Wedding Woes

Thursday

DH got up just after 4am and I never really went back to sleep.  I had to be up early to take the kiddo to school (he has to be there early to take the bus to the career center).  He's taking his driver's test tomorrow, so hopefully getting to school to catch the bus will be HIS problem from now on.  ;) 

I am drinking my coffee very slowly and hoping that means it will last longer.  Ha. 

Anyone else following the Golden State Killer news?  My Favorite Murder (who are very close to Patton Oswalt and were very close to his late wife) threw together a special episode yesterday and I can't wait to hear it.  

Prudie debuted his new look and name with this week's column.  

Re: Thursday

• ... and I forgot my lunch and all of my snacks. Now all I'm thinking about it is food. 
  • ... and I forgot my lunch and all of my snacks. Now all I'm thinking about it is food. 
    The. Worst. 

I'm trying to think of which is worst.  The forgotten lunch or the snacks.  I'm thinking the snacks!  Lunch is one meal where I'm assuming a substitute can be easily picked up somewhere.  But snacks are mini-meals to keep you fueled throughout the day.  Hang in there :(.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

I'm trying to think of which is worst.  The forgotten lunch or the snacks.  I'm thinking the snacks!  Lunch is one meal where I'm assuming a substitute can be easily picked up somewhere.  But snacks are mini-meals to keep you fueled throughout the day.  Hang in there :(.
    Definitely the snacks! I'd be eating my mini yogurt and berries right now. 

I'm going to be so hangry in just a few hours. 
  • S&S that happened at my mom's house when I was a teenager! It was an older house and a bird must have gotten in through the chimney. I go in through the front door and see this bird just standing there on the couch! The house had French doors between all the rooms so I closed him in the TV room and my mom and I sat outside and waiting for my stepdad to get home.

It was easier to get out than the squirrel was in my dad's house, though!

Just the thought of crawfish bread is making me want to plan a trip to NOLA. Like, today.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • S&S that happened at my mom's house when I was a teenager! It was an older house and a bird must have gotten in through the chimney. I go in through the front door and see this bird just standing there on the couch! The house had French doors between all the rooms so I closed him in the TV room and my mom and I sat outside and waiting for my stepdad to get home.

It was easier to get out than the squirrel was in my dad's house, though!

Just the thought of crawfish bread is making me want to plan a trip to NOLA. Like, today.

Unfortunately, all the windows had screens, so those were no-gos.  And there wasn't a doorway to the outside from that room.  I would have been trying to chase the bird to go through multiple doorways to get it outside, lol.  Which I think would have been even more difficult.

I recently found crawfish bread in the frozen foods section of the grocery store.  Of course, it's not as awesome as the Jazz Fest crawfish bread.  But it's still pretty good and at least I can conveniently get it year round.

For probably most of you who are not familiar with the crawfish bread sold at Jazz Fest, it is a bread that is stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and seasoned crawfish.  It is incredibly delicious.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used to get birds in my parents house frequently.  We had a wood burning stove in the basement, so when it was not in use we would get birds in there.  It would take a while to get them out!  Once our choc lab Hershey was lounging at the landing to our split level house at the front door.  She never really cared about the birds.  But one time we were trying to get the bird out and it flew up the steps to go out the front door.  For some reason, we didn't have the storm door open yet.  The bird flew right into the door and landed at Hershey's paw.  She plopped a paw on top of the bird so it wouldn't go anywhere, someone ran and opened the door, Hershey moved her paw and off the bird went! 

Last night was good.  DD was her crazy happy self.  The stew I made in the IP was awesome and I got Amazon deliveries galore!  LOL!

Today is my last day of work for the week.  My uncle, who I spoke of having advanced cancer, passed on Monday.  His funeral is tomorrow.  My aunt wants me to do a reading and I hope I can hold it together.  Just another reminder to everyone to not ignore symptoms.  My uncle avoided getting his stomach pains looked at for too long.  Looking at the positive, he is no longer in any pain.

• @OliveOilsMom, Hershey puts Nip to shame, lol, smh.  I'm sorry to hear uncle passed.  My condolences to you and your family.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been following this and it's crazy @mrsconn23; I've wanted to listen to her book, but I was worried about listening to it without it being "solved" because it would keep me up at night. [side note: I love mysteries and psychological thrillers, but I'm also a terrible sleeper and these scare the shit out of me and keep me up at night. It's hard being me] But now I feel like I can listen because I'll know they caught him. 

