Wedding Woes
Options

Friday Friday!

and thank god it is.

What's on your agenda?

H and I have planned a last minute lunch today at my favorite spot.  Nothing going on this weekend but maybe meet up with some friends. 

Re: Friday Friday!

• Options
    Clinic today and tomorrow and a much needed brunch on Sunday. Then back to clinic for the next 6 days. I've decided I'm kicking Fi and Jack out of our bedroom until clinic is done/I have nights that aren't on clinic days. I slept like crap last night because both of them were all over the place. First day of clinic was okay. They said today should be way different though so I'm a little nervous for what's coming. I hope everyone has a good weekend! 

• Options
    Tonight, my only plan is pizza and beer. 

Tomorrow, the boys are going to help FIL demo his kitchen.  I probably won't go.  I'll get my night alone that I was supposed to get a couple weeks ago.  I reached out to my friend to see if she can hang, but she hasn't gotten back to me. 

My mom is having some health issues that has us all concerned.  She had some testing and sees a doctor next week to figure out a treatment plan, but dealing with what's going on in the meantime sucks for her.  I may see what she's up to and go visit with her.  

Sunday, DefConn has a bday party to attend. 

• Options
    I have to leave work early to pick up munchkin for a doctor's appointment which is supposed to take 90 minutes, so I'm picking up Mexican for dinner since normally I cook on Fridays but I'm not getting home in time to and FI won't be home from school with all this snow in time. 
  • Options
    In middle of talking to M about hitting up Home Sense tonight. I'm looking for a nice piece for behind our couch. I'm not thrilled with how the frames we have up look and think they'd look better in a different spot.

Saturday I'm getting a pedicure with a friend while M goes to the rod & gun show.
    Friend I'm seeing tomorrow just got engaged - found out last night! - so I'm excited to see her ring in person :)
    They're doing a long engagement, and I joked that if they opt to wait long enough BabyKitten could be flower girl lmfao She apparently was thinking of that anyways lol {she already mentioned I'd be a BM :) which I thought was nice. I said I'd be happy even just attending}
    I'm so excited for her! :D 

Sunday - idk. At this moment nothing. Maybe stuff around the house? We have some stuff to bring down to the basement but M hasn't found a spot for certain things.
    At the very least, I'll see if he'll work on the work bench some more and maybe browse ikea ....
    Basement is getting done slowly. We found a box that is big enough to hold some stuff we've received that BabyKitten won't need for awhile. {like a life jacket and something to help her walk}
  • Options
    K and I both had a bad week, so we are hibernating and resetting this weekend.  I'm in a rather bad headspace with some personal things that have been going on and need to slough it off.  
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    K and I both had a bad week, so we are hibernating and resetting this weekend.  I'm in a rather bad headspace with some personal things that have been going on and need to slough it off.  
    Self care time is 100% more important <3
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    This is an excellent plan. 
  • Options
    Tattoos...work....and Ikea.  Not a bad weekend!

The Pistons thing was amazing!  Former Pistons players coached us in a game on the court and then we got to watch the real game from a Suite.  We also got shirts with our last names on the back!

• Options
    @MissKittyDanger is HomeSense Canadian Home Goods?
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93w8geO-oPw

So DH is in charge of the meal tonight!   I hope it's good!  
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten Yup. TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Winners, Home Sense & Home Goods are all same :)
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten Yup. TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Winners, Home Sense & Home Goods are all same :)
    I love home shopping - have fun!
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

My parents are taking the kids to a play tonight so DH and I are going out for dinner.  Tomorrow 2 soccer games were cancelled.  The last one is going to be cold as #$*@).  I'm trying to decide which is worse, sitting in the cold alone at the game or staying home with the other 2.

Sunday Church and we start lacrosse season.  It's also going to be cold, but at least it's in the afternoon so the sun might help.

That's about it. 

• Options
    happy birthday @banana468

@6fsn I think I'd choose cold and alone
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    We just got Home Sense here in MA - I haven't been yet, but I am super curious about it!

It's snowing here. It's April 6 for crying out loud. I'm DONE with Winter. 

ETA: Happy Birthday, @banana468!!!!!
  • Options

Several years ago, my sister and I had giant margaritas and went to At Home. We were there for what felt like hours and decorated almost her entire house. Last year when she considered moving, the realtor complimented her on her design.

Neither of us know a damned thing about home design and had never done anything like buy art before. I'm convinced it was the margaritas. I told H that after we paint, the three of us are going to get drunk and go home shopping.

So, I have odd taste in men. Scary tattooed long haired metal guys are my type. I once dated a guy only because he had a hearse and Pantera tattoo.

H has never had long hair before but he's been growing it. It's gotten pretty long. Last night he got it cut and I. LOVE. IT. He did the 90s shave on the sides and back and leave the top long thing. I guess the guy called it "the Viking". He looks so good.

This weekend should be pretty boring. Cooking, cleaning, H has a tattoo on Sunday and I'm going to my sister's to finally do our taxes since she has the software.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold Sometimes the weirdest moments turn into the greatest things ;) Yay for margs & home decorating lmao!!

With the show "Vikings" it's made a come back. One of M's friends has similar hair cut. My first comment when I saw it was "well ... it makes me think of the 90s :| "
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold Sometimes the weirdest moments turn into the greatest things ;) Yay for margs & home decorating lmao!!

With the show "Vikings" it's made a come back. One of M's friends has similar hair cut. My first comment when I saw it was "well ... it makes me think of the 90s :| "

LOL yeah we're probably some of the few who still like that 90s cut.

Before H got his cut yesterday he looked like Shawn Hunter from Boy Meets World. LOL. Now it looks more  like this (without the ugly little bun thing)

See the source image

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Homegoods/Marshalls/TJMaxx have the best art work.

• Options

LOL yeah we're probably some of the few who still like that 90s cut.

Before H got his cut yesterday he looked like Shawn Hunter from Boy Meets World. LOL. Now it looks more  like this (without the ugly little bun thing)

See the source image

What age of Shawn Hunter though?

I think that is the type of cut the guy has to have an angled type face for it to look decent. M has a very rounded face {he's 27 and when he shaves, I call him 12 because he's got such a baby face} so it wouldn't work on him. But the guy I know who does have that cut, very angled. Like the guy in the photo idea. Not chiseled per say.
  • Options

Um, like this Shawn Hunter.

See the source image

And as much of a crush I had on him when I was 12, the new cut is much better. LOL.

• Options

Um, like this Shawn Hunter.

See the source image

And as much of a crush I had on him when I was 12, the new cut is much better. LOL.

Same girl, hence my curiosity ;)
    Lol I'm pretty sure in eps of Girl Meets World Shawn has a similar "Viking" cut
  • Options
    A friend is coming over this afternoon for drinks and bringing his "new" wife. I was friends with his late wife so am looking forward to meeting his new one. I'm glad he is happy. 

I've been stalking FB Marketplace looking for nursery stuff for DD. I'm about ready to buy stuff without her and SIL's approval though because by the time they get back to me with the OK to get something it is gone! They have about two months (probably less) until the babies arrive. I know I don't have to do this but they have so much to do with the new house and work and stuff that I figured I could at least stalk garage sale sites for them.

Tomorrow we are going to a friend's house for dinner. He is an excellent cook. I think he might be fixing paella. I can't wait! Other than that just house stuff this weekend!