New York-Long Island

Sand Castle Caterers

Hello my name is Roxanna and am just starting to plan our wedding, we're looking at August 20, 2011. does anyone know anything about Sand Castle Caterers?

A friend of mine told me about it since her brother and fiancee are getting married there in Feb '11. but i'd love to hear from people who have booked their wedding there or have attended a party or wedding there.

TIA

Re: Sand Castle Caterers

• edited December 2011
    Hi,

Sorry; haven't heard too much about them.  But they're supposed to throw an amazing wedding.  It's pricey though; i believe they only host one event at a time...but you get a free honeymoon to greece (or atleast they used to).
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • AmandalovesAlAmandalovesAl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a friend that worked their in high school, so I have been inside a bunch of times.  It's pretty, a little over the top, but my issues are that:

1. No outdoor space
    2. Your right on Franklin Avenue and across the street from a Pathmark, so the window curtains are always closed. 
    3. I think it's a bit pricey
    4. I am not 100% sure, but i think they only do one party at a time, so you have to have a lot of people to fill the space.  Check the minimums when you go.

Good luck!
    imageimageVacation Till our honeymoon!!!
  • RoxyV111582RoxyV111582 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you ladies for the responses i will definitely take those things into consideration!

happy planning!
  • AmandalovesAlAmandalovesAl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! U 2! Let me know how it goes!
    imageimageVacation Till our honeymoon!!!
  • MNMC1228MNMC1228 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Maid of Honor had her reception there.  The place is gorgeous and the food was in large quantities and was delicious!! I've always loved Sand Castle.  I've had my sixth grade dance there as well as my best friend's sweet 16.  The only bad thing I find about them is the price! But you pay for what you get! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards