Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday

How's it hanging today?

Supposedly it's going to start feeling more like spring starting today.  We'll see about that.  

The kiddo doesn't work and DefConn doesn't have jiujitsu tonight.  This is a rare midweek night with nothing on the books.  I'll take it.  ;)

Other than that, SSDD.

Re: Wednesday

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    One more thing, I went through our freezers and pantry and realized we had a shit-ton of food that we need to eat.  So I grocery shopped very light for the week (mostly fresh stuff and fill-ins for dishes). 

And I am entirely bored with the food in my house.  Opening my fridge annoys me.  ;) 

I'm trying to do the same! My pantry is a disaster and I get all stabby trying to dig shit out of it. I've been trying to use up one pantry thing or condiment from the fridge door per week.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    My husband went to the store Sunday. I asked him to get some fruit for the week. He bought 6 apples. SIX. Yesterday I went back and bought six POUNDS.  3 lbs of kiwi 4 lbs bananas and a pineapple. That's fruit for the week. Six apples.  What house does he live in?!

working, cleaning, and getting my van mirror fixed today. 
  • Options
    Coming home from traveling is almost as exhausting as the traveling itself. I've been playing catch-up all week and I'm not entirely sure what day it is. And I'm stupidly planning another trip for the beginning of May.

Not too much here; we're going to a second look at a house tonight. We had seen it with the original agent and H was on the fence (I liked it). It needs a new kitchen and only has a partial basement, but has a huge garage and nice land. So we're going back with the new guy to see what he says. 
  • Options
    Our new HVAC still isn't complete. They had it in Monday so we had heat (the guy left at 9:30pm!), then had to come back Tuesday to install the humidifier since they didn't have something or didn't have time on Monday. Still have duct work they are supposed to do as well. I can't believe it is taking this long. 

I told myself I really need to start eating healthier because it has gotten out of control and the fat clothes I bought over the winter are getting snug. So of course this morning my coworker asks if I'd like a chik fil a breakfast sandwich because she got a free extra with her order. I don't even like their breakfast but I took it and ate it. Sigh. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    So of course this morning my coworker asks if I'd like a chik fil a breakfast sandwich because she got a free extra with her order. I don't even like their breakfast but I took it and ate it. Sigh. 
    I don't like their breakfast either. Everyone acts like I'm crazy when I say that, LOL.  
  • Options
    @6fsn, I know you listen to Bitch Sesh, but I found the "Watch What Crappens" podcast.  They recap all Bravo shows, but I've only listened to the shows I watch.  They are gut-bustingly hilarious.
  • Options
    Hello, Mrs. Conn. How's it going? They are working me like a Hebrew slave so I never seem to get on the knot anymore.

I don't have many updates. My niece turned one. She is so cute. I gave her a horrible nickname, but I can't stop using it. I call her New New. She was so new and little, and it just stuck. The mother says I need to stop calling her that, but I say it when she isn't around.:)

• Options
    Was so busy yesterday I didn't get a chance to pop on long enough to post.

@southernbelle0915 speedy baby vibes!! How are you feeling otherwise? {other than "done" ;) }

Had my OB appt yesterday. Reading at 32 weeks, which matches my last ultrasound of reading about 5 days early {date wise, I'm 32 weeks on Friday}
    I'm officially off work as of the 27th of this month, and night's like last night where I just couldn't sleep {indigestion, uncomfortable, sore, etc} makes me grateful.
    I've arranged with my work that technically I'm only leaving mid-May because I'm gonna use up some vacation time. It works out well.

Nesting has started somewhat. I kinda feel like M has started nesting in his own way, because he's been pretty on top of cleaning stuff up {hey, I ain't complaining ;) }

We've had a taste of spring, then we're getting snow this weekend. But by mid-week next week, it'll actually start getting to normal spring temps. Just in time. I cannot close my coat lmao!

