Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Which photo

We are having a small simple remembrance table set up for our grandparents who have passed away. 
My question is do I use a photo of them from their younger years (like their wedding photo) or do I use a photo that is how I remember them (aka 70-80 yrs old) 

Re: Which photo

• We are having a small simple remembrance table set up for our grandparents who have passed away. 
    My question is do I use a photo of them from their younger years (like their wedding photo) or do I use a photo that is how I remember them (aka 70-80 yrs old) 
    I love seeing old wedding photos displayed, but if there is a more recent photo that you love that works, too. 
    ahoyweddingshort+sassyMairePoppyei34
  • MairePoppyMairePoppy Connecticut mod
    Moderator Knottie Warrior 5000 Comments 500 Love Its
    edited April 2018
    I love looking at old wedding photos, even if I don't know the couple. I was lucky to inherit many old family wedding portraits from my family and my husband's family. My SILs mom also has quite a collection. DD and SIL scanned the portraits and made a slideshow, which played on a TV in the cocktail room throughout the reception. Since there were no space limitations, they added in some childhood and family reunion pics. 

If you must choose, I vote for the wedding photos. If there is room, you might add in more recent pics of your grandparents.

ei34