Attire and Accessories

How did you accessorize?

I'm getting re-married (his second also) and we are eloping at Moraine Lake in Canada. My dress is super simple but elegant (Martina Liana- Casey top/Sawyer skirt in the Stone color). My dad wants to buy the jewelry for me, and I have no idea what accessories I want. Earrings for sure, but do I stick with super simple?

Re: How did you accessorize?

• justsiejustsie
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    I've seen other posters recommend that you find your dress on the designer's website and take accessory cues from that. It looks like with that top the designer chose some type of headpiece and drop earrings, paring one bottom with a belt.
  • I never thought about taking cues off the pictures...that would be too obvious  :D :D
  • IMO, I'd find out what his budget is because that impacts things considerably for what you ultimately decide to get.  The other thing to think about is heirloom - if you decide to have kids is the set something to hand down.  Pearls are timeless and opportunities to wear again abound.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Another thing to consider is how you typically accessorize on a daily basis/for formal events.  If you don't typically deck yourself out in jewels than keep to that trend for your wedding and vice versa.  Don't accessorize because you feel like you have to.