Don't watch "Open house" - it's on netflix and more of a psychological thriller {which is why I can watch it} but the ending is infuriating. We watched in the winter and I'm still mad about it. {as is the internet}
  • I've been following this and it's crazy @mrsconn23; I've wanted to listen to her book, but I was worried about listening to it without it being "solved" because it would keep me up at night. [side note: I love mysteries and psychological thrillers, but I'm also a terrible sleeper and these scare the shit out of me and keep me up at night. It's hard being me] But now I feel like I can listen because I'll know they caught him. 

Don't watch "Open house" - it's on netflix and more of a psychological thriller {which is why I can watch it} but the ending is infuriating. We watched in the winter and I'm still mad about it. {as is the internet}
    Thanks for the heads up! I have a narrow window of thrillers that I can watch. I'm intrigued by true crime, but it also sticks with me for a while. It frustrates H a lot because I love these types of books, but then I wake up thinking about them and can't sleep. Then complain that I'm tired.

Thanks for the heads up! I have a narrow window of thrillers that I can watch. I'm intrigued by true crime, but it also sticks with me for a while. It frustrates H a lot because I love these types of books, but then I wake up thinking about them and can't sleep. Then complain that I'm tired.

I love this kind of stuff also and it usually doesn't bother me to watch shows like that before bed.  But then, every once in awhile, one of them will really get to me.  And I have to stay up an extra 30 minutes to watch a Life in Pieces or Modern Family comedy episode before I go to bed, lol.

I'm terrible with books because, if they are especially enthralling, I can't put them down and will stay up WAY too late to see what happens next.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I love this kind of stuff also and it usually doesn't bother me to watch shows like that before bed.  But then, every once in awhile, one of them will really get to me.  And I have to stay up an extra 30 minutes to watch a Life in Pieces or Modern Family comedy episode before I go to bed, lol.

I'm terrible with books because, if they are especially enthralling, I can't put them down and will stay up WAY too late to see what happens next.

In theory, the movie is good. I'm awful with horror movies because I'm 1000% chicken lol I watched "Urban Legends" at a bday party in gr.7, and for 2yrs I would not walk into the bathroom if the shower curtain was closed because the killer hid in there for one scene.
    I now have clear shower curtains ;)

"Open House" is good - keeps you on your toes but not to the point you're scared. Similar to some points of "Stranger Things", they'll lead up to something about to jump out but nothing does.
  • Haven't been able to post much this week, and half expecting not to be able to tomorrow - but next week I can :)

I've been training my replacement this week. She seems nice, but there is a name thing lol - her name is similar to my coworker and mine, so we've had to give her an 'in house' nickname to be less confusing.

Friend of mine who was also expecting had her baby Monday. Bit of complications, but both are doing well and - I expected - it's a boy :) I joked it's a great day to have baby 3 because Kate Middleton and The Rock became parents to their 3rd child as well, and it was my friend's 3rd.

When she comes to visit, we have to take a special photo because M and her have been friends for years. She has a boy and we'll have a girl. It'll just be cute :) lol

OB thinks BabyKitten will be big :| which she said likely accounts for my back issues.
    I've been getting a lot of Braxton Hicks - but not the typically known kind. Just that my stomach tightens up for awhile. No pain, I've had 2 of the painful ones.
    This week has been crazy busy also, and won't slow down until next week.

Sunday - M and his buddy when to range. He was suppose to stay for BBQ, but couldn't as other things needed to be done. That's cool, I kinda wanted to rest anyways.

Monday - M signed up for restricted fire arms course, and it started. Warm weather kinda hit my area really quick, so I had to buy sandals. Warm feet = puffy feet.

Tuesday - OB appt, then headed downtown with my mum. It's crazy how it's been 4yrs since my dad passed.
    For the most part I was fine, then I saw a onsie that said "My grampa thinks I'm an amazing girl!" and I started to cry .... tbh I'm a little teary now writing that :(
    M had his course again {it was just 2 days}

Wednesday - M's grandparents came over for dinner. They opted to buy us the bucket seat we needed as a gift, so they wanted to ensure we had it before shower in case we had to replace/return it for whatever reason.
    We're gonna try and see how it attaches to the stroller this weekend. After shower we're setting it up in the car - I know we have at least one big item that we'll have to drop the back seats, plus we still need to clean the car. My coworker is also giving us a seat protector to go under the carseat.

Tonight is last prenatal class - life with baby - and tomorrow we're doing groceries. This weekend we're driving 2hrs for a celebration of life for a friend and I think BBQ on Sunday.

Friday is my last day of work. Mixed feelings.
  • I’m sorry for your loss @OliveOilsMom

Massage today! My mom is meeting me there and getting her own massage and facial, then we’re going out to lunch. 

