April 2012 Weddings
Options

Housekeeping announcements

Are housekeeping announcements made after the processionals and then just before the reception, such as where the restroom is, please keep kids with you or at the kids table? 
My fear of doing it first thing is the late ones with kids need it, but they also need it before the end of the ceremony. 

Re: Housekeeping announcements

• Options
    I've never heard of this so I have no clue

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I dont think you need announcements.  I've never heard of such a thing.

Parents know how to be parents- they will keep their kids close/at the kids table without you telling them.  People tend to be able to find bathrooms.  If it's that hard to find, put up a sign somewhere.

I guess if you are really worried, put an insert in your program?  But I think its unnecessary
  • Options
    I've never heard of this either. It sounds strange to announce where the restrooms are, if you ask me.
  • Options
    Yeah I have never heard of this either. You could put up signs pointing to the restroom if your venue is confusing. Also, I have seen signs that say "Please silence your cell phones" and "No flash photography" but you could just put these things in the program as well. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    We have to make one announcement after our ceremony is over, directing people out back to enjoy appetizers while the ballroom staff flips the room for the reception (since it's all in the same place).  He is going to introduce us as husband and wife and then make his announcement before we leave the room, since we figure that most of our guests willl take their cue to leave after the recessional.  This is a requirement by our venue that we do this (and it will direct everyone, since it's not a super common thing to have the ceremony and reception in the same room).

But that's the only announcement we are making.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    The only announcement we have is regarding the receiving line that will be right after the ceremony.
  • Options
    I agree with PP, I haven't heard of this.  If you think it is neccessary it is up to you, but generally I feel parents should know to control their children and people can ask a server where a restroo is if needed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards