Wedding Woes

What day is it?

H and his teacher friends refer to summer as Juneish. As in:
What day is it?
-I dunno, Juneish. 

I have never understood that as much as I do now that I don’t have a regular M-F job!

I am fairly confident it’s Wednesday however, and I’m working a half day from home then the BFF/Boss and I are going out boozing since we work everyday of the traditional weekend. 

My my newest pet peeve:  clients who would like to meet on a specific day/time. I’ve had a slurry of those lately (two clients are repeat offenders) and it’s met more often than not with, I’m sorry but I’ll be out of the office on an event that day, how about x or y?  I had a client request a noon meeting same day. Sorry, no can do, as I’ve explained, I’ll be with you all day for your event, and as such, I do the same for all of my clients. 

Vent over!  Hope everyone else is doing well!

Re: What day is it?

• I'm in the process of purging all the clothes I have not worn for 2 years. I need to donate them as they are just taking up space.

I have never been to Container Store until recently and holy smokes. I now have an ongoing project of organizing our closets and pantries and it's giving me all the feels.
  • lol I think that client wanted to take your "lunch" time from you.  "oh you're busy all day?  Bet you carved out 12 - 1 on that day, why not make a phone call?" @kimmiinthemitten.

I'm just tired AF and am going to do my minimal today.  I was up at 1:30 I think? 1:30 a.m. - 4:00 a.m. and then back down till 6:30 this morning.  I crashed at 9:30 or something last night though.  My sleep is off.

• kvruns said:
    Container store is fun to look at and then I also think why the f do you need a container for every single item in the house! And why do they all cost so much? I think it would be nice to have a super organized pantry though.

I thought the title "what day is it" was to spur someone to say Hump Daaaay like that camel LOL

It's funny how life's priorities change as one grows older.  My younger version of "I know I've made it when..." was a new Corvette in the driveway and buying designer purses/shoes without even sweating it.

But now?  I'll know I've made it when I can build a custom kitchen without fainting from the price.  With all the bells and whistles.  Including kitchen cabinet organizers that I currently think of as, "WTF?!?  Why is a little bit of steel over $100/each.  That's insane!"

Or spending thousands on one of those closet systems, where a salesperson has to come out to your home and discuss design and options, lol.

And a wine fridge.  I would barely use a wine fridge, lol.  But I want one anyway.  They themselves aren't that expensive, but I'd need a huge kitchen to justify the space they would take up.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2018
    All I know is that it feels like it should be fucking Friday and it's not.  

I'm tired and cranky.  I've been out of my 'routine' for weeks and it's got me holding on by a thread. 

DH's friend who's staying with us hasn't been overtly obnoxious, but he's just so weird that his presence makes me edgy.  He's always been a strange guy and I think DH can only put up with him because he lives in CA and DH doesn't spend much one on one time with him.  They mostly text and talk on the phone like once a month.  DH is aware that he's pushing my limits and that helps.  I only agreed to this visit because it had been close to a decade since he's come out and stayed with us (the last time he was in town for a time our house was on the market and it was a hearty "fuck no!") and it's likely to not come up again since his son is now an adult.  

But with all that said, I'm ridiculously done with this week.  At least they're going to be out of the house tonight and tomorrow, I'm going to the concert with my sisters.  And hopefully, his friend will leave Friday or early Saturday morning.  DH thinks I'm kidding, but if he's here past the weekend, I'm charging rent. 
  • kvruns said:
    Container store is fun to look at and then I also think why the f do you need a container for every single item in the house! And why do they all cost so much? I think it would be nice to have a super organized pantry though.

I thought the title "what day is it" was to spur someone to say Hump Daaaay like that camel LOL

It's funny how life's priorities change as one grows older.  My younger version of "I know I've made it when..." was a new Corvette in the driveway and buying designer purses/shoes without even sweating it.

But now?  I'll know I've made it when I can build a custom kitchen without fainting from the price.  With all the bells and whistles.  Including kitchen cabinet organizers that I currently think of as, "WTF?!?  Why is a little bit of steel over $100/each.  That's insane!"

