Chit Chat
Options

RSVP chuckles

Invited pretty much every tiny stem of the family tree to my wedding because we had the room. 
We had a few people not get back to us (as expected) we've tried calling/texting/emailing and no reply. 
Tonight my 2nd cousin messages me saying "Can Roy and Abby come? What about Sally and Sammy" I just had to laugh. 
"Yes, they were invited. We've been calling them wondering if they would make it" 
Found it funny 12 days before the wedding  

Re: RSVP chuckles

• Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Perhaps they never received their invitation? Did you follow up with any of these people?
  • Options
    MobKaz said:
    Perhaps they never received their invitation? Did you follow up with any of these people?
    She said she had been calling them to follow up. Unfortunately, not everyone knows they need to respond to requests for RSVPs!
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    MobKaz said:
    She said she had been calling them to follow up. Unfortunately, not everyone knows they need to respond to requests for RSVPs!
    I understand they were invited.  I just wondered if OP knew whether they actually received the invitation.  We, as well as most party planners, had to chase down several RSVP’s.  One was from the best man!  However, in one situation, the invitation never reached the guest.  

When OP mentioned that a relative asked on behalf of someone else, it made me think that perhaps this was a case of a lost invitation.  RSVP follow up is the bane of my existence!
  • Options
    @MobKaz, I agree I hate RSVP follow up too, but OP called and had been trying to find out if they were coming. She can't make them respond to her.