Wedding Woes

Almost Friday!

I don't know where the week has gone, but at least it's almost Friday! H is heading out of town to go fishing all weekend so I'm planning to catch-up on sleep and get some work done. 

The house we were going to see last night has a pending offer, so nothing on that front. Hoping more start coming to the market now that the weather is (allegedly) going to get nicer. 

Re: Almost Friday!

• @charlotte989875 how's the conversation front with your DH?   

Chiquita's gut struck this morning and kiddo was feeling off and nauseated before school.   I'm HOPING she can make it through. 

I hear we may get spring for 48 hours this week!  

• spring. yay!
    @kimmiinthemitten, GL to your contender! 

Last night i went home and tried a copy cat version of The Cheesecake Factory's chicken maderia.  results:  get your chicken maderia from The Cheesecake Factory.

This weeekend is going to be weird for me.  I had a falling out with someone over 5 years ago, over something stupid - but words were said and it ended a friendship.  Last year she reached out and gave me the apology I was looking for and wanted me back in her life and she realized how much she missed me.  We've been facebook friends for about a year now but she hasn't come back to Chicago yet.  Well...she's coming this weekend.  So I agreed to a lunch or dinner with her on Saturday.  Thing is, I dislike her hubby and I'm sure he's coming with. I really wanted our "first lunch" together to be us but there's nothing I can do about that.  She was supposed to come into town last summer with a girlfriend but it got canceled. 

She also invited me out downtown after it.  I was thinking I should just ease myself back into friendship with a lunch and a whole day's outing may be uncomfortable, especially after 5+ years, so I may decline.  Maybe next time she's in town I'd be up for a whole day thing.  Amirite?  I think her H knows I'm not a fan.

• We are supposed to get some big ice storm this weekend. I'm just hoping it starts after lessons on Saturday morning. I really don't have time for this mayhem.
  • spring. yay!
    @kimmiinthemitten, GL to your contender! 

Last night i went home and tried a copy cat version of The Cheesecake Factory's chicken maderia.  results:  get your chicken maderia from The Cheesecake Factory.

This weeekend is going to be weird for me.  I had a falling out with someone over 5 years ago, over something stupid - but words were said and it ended a friendship.  Last year she reached out and gave me the apology I was looking for and wanted me back in her life and she realized how much she missed me.  We've been facebook friends for about a year now but she hasn't come back to Chicago yet.  Well...she's coming this weekend.  So I agreed to a lunch or dinner with her on Saturday.  Thing is, I dislike her hubby and I'm sure he's coming with. I really wanted our "first lunch" together to be us but there's nothing I can do about that.  She was supposed to come into town last summer with a girlfriend but it got canceled. 

She also invited me out downtown after it.  I was thinking I should just ease myself back into friendship with a lunch and a whole day's outing may be uncomfortable, especially after 5+ years, so I may decline.  Maybe next time she's in town I'd be up for a whole day thing.  Amirite?  I think her H knows I'm not a fan.
    Definitely right! Just do lunch, because so sad you have other plans after. 
  • Charmed - I would stick to just lunch as well.  Ease back in slowly.

Charlotte - Glad you had your talk and H recognized his error.

Work will be busy the next two days, so hopefully that will help the day pass until 5 PM tomorrow!  Prudie day will help today!

I'm giving blood tonight, but that's about it.  I will offer H to come with me and he and DD can go to the kiddie section of the library where the blood drive is.

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2018
    I'm here. Had an early dentist appt and am on my monthly one on one call with my boss. 

It's sunny and going to be above 70 today.  And I went to the store and bought some food that I want to eat because I just couldn't face another day. And I wanted a fruity beer to go with the weather.  ;) 

Prudie soon. 
  • @CharmedPam If her H knows you're not a fan, hopefully he backs off :\ GL to the lunch though, hopefully it goes smoothly. I get the awkwardness of doing it though lol

@TrixieJess Oh no, you're in the ice storm area! :\ Stay safe

This weekend is suppose to be absolutely crap weather, so M and I are taking advantage of it and getting stuff around the house done.