Or spending thousands on one of those closet systems, where a salesperson has to come out to your home and discuss design and options, lol.

And a wine fridge.  I would barely use a wine fridge, lol.  But I want one anyway.  They themselves aren't that expensive, but I'd need a huge kitchen to justify the space they would take up.

One can dream - there is an IKEA right down the road from my job and I have wasted many lunch breaks there thinking about what my closet should look like. I think there is a thing as too much organization, but it's definitely easy on the eyes to have everything nice and tidy.

In regards to the bolded: we got an awesome one from C & B. It's super slender and it fits right on our mini fridge that holds our water: https://www.crateandbarrel.com/cuisinart-8-bottle-wine-cooler/s467157
  • lol I think that client wanted to take your "lunch" time from you.  "oh you're busy all day?  Bet you carved out 12 - 1 on that day, why not make a phone call?" @kimmiinthemitten.

I'm just tired AF and am going to do my minimal today.  I was up at 1:30 I think? 1:30 a.m. - 4:00 a.m. and then back down till 6:30 this morning.  I crashed at 9:30 or something last night though.  My sleep is off.
    Oh no, she wanted to bring her FI in to tour the venue. So if she thought I got a lunch break (nope), she gave zero effs about it lol. 
  • I am SO TIRED. I'm getting sleep so I'm wondering if it's my lack of coffee. I might have to get an iced coffee today at some point. 

I've never been to the Container Store and I won't let myself go. I can't even control myself in the home organization area of Walmart. I'd spend $1,000 without even thinking. 

H's paperweight motorcycle insurance is up again. It doesn't run and it hasn't run for quite some time, but he won't let me reduce the coverage on it. For $225 a year savings, he might just have to get over that. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @ShesSoCold I read through yesterday's post and had to go to CC to see for myself.  Wow.  She not only asks for opinions on every detail, she also seems to not actually want them at the same time.  
  • @ShesSoCold I read through yesterday's post and had to go to CC to see for myself.  Wow.  She not only asks for opinions on every detail, she also seems to not actually want them at the same time.  
    Right?! I hate the "I demand answers but only specifically for what I asked for" people.

I have NO IDEA why I remember this but there was another poster years ago who needed our help on every tiny thing. She literally asked us which side of a table to put the salads on.

And those people are especially annoying to me when they don't comment on anything else. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Oh no, she wanted to bring her FI in to tour the venue. So if she thought I got a lunch break (nope), she gave zero effs about it lol. 
    Meh - she probably thinks that your locations are empty on week days and figured she could use her lunch.  Still presumptuous to do it on a couple hours notice. 

I need to get myself in work mode.

Tonight DH goes to trivia so I'm home w/ kiddos.   Hoping for an early bedtime for BOTH.   Between some late nights and poor naps for the youngest he's been a PUNK.   Yesterday he was hitting kids and he bit his teacher - NOT COOL.   I'm not justifying that at all and we obviously don't bite or hit our kids but I also think an almost 4 year old who is sleep deprived turns into a beast.   I'm hoping to get dinner on the table super early so both kids can get the good night of rest that they both need.

Then I'm hoping to sit with a nice glass of bourbon until DH comes home. 
  • My motivation is at an all time low.  Thank goodness I have a daily "to-do" list or I might never achieve anything.

I really have no new news.  I'm in my "you don't see K until Friday" mood, so crappy.  But I'm going to make myself cook tonight.  Hopefully in another day or two, I'll be able to sleep in bed again.  I've been propping myself up on the chaise part of our couch so I can breathe easily.
  • I’m already in a disgruntled mood. I slept terribly last night and Jack is the biggest asshole. Unless FI and I sleep apart he is constantly running over me, trying to eat my hair, slapping me in the face. And he weighs almost 20 lbs. I can’t with him. And then our neighbor started grinding metal or tile at 7 am. Ugh. 

Gym and school today. I’m so ready for SD. 

