Wedding Woes
Options

Friday

2»

Re: Friday

• Options
    When I got into work, I was faced with the possibility of a huge job ahead of me, but I just got the confirmation that I don't have to do the work for it.

phew.  Because I was planning vacations and I hate being pulled away from that.

• Options
    @ShesSoCold My MIL cleans houses for a living and my FIL owns a window washing business. They like being their own bosses and essentially setting their own schedule. My MIL has developed such a good reputation that when she tried to raise her rate to get some clients to drop off, they just agree to pay it. They work hard, make a good living and get to play hard as a result.
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 I'm so sorry to hear about that poor girl.  Ugh, every school shooting sends panic through me for my H.  I can't even imagine being a parent.

I hate Spirit, and always swear I'll never fly them again, but here I am 30 minutes later and they can't get my TSA Precheck on my boarding pass.  He recommends I visit the ticket counter.  A Spirit Ticket Counter.  On a Holiday weekend.  No Thanks!

@banana468 Glad you're on the mend!

@short+sassy I'm leaving a beautiful Michigan weekend for the same storm.  Womp womp.

@charlotte989875 Good luck with the race and offer!

I wrote a bunch more and got booted and forgot what it was:(.  Not my day today!
  • Options
    Informal offer came in. It was all right, but much lower than I expected. I asked for more. He is asking. So we wait. 
    That's how I got where I was today....albeit not through the company but through the staffing agency.  Staffing agency offered me the job with $___.  It was less than what I was making! (or the same....either way not worth it to move).  I said no, I need $___. and they magically came up with the money (they just wanted to take more of the share than what my company was paying them for me, I know how they work!).  It's a good thing I fought for that because I ended up being a temp for 13 goddamn months (instead of 3)!

So here's hoping they can "magically" come up with that money for you too. 

• Options
    Informal offer came in. It was all right, but much lower than I expected. I asked for more. He is asking. So we wait. 
    That's how I got where I was today....albeit not through the company but through the staffing agency.  Staffing agency offered me the job with $___.  It was less than what I was making! (or the same....either way not worth it to move).  I said no, I need $___. and they magically came up with the money (they just wanted to take more of the share than what my company was paying them for me, I know how they work!).  It's a good thing I fought for that because I ended up being a temp for 13 goddamn months (instead of 3)!

So here's hoping they can "magically" come up with that money for you too. 
    Thanks; I really want to take this job, but the offer was more than 10k less than I'm making with the two jobs combined. I know I'll have to take a pay cut going from two jobs to one, but I can't do that much. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2018
    Fingers crossed they can get to the right number, @charlotte989875.
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 I'm so sorry to hear about that poor girl.  Ugh, every school shooting sends panic through me for my H.  I can't even imagine being a parent.

I hate Spirit, and always swear I'll never fly them again, but here I am 30 minutes later and they can't get my TSA Precheck on my boarding pass.  He recommends I visit the ticket counter.  A Spirit Ticket Counter.  On a Holiday weekend.  No Thanks!

@short+sassy I'm leaving a beautiful Michigan weekend for the same storm.  Womp womp.

I wrote a bunch more and got booted and forgot what it was:(.  Not my day today!
    How is THAT for irony.  I'm not sure one can argue very often that MI weather is much better than FL's, lol.  This storm obviously doesn't understand that tons of people go to FL for Memorial Day weekend and it is ruining everyone's mojo.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

How is THAT for irony.  I'm not sure one can argue very often that MI weather is much better than FL's, lol.  This storm obviously doesn't understand that tons of people go to FL for Memorial Day weekend and it is ruining everyone's mojo.
    Right?!  Not cool mama nature!
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:

My H just saw on the news there was an active shooter at a Middle School in our school district. One person injured that is known so far. Way too close to home and a freaking middle schooler?!?

My friend texted me about that.  I'm just at a loss.  I graduated from the district. 
    I was hoping it was one of those situations were a kid brings a gun to school to show friends as opposed to an actual planned shooting. 
    One injury is reported.  My co-worker's nephew goes there and she can't get a hold of her sister/BIL.  
    Shit. It never stops.
  • Options
    Yeah, that shooting, I just can't. We have friends that have kids in that district and who teach in the district. I've been doing yard work this morning and came inside to start getting the guest room ready for company this weekend when I saw the news. It has got to stop!

We are having our usual race weekend company. We also have another couple coming for the first time. I don't go to the race. I normally just hangout with a friend at her lake house but this year I'm staying at home.

Have a good weekend everyone.
  • Options
    My big client (from another city) is driving me a little crazy.  In addition to a million changes he needed yesterday they told me today "So you're aware our clients are almost all automotive, so let's...."  Um, welcome to Detroit bro, everything here is all automotive.  We got this.
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    Good luck with your negotiations, @charlotte989875.

Thanks @CharmedPam!
  • Options
    Another school shooting is just....I can’t.  

I hope your migraine gets better @Jen4948

Have fun this weekend @ShesSoCold!

@charlotte989875 fingers crossed they respond with an offer you want/can take!

I’m hoping to channel your cleaning motivation @6fsn. We have people coming over tomorrow and man is it a mess in here. Currently I have zero motivation to clean, and I really just want to do homework and study. 

I finished my hike yesterday! 16 miles (the internet is a filthy liar who said it was only 10) and an elevation gain of 3,000 feet in just under 4 hours. But I made it! I’m so sore today, I might not have legs anymore. 

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    levioosa said:
    Another school shooting is just....I can’t.  

I hope your migraine gets better @Jen4948

Have fun this weekend @ShesSoCold!

@charlotte989875 fingers crossed they respond with an offer you want/can take!

I’m hoping to channel your cleaning motivation @6fsn. We have people coming over tomorrow and man is it a mess in here. Currently I have zero motivation to clean, and I really just want to do homework and study. 

I finished my hike yesterday! 16 miles (the internet is a filthy liar who said it was only 10) and an elevation gain of 3,000 feet in jus@levioosa r 4 hours. But I made it! I’m so sore today, I might not have legs anymore. 

Thanks @levioosa!