Tomorrow is our first prenatal class :)
  • Options
    Hello, Mrs. Conn. How's it going? They are working me like a Hebrew slave so I never seem to get on the knot anymore.

I was so happy to see you pop in!  :D  I'm an auntie again, as SIL finally popped on Monday.  ;)  Other than that, it's the backward slide to the end of the school year.  I hope work can ease up for you soon, but at least you have summer break in sight.  
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    My husband went to the store Sunday. I asked him to get some fruit for the week. He bought 6 apples. SIX. Yesterday I went back and bought six POUNDS.  3 lbs of kiwi 4 lbs bananas and a pineapple. That's fruit for the week. Six apples.  What house does he live in?!

yeahno, 6 apples won't do the trick!  When I have H go out for fruit, he knows me and my laziness and gets the ones already cut up.  WAY over priced. And a lot of them too! You have to eat those faster because they go bad pretty quick.

• Options
    6fsn said:

Lol that sounds like a lot of fruit to me, but I'm mostly the only one who eats it.
    Are you all big fruit eaters?
  • Options
    6fsn said:

HI NOla!!!

So, I've lost 20 lbs doing beachbody (mock me it's fine).  My "coach" asked if she could spotlight it.  I thought it was going to other coaches or the accountability group.  It went public on facebook.  I am part embarrassed and part proud.

@charmedpam- I know it takes work, but when I do apple slices I put pour a little can of pineapple juice in a gallon Ziploc, slice up a bag of apples and put them in.  Toss it all around to get the pineapple juice to coat everything then toss it in the refrigerator.  They keep for over a week.

I also do BB (definitely no mocking here) and I've lost about 20 pounds, too. I love it. Judge me or whatever, but it works for me. 

Also, good for you!! I'd totally be proud. 
  • Options

I'm so jealous of you guys. I LOVE fruit. But in the last 9 months or so, almost any fruit suddenly makes me EXTREMELY gassy. Like, horrific and frequent.

I asked my doctor about it and he goes, "that's just part of the aging process".

Fuck you, guy. I'm 30 fucking years old. Aging process? Pssht.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

I'm so jealous of you guys. I LOVE fruit. But in the last 9 months or so, almost any fruit suddenly makes me EXTREMELY gassy. Like, horrific and frequent.

I asked my doctor about it and he goes, "that's just part of the aging process".

Fuck you, guy. I'm 30 fucking years old. Aging process? Pssht.

My mum gets stomach issues with cucumbers. I would question it though, for her it ended up being another situation going on. {fyi it hit her suddenly and when she was older also}
  • Options
    6fsn said:

I am just cracking up at this.  In my house, it's just me and my H.  No kids.  And six apples isn't even enough fruit for just us in a week, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry, but I need to rant about my H for a minute. 

Houses are expensive. I get that. We've done the pre-approval, we've decided what our max budget is (well less than we're approved for), we've gone through how much we're comfortable per month and worked it all out. Great. So now H is all "we have to look at things 20-30 less than our budget, even less if it needs work, and I'm not really comfortable with this anymore". All over text. Then says "I have to go I can't talk about this anymore"

Duuude you started this whole conversation, you dropped this bomb, and now are shutting it down when I ask questions. Why bring it up at all, over texts, if you don't want to talk about it?! 
  • Options

Houses are expensive. I get that. We've done the pre-approval, we've decided what our max budget is (well less than we're approved for), we've gone through how much we're comfortable per month and worked it all out. Great. So now H is all "we have to look at things 20-30 less than our budget, even less if it needs work, and I'm not really comfortable with this anymore". All over text. Then says "I have to go I can't talk about this anymore"

Duuude you started this whole conversation, you dropped this bomb, and now are shutting it down when I ask questions. Why bring it up at all, over texts, if you don't want to talk about it?! 
    Whaaaat!?
    The 20-30 is confusing me, does he mean 20-30% less than what you originally talked about?
    What's he not comfortable with?
    MR. CHARLOTTE YOU CANNOT LEAVE PEOPLE HANGING LIKE THAT!
  • Options

Whaaaat!?
    The 20-30 is confusing me, does he mean 20-30% less than what you originally talked about?
    Sorry, in my ranting I left some things out. $20,000-30,000 less than what we had set as our budget (which is already less than we're approved for). 