At least real spring weather is coming soon :) So far the 24th has been off and on about weather, but I'm hoping it'll be decent.

I saw neighbours across from us tossing things similar to what we have, so if the garbage people take that today then in 2 weeks we're gonna start tossing some of our stuff out. {speakers previous owners left, boombox previous owners left, ikea desk that broke in the move .... }

Prenatal classes start tonight :)
  • @CharmedPam If her H knows you're not a fan, hopefully he backs off :\ GL to the lunch though, hopefully it goes smoothly. I get the awkwardness of doing it though lol

@TrixieJess Oh no, you're in the ice storm area! :\ Stay safe

This weekend is suppose to be absolutely crap weather, so M and I are taking advantage of it and getting stuff around the house done.

At least real spring weather is coming soon :) So far the 24th has been off and on about weather, but I'm hoping it'll be decent.

I saw neighbours across from us tossing things similar to what we have, so if the garbage people take that today then in 2 weeks we're gonna start tossing some of our stuff out. {speakers previous owners left, boombox previous owners left, ikea desk that broke in the move .... }

Are they free in your city? Our Public Health department offered free classes online. We opted for those, mainly so I didn't have to hike out in the middle of winter to take classes. 

• I saw neighbours across from us tossing things similar to what we have, so if the garbage people take that today then in 2 weeks we're gonna start tossing some of our stuff out. {speakers previous owners left, boombox previous owners left, ikea desk that broke in the move .... }

Our city trash service has a spring and fall clean up day where they will pick up almost anything, but you can't put it out any other time. I always miss it advertised but know when I see neighbors putting out random junk. I actually did notice it in the paper this time though so will be cleaning my garage this weekend for it.

Questionary at the mexican restaurant tonight, can't wait for steak fajitas.
  • @charlotte989875, hopefully more good houses soon!  At least things got a little more worked out with your H as to how important communications need to be handled ;).  I also had a property I was interested in go under contract (I think) yesterday.  It was just listed a few days ago, but was a great price for the rental potential, so I'm not surprised it's already "pending".  I wish I could have been the one to jump right away, lol.  But we have a lot going on and I would have barely/maybe been able to come up with the down payment.  Really need to stop procrastinating on my cash-out refi loan so the next one doesn't slip through my fingers, lol.

@kimmiinthemitten, that does sound like an exciting weekend.  Enjoy the State Democratic Convention.  I remember you sent me a link to a funny commercial the AG candidate you all like aired.  Good luck to her!  And, of course, continued good luck to Mr. Mitten.

@CharmedPam, mmm...Cheesecake Factory.  We finally got our first one here a few years ago.  Though a local restaurant chain opened a similar concept a long time ago.  They're good too.  I agree with you and the other PPs that, for this first visit since the long ago "bad blood", you should keep it to just lunch.  Especially since her H will be there and you don't care for him.  Because then you'd be spending all day with him also.

I flaked last night and didn't go over to the next-door unit and do my share of the work.  But tonight!  For sure probably, lol.  It actually depends a little on how I am feeling.  I woke up with a horrible headache and felt a bit nauseous.  But I had too much to do today at work, so I came in anyway.  I took my "heavy duty" prescription medicine for headaches and am actually feeling much better now.

This is actually my "Friday".  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and took the day off, since Fridays are only half-days for me anyway.  It's one of my "usual" 3x/year appointments with my endocrinologist.  I'm also going to be one of "those" patients and tell him about the two medical conditions I think I have from Googling my symptoms.  I'm sure doctors just love that, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Prenatal classes start tonight :)
    Are they free in your city? Our Public Health department offered free classes online. We opted for those, mainly so I didn't have to hike out in the middle of winter to take classes. 
    Ours are free :) 
    There are some paid ones, but my OB said there were a lot of free ones. When I was getting a new phone a few months ago, the lady was pregnant and idk how we got on the topic, but she said she did hers through the library.
    Those are so popular omg!
  • This is actually my "Friday".  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and took the day off, since Fridays are only half-days for me anyway.  It's one of my "usual" 3x/year appointments with my endocrinologist.  I'm also going to be one of "those" patients and tell him about the two medical conditions I think I have from Googling my symptoms.  I'm sure doctors just love that, lol.

