Wedding Woes

Thirsty Thursday!!

2»

Re: Thirsty Thursday!!

• LOL S&S, for $1500, I'd be trying to deal with it too. 

And actually, come to think of it, we kind of did. H's old truck had the same problem and he just removed whatever it was, rather than fix it. But he takes his work van home every day and we had my car so we only used the truck rarely or when the dog needed to go somewhere. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Hell no on no AC. Our old car was black on black and even with windows down, it was brutal. Uhn uh. No way. AC is getting recharged, fixed, whatever. 

@CharmedPam
    Self.... stirring... mugs? What???? << heads to Google >>

Not much going on in my world but my baby started crawling- just shy of 11 months old. So that's... fun.

• banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    Oh I love you @short+sassy but I'm going with the peanut gallery that having AC in the car is not an option.    I was the driver of friends 10 years ago to shuttle from a wedding to reception (wife of a groomsman has other duties!) and on THAT DAY the AC broke and it was in the 90s.   

Windows. Schmindows. We were hot and wearing our dress clothes that stuck to us, dudes were in ties and my hair was a mess.   On other days you can get the thighstick.  Nope nope nope.  Also, when it gets too hot DD gets overheated and the rubber floor mats get rinsed.  NOPE. 

All right, Peanut Gallery, I'll admit when I'm wrong :).

Though I remember when I didn't have a/c that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  It would be hot running errands.  But, on the highway driving 65 MPH, lots of wind to cool things down.

Probably not terrible on a shorts and T shirt kind of day in the front.   But it sucks when you're in the back or the car is crowded.

My mom hated AC and it broke in her car and she refused to fix it.   My brother and I hated driving with her because it was just so gross in there.  And she didn't drive fast enough to make it cool.

Plus as they say, it's not the heat - it's the HUMIDITY!

Humidity makes the "feels like" temperature higher.  But I'm going to take the liberty of speaking for Arizonians and say, "100 degrees is still 100 degrees." lol.

And while people generally associate humidity with heat.  It's humid in the winter also.  Which makes everything not just cold.  But cold and wet.  I had an ex describe it as, "Winter in New Orleans is like being wrapped in a cold, wet blanket."

However, we still rarely drop below freezing, so I can't complain too hard.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hell no on no AC. Our old car was black on black and even with windows down, it was brutal. Uhn uh. No way. AC is getting recharged, fixed, whatever. 

@CharmedPam

Not much going on in my world but my baby started crawling- just shy of 11 months old. So that's... fun.

Yay crawling!

I just Googled it myself.  Even though I knew this was not going to be the case, I was totally picturing a Harry Potter-esque scene where my coffee mug is sitting on my desk and one of those little wood stirrers is magically spinning in a leisurely circle.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

@CharmedPam

Yay crawling!

I just Googled it myself.  Even though I knew this was not going to be the case, I was totally picturing a Harry Potter-esque scene where my coffee mug is sitting on my desk and one of those little wood stirrers is magically spinning in a leisurely circle.

I saw one of those mugs on one of those Buzzfeed shopping lists. I think I added it to an Amazon wishlist at one point. It looked awesome!
  • So far, it's working for me and cutting down on straw waste! I used to use a stir stick.  And it even passed the dishwasher test!

LOL @short+sassy, I thought of that too when I heard of it.   Alas, it's a motor at the bottom of the cup.  That's all.  Genius really. 

• I have survived today and just now making it to TK!  There is a deposition tomorrow, so I was busy working overtime to prep the attorney for that.  Didn't help that the last 587 documents he needed to look at were here in the office and he didn't get here until 9:30!  But he has everything!

During a little lull at lunchtime, I hopped on Amazon and bought a new grill! LOL!  Ours has been without one burner lately and H has been investigating a fix.  Well, after cleaning everything and moving burners around to test if its the burner or something more.  It's something more.  The something more fix was $60, which is about a third of what we paid for the grille in 2015.  Also, that might not have worked!  So we just bit the bullet and got a new one.  We aren't putting up with crap grills anymore, so we went with a Weber!  It looks huge, cost a bunch and will be glorious! LOL!  Thankfully we have 24 months to pay it off, interest free.

Tonight we are going out for dinner. 

• banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    Oh I love you @short+sassy but I'm going with the peanut gallery that having AC in the car is not an option.    I was the driver of friends 10 years ago to shuttle from a wedding to reception (wife of a groomsman has other duties!) and on THAT DAY the AC broke and it was in the 90s.   