I don't know what he's not comfortable with because he wouldn't effing answer?! GAH, I'm so annoyed. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member

Not cool Mr.Charlotte!  Those need to be conversations in person when you have time to talk.  Not a text and run.

• Options

Whaaaat!?
    Sorry, in my ranting I left some things out. $20,000-30,000 less than what we had set as our budget (which is already less than we're approved for). 

I don't know what he's not comfortable with because he wouldn't effing answer?! GAH, I'm so annoyed. 
    Ahh okay.
    I would 100% be annoyed to. He better 'fess up on this later, because that kinda sounds unreasonable the way he's acting :\
  • Options

That's bullshit.   He set up that statement exactly so you can't have a conversation about it.   Sorry but it doesn't work that way.

I agree that you want to make sure that you can do more than just pay all the bills every month since you may have sudden bills like a deductible because a tree fell on your roof.

I really need to firm up plans for Chiquita's first communion weekend and also for the summer.   Summer camp scheduling sucks when your kid starts to get old!
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member

@banana468- summer camps do suck!  I stressed this year because I wanted something they could all enjoy and do the same week, but the age difference is biting me in the ass.  Max is only 5 going into K so he's not eligible for most stuff.  I'm forcing them to do one more year of Bible school for my sanity.

Next year they'll do a week long sandlot style fun camp together then they'll each get a soccer camp.

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member

@banana468- summer camps do suck!  I stressed this year because I wanted something they could all enjoy and do the same week, but the age difference is biting me in the ass.  Max is only 5 going into K so he's not eligible for most stuff.  I'm forcing them to do one more year of Bible school for my sanity.

Next year they'll do a week long sandlot style fun camp together then they'll each get a soccer camp.

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited April 2018

Duplicate

• Options

@kvruns and @mrsconn23, I've never lived anywhere handy to a Chik-Fil-A, so my experiences with their breakfasts is sparse.  But I seem to remember they only have biscuits for their breakfast sandwiches.  And I don't like biscuits, so it got the side-eye from me.

Speaking of healthy (or not so healthy eating), I was so proud of myself yesterday.  I picked up a teriyaki chicken bahn mi from a new place...it's actually more of a convenience store...and they told me I could choose a piece of fruit or a bag of Zapp's chips.  They are a local brand of chips.  Thick and kettle cooked, full of flavor.  Great chips!  But I chose an orange instead :).  I'm sure that makes up for the dozen or so poor nutritional choices I've made over the last week, lol.

The bahn mi was tasty and I will definitely return!  I also ripped off half the bread and saved myself more empty calories.  Admittedly, I almost always do that because it tastes better to me.  I'm not much a bread person and feel the bread ratio for a sandwich is almost always too heavy.  So it isn't a sacrifice for me to get rid of superfluous bread, lol.

My oddball way to eat a hamburger.  If there are no condiments on the bottom bun, I flip the hamburger over and eat it upside down.  I do that because I rip almost all the (original) bottom bun off, leaving just enough to hold it with my fingers.

My H didn't get as much done for our next-door rental as I'd hoped yesterday.  He's working on it a little this morning, but then has to go to the re-inspection for our Section 8 rental unit.  The window is from noon-4PM.  Ugh!  Which extra sucks for him because it isn't like your own house, where you can at least be hanging out.  With any luck, they'll be there on the earlier side of that timeframe and he can come back and get more done.  If not, a big portion of the day will be shot.

With all of that, I suckered myself into working over on that side for 1-2 hours when I get home from work.

Wedding Countdown Ticker