I fell off the wagon hard this month with shopping, but I’m trying to reign it in for May. I got the ThirdLove bras yesterday. I’m going to try one out today and I’ll let you know how it goes. One of them seems a little small, so I might end up returning it but the other two are nice. Today I get my Sephora shipment in from the 15% off sale. I couldn’t pass up getting $17 off my night oil. And then I bought a perfume I’ve been eyeing for six months. The spending has to stop. 

• @MissKittyDanger, good to see you back!  I noticed your absence and thought you had maybe already gone on maternity leave and had temporarily abandoned us, since you weren't at work, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sorry for your loss @OliveOilsMom. All the good vibes for you and your family. 
  • The coffee didn't help jack shit.  And I'm on the 'deliberately obtuse' line today.  Every single person is all, "I don't like this thing, so you need to change the entire way you choose to do business."  And I have to politely and non-snarkily writeback, "Um, sorry not sorry, but no and here's some word-salad to tell you why." 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    The coffee didn't help jack shit.  And I'm on the 'deliberately obtuse' line today.  Every single person is all, "I don't like this thing, so you need to change the entire way you choose to do business."  And I have to politely and non-snarkily writeback, "Um, sorry not sorry, but no and here's some word-salad to tell you why." 
    If you're anything like me, I bet the bolded is the hardest part ;).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry to hear about your uncle's passing @oliveoilsmom. GL on the reading.
    @misskittydanger, boo training but YAY maternity leave!

I am kiiiinda following the golden state killer story, but kinda not.  How was he found out?

I checked into our upcoming cruise (into Canada!) and then asked my parents what their cabin was (we're doing a trip together), and found out they're in the room next to us.  Of course they are.  Did your travel agent think we wanted that? I told H no vocal sex I guess. He goes "lol but that's you....."
    Dammit.  He's right.

• mrsconn23 said:
    The coffee didn't help jack shit.  And I'm on the 'deliberately obtuse' line today.  Every single person is all, "I don't like this thing, so you need to change the entire way you choose to do business."  And I have to politely and non-snarkily writeback, "Um, sorry not sorry, but no and here's some word-salad to tell you why." 
    If you're anything like me, I bet the bolded is the hardest part ;).
    Oh it's so hard, especially when people think they're experts about my company and industry.  Or people who are all, "I've never had to pay for this before!" I always go into their account and say, "Why yes, you did pay for this on this date and for this thing." (with a silent BAZINGA! on the end).  :D 

Also, people who have an impression that we should give our service away for free because of reasons and we're just 'looking out for our bottom line'!  Um, when did you think we went not-for-profit?  I've certainly never been informed of this change and I've been here almost 18 years...sooo...? 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Yesterday I had to call customer service at my bank that holds our car loan. They (for some insane reason) don't do any online statements or communication for auto loans. I expressed some displeasure and exasperation at the this and the woman said "yup, I get it. That's the policy and I don't understand it either". I appreciated that rather than her trying to make something up. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Yesterday I had to call customer service at my bank that holds our car loan. They (for some insane reason) don't do any online statements or communication for auto loans. I expressed some displeasure and exasperation at the this and the woman said "yup, I get it. That's the policy and I don't understand it either". I appreciated that rather than her trying to make something up. 
    I am that way when on the phone with people, but since 99% of what I do is in writing and anyone can see what I am sending out, I have to toe the line.   But yeah, if I'm on the phone with someone and they are complaining about our website or some other aspect of our service that I can understand is frustrating or annoying, I will definitely empathize. 
  • @OliveOilsMom Sorry to hear about your uncle :(
    I'm impressed with how your dog handled the bird! Must have known to be helpful :) 

@levioosa I'm curious about the bras so I'll be following your bra review lol

@short+sassy  I can knot from home - I checked if I could sign in on the weekend. It's just been super busy with training. I don't have the easiest job, and the learning curve is huge. A lot is 'learn as you go' but it's trying to figure out what needs to be taught. A coworker is coming from another office to help new girl though :)

@mrsconn23 lmao word-salad :')

@CharmedPam it's weird training because last time I trained someone was over 10yrs ago when I was waitressing lol I feel like I suck at training lmao
  • @OliveOilsMom, I'm very sorry for your loss.

I'm waiting for my pain meds to get rid of a migraine, but other than that, today has been nice thus far.
  • @OliveOilsMom I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. Hugs for you. 
  • @Jen4948, how did your paycheck debacle turn out?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For reference to those not on my insta .... basically me now {this was 4 days ago - I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow lol}