I self diagnose myself ALL the time.  Usually it's right.  I just can't prescribe myself anything. :)

• I saw neighbours across from us tossing things similar to what we have, so if the garbage people take that today then in 2 weeks we're gonna start tossing some of our stuff out. {speakers previous owners left, boombox previous owners left, ikea desk that broke in the move .... }

Our city trash service has a spring and fall clean up day where they will pick up almost anything, but you can't put it out any other time. I always miss it advertised but know when I see neighbors putting out random junk. I actually did notice it in the paper this time though so will be cleaning my garage this weekend for it.

Questionary at the mexican restaurant tonight, can't wait for steak fajitas.
    We have schedules and online says a good amount of stuff that can go on, but some things we were never 100% sure.
    Certain times of the year, they'll have leaf and tree trimming pick up and if you need to set something up {ie; diaper pick up} you have to call.

For us it's garbage and blue box {plastic + metal} one week, black box {paper} the next.

And mmmm fajitas :) I'm having those tomorrow
  • @charlotte989875, hopefully more good houses soon!  At least things got a little more worked out with your H as to how important communications need to be handled ;).  I also had a property I was interested in go under contract (I think) yesterday.  It was just listed a few days ago, but was a great price for the rental potential, so I'm not surprised it's already "pending".  I wish I could have been the one to jump right away, lol.  But we have a lot going on and I would have barely/maybe been able to come up with the down payment.  Really need to stop procrastinating on my cash-out refi loan so the next one doesn't slip through my fingers, lol.

Thank you for the mortgage breakdown yesterday. It's not the monthly payment that's the big deal, it's more of the upfront downpayment+ taxes+ closing costs that he's concerned with. We've moved so much (and used a lot of savings) in the last few years, that I think he's worried about the upfront costs moreso than the overtime costs. 

That sounds like our market; good properties at good prices go within a few days. We really have to be ready to jump, which is SO unnerving. 
  • This is actually my "Friday".  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and took the day off, since Fridays are only half-days for me anyway.  It's one of my "usual" 3x/year appointments with my endocrinologist.  I'm also going to be one of "those" patients and tell him about the two medical conditions I think I have from Googling my symptoms.  I'm sure doctors just love that, lol.

I self diagnose myself ALL the time.  Usually it's right.  I just can't prescribe myself anything. :)

I did that about a year ago, with a super specific weird and random symptom, and I found the answer!  I was elated, lol.

My symptom was it sometimes felt like there was a piece of string tied around the toe next to my big toe on my left foot.

I thought there was no way I'd find anything for something so specific and weird.  I literally Googled something like "feels like string tied around toe", because there just wasn't another way to describe it.

But, ta-da!  Apparently there is a ligament that runs between the 2nd and 3rd toe.  And when it is aggravated, it feels like a string is tied around one of those toes.  With further info that people who drive manual transmissions cars...me!...can experience this on their left foot from using the clutch.

No real suggestions for fixing it that weren't substantially more aggravating than the occasional bothersome sensation.  But at least I knew what it was and that it was nothing concerning!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I did that about a year ago, with a super specific weird and random symptom, and I found the answer!  I was elated, lol.

My symptom was it sometimes felt like there was a piece of string tied around the toe next to my big toe on my left foot.

I thought there was no way I'd find anything for something so specific and weird.  I literally Googled something like "feels like string tied around toe", because there just wasn't another way to describe it.

But, ta-da!  Apparently there is a ligament that runs between the 2nd and 3rd toe.  And when it is aggravated, it feels like a string is tied around one of those toes.  With further info that people who drive manual transmissions cars...me!...can experience this on their left foot from using the clutch.

No real suggestions for fixing it that weren't substantially more aggravating than the occasional bothersome sensation.  But at least I knew what it was and that it was nothing concerning!

Neuroma? I have this from ballet. 

Neuroma? I have this from ballet. 