Windows. Schmindows. We were hot and wearing our dress clothes that stuck to us, dudes were in ties and my hair was a mess.   On other days you can get the thighstick.  Nope nope nope.  Also, when it gets too hot DD gets overheated and the rubber floor mats get rinsed.  NOPE. 

All right, Peanut Gallery, I'll admit when I'm wrong :).

Though I remember when I didn't have a/c that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  It would be hot running errands.  But, on the highway driving 65 MPH, lots of wind to cool things down.

Probably not terrible on a shorts and T shirt kind of day in the front.   But it sucks when you're in the back or the car is crowded.

My mom hated AC and it broke in her car and she refused to fix it.   My brother and I hated driving with her because it was just so gross in there.  And she didn't drive fast enough to make it cool.

Plus as they say, it's not the heat - it's the HUMIDITY!

Humidity makes the "feels like" temperature higher.  But I'm going to take the liberty of speaking for Arizonians and say, "100 degrees is still 100 degrees." lol.

And while people generally associate humidity with heat.  It's humid in the winter also.  Which makes everything not just cold.  But cold and wet.  I had an ex describe it as, "Winter in New Orleans is like being wrapped in a cold, wet blanket."

However, we still rarely drop below freezing, so I can't complain too hard.

Yeah, the issue with high humidity is that places like here on the CT shore when it drops to 70s at night but with high humidity that's still reallllly sticky.  In other places with lower humidity it's not bad sleeping weather. 

And you're right.   It's also what makes our springs f*cking cold.   April was not warm and there's a lot of wool wearing because it was in the upper 40's or lower 50's but wet. 
  • Thanks to you guys, I researched the new Bronco they're coming out with in 2020. For some reason, as a kid, I LOVED Broncos and this new one sounds like it has a lot of what I want.

Oddly enough, H is against me leasing a Buick Envision or the new Cadillac XT4 until it comes out. :( 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Thanks to you guys, I researched the new Bronco they're coming out with in 2020. For some reason, as a kid, I LOVED Broncos and this new one sounds like it has a lot of what I want.

Oddly enough, H is against me leasing a Buick Envision or the new Cadillac XT4 until it comes out. :( 

Now that there is love lost between me and my convertible MINI Cooper.  I've been emotionally cheating on her and eying other cars.  With my extended warranty about to take effect, I don't think I'll be leaving her.  But jic.

The convertible Buick Cascada is a sexy car!  And I thought their commercials last year were great.  Where a friend is looking for their buddy in a "Buick".  And is looking all over the place for some "grandma" car.  And when they finally see their Buick friend, the note of admiration and incredulity in their voice saying, "This is a Buick?!?"

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Now that there is love lost between me and my convertible MINI Cooper.  I've been emotionally cheating on her and eying other cars.  With my extended warranty about to take effect, I don't think I'll be leaving her.  But jic.

The convertible Buick Cascada is a sexy car!  And I thought their commercials last year were great.  Where a friend is looking for their buddy in a "Buick".  And is looking all over the place for some "grandma" car.  And when they finally see their Buick friend, the note of admiration and incredulity in their voice saying, "This is a Buick?!?"

LOL I loved those commercials! My sister has a Buick Verano and more than once someone has been like, "Uhh, you have a Buick...?" like, wanting to say, "Um, you're 34, not 84". But it's a great little car! 

Yeah those Cascadas are really attractive. I don't see many, but I notice every one that I do see. I sunburn in like 4 minutes so I have no interest in a convertible, but if I did, I'd totally be looking into it. 

Since we're planning to move to mountains, I want a Wrangler or truck or something like that, but if we were staying here, I'd seriously be considering a Regal or an Envision. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

$310 later I have ordered 3 new booster seats and all of 6let's uniforms.  If I lump it all together I won't feel bad about how much the uniforms were.  $10 socks my ass.

I totally thought of those commercials when we recently bought a Buick! We have a 2017 Regal. I love it. It looks sleek and totally appropriate for us 30-somethings. 

• I also started looking at cars this morning. I won't get one, but man is it nice to dream. 

• levioosa said:
    I also started looking at cars this morning. I won't get one, but man is it nice to dream

Yeah!  I was also looking at Mazda Miata MX-5s Grand Touring.  Wow!  They do NOT look like a typical Miata at all.   A bit bigger and very sports car looking.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • levioosa said:
    I also started looking at cars this morning. I won't get one, but man is it nice to dream

Yeah!  I was also looking at Mazda Miata MX-5s Grand Touring.  Wow!  They do NOT look like a typical Miata at all.   A bit bigger and very sports car looking.
    I went to Honda and I really liked the HR-V! That might be the one. 

H said I should go to two more dealerships and we can make a decision this weekend!