wedding cake".  We found out the venue we chose used the same bakery as that cake.   so while we didn't NEED a tasting, we were in town anyway and wanted to do the tasting. Because yes...it IS the best part.

And my OOS cake tasting was opposite.  M and I went to his mother's retirement party and as soon as both of us took a bite of that cake we looked at each other and was like "this is our wedding cake".  We found out the venue we chose used the same bakery as that cake.   so while we didn't NEED a tasting, we were in town anyway and wanted to do the tasting. Because yes...it IS the best part.

My mom, sister, and toddler nephew went to "my" cake tasting.  To be fair, they went to the same place that prepared my mom's wedding cake, so I was familiar with how good the main cake was.  But that still didn't mean I didn't want to go to a tasting!  Plus, we also got a groom's cake, so I had to rely on their judgement for that one.  Choco-raspberry.  It was also delicious.

From the stories I was told, my nephew was a little hungry-mungry!  He loved it and ate every bit of every sample he was given, lol.  My sister joked that he ate his weight in cake that day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

My mom, sister, and toddler nephew went to "my" cake tasting.  To be fair, they went to the same place that prepared my mom's wedding cake, so I was familiar with how good the main cake was.  But that still didn't mean I didn't want to go to a tasting!  Plus, we also got a groom's cake, so I had to rely on their judgement for that one.  Choco-raspberry.  It was also delicious.

From the stories I was told, my nephew was a little hungry-mungry!  He loved it and ate every bit of every sample he was given, lol.  My sister joked that he ate his weight in cake that day.

We did all our cake-tastings to go.  It was awesome. Cake for literal days.

• In planning a DW (that was cancelled) and then a shotgun wedding, I feel like cake testing is the one huge thing we missed out on.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • We never did a cake tasting.   We walked into the old school Italian bakery and told them what we wanted.   They were the kind of bakery that was in a not so great area, on a main street, a couple display photos were circa 1987 with lexan stands and lights but HOLY MOLY were the cakes good.   We ordered a cake and got cannoli to go.   Because OMG they're so good. 

• We did cake tasting, only because they offered it while we went over details. It was cupcake place {top tier & rest cupcakes}
    They even said we didn't have to choose the flavours we were going with {vanilla & red velvet} and to just enjoy a cupcake :')