Attire & Accessories Forum

Please Help Me Decide On My Custom Dress!!!!

tjwatleytjwatley member
First Comment
I need your help! I am going to visit my MOH in Vietnam and I decided to have my dress custom made at the same store she made her beautiful dress for a fraction of the price. I know I love sweetheart necklines. I've narrowed it down to my favorite tops and bottoms! Can you tell me which ones you like best? I'm going to decide if I want lace once I see the lace that they have.

Re: Please Help Me Decide On My Custom Dress!!!!

• 3F is my vote! Simple, but unique.
  • Have you tried dresses on?  I would probably try on similar silhouettes to the ones you have posted to see if you actually like them on your body.  Nothing worse then picking something and then hating what it looks like on you.  Plus you need to think about the style wedding you are going for because you don't want to design a super formal gown if you are having a more casual garden style wedding.

With that said I kind of like the idea of 6B.  A mix of structure and light/airy.
  • 1 or 6 with B. 

But I agree with PP; have you tried anything on yet? That's likely to change how you feel about silhouettes. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I like 2 or 7 with D or E.  I don’t really like cleavage in a wedding dress (I could be totally biased, I barely have any) and I also like a more sleek bottom.  
    That said, when you get to the store, try on some different styles to see what looks best on your body (“fraction of the price” may mean lower quality, so if you need a dress with good structure, see what looks good) and what makes you happiest.
  • Your best bet is to try on some necklines with that style because some may look and feel better than others on you.  5 would be my choice with any of the bottoms from the perspective of easiest to wear and add an optional "I'm tired of yanking at this thing" at 8PM stay-on strap...
  • Thank you ladies! I haven't tried on these exact styles, but I have tried on variations of these silhouettes. I think the challenge is I can't decide if I want sleek, classic or romantic!
  • Forget that - when you look in the mirror what makes you say "I'd marry me looking like this!" ... and at your 50th Wedding Anniversary, a dress you still will marvel at how great you looked and felt wearing!
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I like top 5 and bottoms A, B or F.
  • For sleeker, I think 2D would be lovely.

For fuller, 5A would be great.  But that's the same silhouette of my own gown.  So, it's hard not to be biased, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 2E for me.

• I like 7D.