I looked it back up and it seemed like capsulitis was what I was finding.  Neuroma is a possibility also, but that is usually more related to symptoms of "burning pain, tingling, and numbness".  When it happens to me, it isn't painful or any of those other things, it's just a weird/odd sensation.  Like there is a string or hair lightly wrapped around that toe, except nothing is there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My nonprofit office has a kitchen and we run a culinary training program for low-income women (and some men) and the entire office smells delicious. Yesterday it was Mac & Cheese with Eggplant parm. I have no idea what today is but I'm starving. It's also incredibly difficult to eat my boring lunch when they are cooking this delicious food (which they then offer to us all). 
  • My nonprofit office has a kitchen and we run a culinary training program for low-income women (and some men) and the entire office smells delicious. Yesterday it was Mac & Cheese with Eggplant parm. I have no idea what today is but I'm starving. It's also incredibly difficult to eat my boring lunch when they are cooking this delicious food (which they then offer to us all). 

I was reading your post waiting for this answer to my question, lol.

There is a FANTASTIC restaurant in NOLA called Café Reconcile.  It's a non-profit where at-risk youths receive job training in the restaurant trade.  And in a foodie town like NOLA, there are tons of those kind of jobs available for people with experience.

And, while it's great they do such good work, the food is also delicious and reasonably priced!  Primarily down-home Southern comfort foods.  As such, the restaurant is super popular, primarily at lunch.  If you show up at noon, expect a 30-60 minute wait, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I was reading your post waiting for this answer to my question, lol.

There is a FANTASTIC restaurant in NOLA called Café Reconcile.  It's a non-profit where at-risk youths receive job training in the restaurant trade.  And in a foodie town like NOLA, there are tons of those kind of jobs available for people with experience.

And, while it's great they do such good work, the food is also delicious and reasonably priced!  Primarily down-home Southern comfort foods.  As such, the restaurant is super popular, primarily at lunch.  If you show up at noon, expect a 30-60 minute wait, lol.

We would love to move toward having a permanent space. Right now we just do catering (and we do soft pretzels for a local brewery), but it's really great and the food is delicious. I think I'm indulging today. The best part is that it's free because they're practicing. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

It's a GORGEOUS day.  Max has his first soccer game tonight.  I'm going to miss it to take 6let to practice, but that just means I get to run at the pretty little pond. 

A few weeks ago I made an offhand comment to my small group that the only crosses in my house are in my kids' rooms.  Today they gave me a thank you card with a gift card to the religious book store and another for Costco.  It made my day. Maybe even the month. I was petrified to start this group, but almost two years later I can't imagine giving it up. 

• Clinic today. School yesterday was annoying but it’s over now. I also have a friend that’s getting on my nerves a little bit. She’s very sensitive and anything you say or text her has to be read and re-read to make she won’t take it the wrong way. It just gets exhausting sometimes. The weather finally cooled off a bit. It was 100 this week. No, go home weather, you are drunk. 

• levioosa said:
    Clinic today. School yesterday was annoying but it’s over now. I also have a friend that’s getting on my nerves a little bit. She’s very sensitive and anything you say or text her has to be read and re-read to make she won’t take it the wrong way. It just gets exhausting sometimes. The weather finally cooled off a bit. It was 100 this week. No, go home weather, you are drunk. 
    That does sound exhausting :\ sounds like she's the kind of friend you don't text, you call.

I wish I had warm weather. Not like 100 degrees, but warmer. I can't close my jacket lol
  • @MissKittyDanger I wish in person was easier but calling/face to face is just as bad. Everything I say I have to think about before I say it. She’s having problems with another friend and I know exactly why, but I can’t actually tell her when she asks what I think because I know she’d get offended/it would hurt her feelings. 

• @levioosa yikes :( tough situation. Off hand, it sounds like some issues going on mentally. Not easy regardless.
  • I heard, in the news, that we made it up to 70 degrees today!

Wouldn't know though.

• I just got outside for lunch and it’s actually beautiful outside today. I found out too late that my mom and Grandma are in the area and I could have grabbed food with them. We made plans for dinner tomorrow instead.