Favors

Flip Flops- Dollar Tree vs. Old Navy?

Anyone have an idea if the Dollar Tree flip flops are as good as the Old Navy ones you can get at their yearly $1 sale?  It seems like a big hassle to go the Old Navy route because you can only get 10 per person at the sale, so I would have to enlist some help in the purchasing.  Dollar tree gives you a case of 12 for $12, and gives you a mix of sizes.  

PS: Not looking for a discussion on whether or not to get the flip flops (I've seen a lot of mean naysayers on here).  My wedding is out in the hot desert, and I know if I were going to my wedding and there were flip-flops at the dance floor I would be super stoked.  =)

Re: Flip Flops- Dollar Tree vs. Old Navy?

• Anyone have an idea if the Dollar Tree flip flops are as good as the Old Navy ones you can get at their yearly $1 sale?  It seems like a big hassle to go the Old Navy route because you can only get 10 per person at the sale, so I would have to enlist some help in the purchasing.  Dollar tree gives you a case of 12 for $12, and gives you a mix of sizes.  

PS: Not looking for a discussion on whether or not to get the flip flops (I've seen a lot of mean naysayers on here).  My wedding is out in the hot desert, and I know if I were going to my wedding and there were flip-flops at the dance floor I would be super stoked.  =)
    I imagine if they're only for a few hours at a reception, the difference in quality probably isn't that important.  Maybe have extras in case they don't even hold up a few hours.  Maybe get a tester pair a wear them around the house for a while to see.

When you say your wedding is in the "hot desert," do you mean people will be outside in the heat during the reception??
  • I've not bought the Dollar Tree flip flops, but going by the quality of other things they sell, I'd say go for the Old Navy ones. 

And I won't tell you not to do it, but I've seen the buckets of flip flops at a few weddings and they don't get used a whole ton. When you say your wedding is in the desert, are you meaning it will be outside on the sand? Or inside but in a desert city? If its inside, it doesn't really matter where the venue is geographically located since everything should be temperature controlled. If it's outside in the sand, people will probably wear the appropriate shoes (and that's definitely something to let guests know!). If you've got room in your budget and your heart is set on having them, go for it. But if your budget is tight, this might be something you could wait on to see if you've got the wiggle room. 
  • Good point.  The wedding is outdoors just outside of Joshua Tree. So the wedding will be as the sun is going down, so the temps will be fine for the reception, but if your feet are hot from the day, I thought it would be nice to throw on some flip flops for the evening. 
  • I've not bought the Dollar Tree flip flops, but going by the quality of other things they sell, I'd say go for the Old Navy ones. 

And I won't tell you not to do it, but I've seen the buckets of flip flops at a few weddings and they don't get used a whole ton. When you say your wedding is in the desert, are you meaning it will be outside on the sand? Or inside but in a desert city? If its inside, it doesn't really matter where the venue is geographically located since everything should be temperature controlled. If it's outside in the sand, people will probably wear the appropriate shoes (and that's definitely something to let guests know!). If you've got room in your budget and your heart is set on having them, go for it. But if your budget is tight, this might be something you could wait on to see if you've got the wiggle room. 

This exactly. I've never NOT seen lot of leftover flip flops at weddings that had them. And if I wear heels to a wedding, I ALWAYS have a pair of flats in the car for later when my hips hurt.

But, like Ahoywedding said, if you really feel like you need to have these, go for it.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • We did flip flips and had maybe 10% left over? A TON of people took them. But I also didn't have enough for everyone. 

That said I used a wholesaler through Amazon and paid (I think) ~.79/unit. They were really good quality. I still have some left overs that I use for gym showers and they've held up really well. That might be a better option. 
  • What time of year for Joshua Tree? Because if it’s outside a small window of time it absolutely will not be okay to have it out doors, even with the sun down. 

knottie3168793d3be71b82 said:
    Good point.  The wedding is outdoors just outside of Joshua Tree. So the wedding will be as the sun is going down, so the temps will be fine for the reception, but if your feet are hot from the day, I thought it would be nice to throw on some flip flops for the evening. 

• I would go for the old navy option, or like PP said, look for a bulk option. I buy t-shirts with my company logo on them for around $3/each from Staples. You could probably get solid color flip flops through a tchotchke dealer for cheaper than $1/each. (Also, ON used to do $1/pair online, so you could get around the 10/pp thing. Is that gone?)

We did these also, and people were really excited about them. We wound up with about 15-20% left over. A local women's shelter was more than happy to take a donation of the extra pairs for shower shoes, so I was fine with having extra.
  • I went to a wedding where flip flops were given out and thought it was a great idea especially after wearing heels all afternoon! I would go the Old Navy route personally because their quality/comfort is better. 
  • The Dollar Tree flip flops can't possibly be as good of quality. In my experience, most items from the Dollar Tree are priced that way for a reason. It may be a hassle, but if the money isn't an issue I'd go the Old Navy route. Or maybe even search for some deals on Amazon.