• I've never been to the Container Store and I won't let myself go. I can't even control myself in the home organization area of Walmart. I'd spend $1,000 without even thinking. 
    When I was growing up, I haaaatttteeddd home stores. I would complain loudly when I was made to go in them because I was a little shit.  

Now, I love them and they make me sad because I don't have an unlimited budget.  Container Store is amazing and if I could just have an Elfa closet, my life would be complete (or so I think, LOL).  ;) 
  • I have actually never heard of nor seen this Container Store that you all speak of.  I Googled and found their website.  I will make sure to wander into one, should I ever have the opportunity.  Though I see what you all mean on the prices.  Fancy shirt boxes for $40!!!

Apparently I still haven't "made it", lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have actually never heard of nor seen this Container Store that you all speak of.  I Googled and found their website.  I will make sure to wander into one, should I ever have the opportunity.  Though I see what you all mean on the prices.  Fancy shirt boxes for $40!!!

Apparently I still haven't "made it", lol.

Ha.  The last time we went there, I did get a box of 72 plastic, but good quality, hangers for $20.  I mean we still spent $80 (I think DH bought a couple things for his office), but you can be 'reasonable' there.  
  • Work, work, and even more work. I’ll send all my new job motivation to those who are lacking it today. And by motivation I mean, fear I’m doing everything wrong. 

Not much new here. We (hopefully) close on the 27, but since H is handling everything I have no idea what is going on. I trust him, he’s so organized and on top of things, but NY is notorious for long, complicated closings (at least in my area) so I’m worried it’s not going to happen. 
  • This conversation has reminded me of these and how badly I want them. They haven't been in stock anywhere (that I know of ) in years.

https://www.qvc.com/Magic-Drawers-20-pc-Clear-Interlocking-Organizing-&-Storage-System.product.V23649.html
  • H and his teacher friends refer to summer as Juneish. As in:
    What day is it?
    -I dunno, Juneish. 

I have never understood that as much as I do now that I don’t have a regular M-F job!

I am fairly confident it’s Wednesday however, and I’m working a half day from home then the BFF/Boss and I are going out boozing since we work everyday of the traditional weekend. 

My my newest pet peeve:  clients who would like to meet on a specific day/time. I’ve had a slurry of those lately (two clients are repeat offenders) and it’s met more often than not with, I’m sorry but I’ll be out of the office on an event that day, how about x or y?  I had a client request a noon meeting same day. Sorry, no can do, as I’ve explained, I’ll be with you all day for your event, and as such, I do the same for all of my clients. 

Vent over!  Hope everyone else is doing well!
    This is me in the summer.  It's either a weekday (DH is at work) or it's the weekend (DH is home).  I generally don't know off the top of my head what day it actually is.  

• I have been having a really difficult time remembering what day it is every since the grand twins were born! I have been going back and forth between Indy and Chicago just about every week so my normal routine has been blown all to hell. Today I was at DD's and remembered I had a hair appointment! Luckily I have been going to the same person for years (she gave DD her first haircut!). I called and apologized and was able to reschedule for next week when I am home for a couple of days. She was very understanding. I know DD won't need me around forever so I am enjoying spending time with her and the boys while I can.

Since I'm back in Indy for a few days, I'll be doing some planning/prepping for a bridal shower DD, another friend and I are giving for a HS friend of DD's. It's always fun when we have showers for her group of HS friends (they've been out of HS for almost 15 years but still maintain contact and see each other whenever possible). 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Enjoy that time with the grandbabies for sure!!
  • I have been having a really difficult time remembering what day it is every since the grand twins were born! I have been going back and forth between Indy and Chicago just about every week so my normal routine has been blown all to hell. Today I was at DD's and remembered I had a hair appointment! Luckily I have been going to the same person for years (she gave DD her first haircut!). I called and apologized and was able to reschedule for next week when I am home for a couple of days. She was very understanding. I know DD won't need me around forever so I am enjoying spending time with her and the boys while I can.

Since I'm back in Indy for a few days, I'll be doing some planning/prepping for a bridal shower DD, another friend and I are giving for a HS friend of DD's. It's always fun when we have showers for her group of HS friends (they've been out of HS for almost 15 years but still maintain contact and see each other whenever possible). 
    I'm going to grab a cup of coffee right now, because when I read DD I thought you were in dunkin donuts when you remembered that you had a hair appointment.  Very weird connection to coffee and haircuts....but whatever works.  Then I picked up on it when you said she gave DD her first haircut :)

• I'm going to grab a cup of coffee right now, because when I read DD I thought you were in dunkin donuts when you remembered that you had a hair appointment.  Very weird connection to coffee and haircuts....but whatever works.  Then I picked up on it when you said she gave DD her first haircut :)
    I love that it really depends on what you're talking about.   And you can't call Dunkin Donuts DnD because then people will think you're talking about Dungeons and Dragons.

I've never seen so many Dunkin Donuts in my life till I moved to South Jersey. They are on every damn corner. I went to a Wholefoods for the first time and they have a really good pastry/baking section. 

H and I grabbed some muffins and donuts they other day and they didn't make it home ha ha
  • I love Dunkin. They have the pistachio iced coffee back (for more than half of my daily weight watchers points, dammit!) and I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

I wonder if Jersey has more than suburban Chicago. The town I grew up in, with about 25,000 people has 4. 

I'm going to grab a cup of coffee right now, because when I read DD I thought you were in dunkin donuts when you remembered that you had a hair appointment.  Very weird connection to coffee and haircuts....but whatever works.  Then I picked up on it when you said she gave DD her first haircut :)
    Haha I don't even think of DD meaning Dunkin' Donuts because they didn't come to Indy until a few years ago! I had to laugh when I read your post! My brain is in such a fog these days. I'm getting ready for a skyped Italian lesson and hope I can actually speak Italian today!
  • Try living in New England.   They're based in MA.   In Providence, RI there's the Dunkin Donuts center and the Hartford, CT Yard Goats (minor league baseball) play at Dunkin Donuts park.

My town is NOT big and we have two Dunkin drive throughs and an additional Dunkin with interior serving but no drive through window.  We use their chocolate donuts as a behavior tool for Chiquito on Sundays in church.   If he's good - donut heads his way.
  • yes to New England, @banana468, we noticed that when we were there.  More DD than starbucks, which I'm OK with.  I had to stop going because they had the girl scout iced coffee's a few months ago and they were SO freaking good I couldn't go there and NOT order one! (tons of sugar, sadly). 

Maybe it's just me that calls Dunkin DD? 

• banana468 said:
    Try living in New England.   They're based in MA.   In Providence, RI there's the Dunkin Donuts center and the Hartford, CT Yard Goats (minor league baseball) play at Dunkin Donuts park.

My town is NOT big and we have two Dunkin drive throughs and an additional Dunkin with interior serving but no drive through window.  We use their chocolate donuts as a behavior tool for Chiquito on Sundays in church.   If he's good - donut heads his way.

We went on a vacation to Boston a couple years ago.  I think the tour guide said something about there are 2500 DDs in the greater Boston area (though my number might be off).

We stayed in the nearby suburb of Revere Beach.  There were two DDs, both within a short, less than 5-minute walk from our AirBnB, lol.  One of them was across the street from the beach.  We had a few mornings where we started our day with coffee and doughnuts or breakfast sandwiches...*cough* sometimes both *cough*...on the beach, watching the water.  It was great!

DDs didn't exist in NOLA until maybe 10-15ish years ago.  And there are only 3-4 in the greater metropolitan area, which has over 1 million people.  Furthermore, NONE of them are in NOLA proper.  They are all in the suburbs.

@ShesSoCold, you may consider this blasphemy, lol, but if you tell them to use non-fat milk and less syrup, that should drastically cut down the WW points. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The bacon, egg and cheese wake up wrap is my new favorite breakfast sandwich from them.   I eat one as my lunch at noon nearly every Sunday and I swear it keeps me going until about 4 o clock.