Wedding Woes

Hump Day!

On Saturday, at my Weight Watchers meeting, I was up 3.2 pounds. Three point fucking two. In one week. 

Today I discovered that the Dunkin Donuts I've been going to daily for iced coffee uses their sweetened vanilla unless you ask for the unsweetened. I've been drinking 12 point coffees every freaking day thinking it was only 2 points. No wonder!!!

Has anyone tried the Captain Jack bottled margaritas? Any good? I'm doing one of those river float things this weekend and need an easy drink.
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Hump Day!

• @ShesSoCold I haven't had those.  My latest go to for float trips has been the Barefoot wine in cans, either the rose or the white wine spritzer they have.  I also had the Truly spiked drink stuff and it was pretty tasty as well. 

Also, IDK where you are, but here in MO you're not allowed to have glass on the river.  The outfitters will take it from you if they see it and you will be ticketed (our water conservation department patrols the rivers frequently).  If not either of those things, you'll be shamed to hell and back by other floaters.  

I'm having some light sensitivity this morning.  I'm trying to get back on track with things.  August is my "return to your life" month with all of my organizations.  I'm looking forward to it and also dreading it.  

My ex just texted me, requesting I finally sign a quit claim deed to the house we purchased together.  Basically, I refused to pay for or do the quit claim deed when he requested (a year after our divorce) and told him to get it together himself.  Right at 1 and a half years later, he's got it ready to go.  *eyeroll*
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2018
    keeping track of calories (points in your case) is seriously SO tough when you eat out! And half the time I don't believe the ones that are posted. lol. That sucks but now you know?

I saw skyscraper last night.  Finally.  Super cheesy movie but I loved it for something I thought I wouldn't.  Neve Campbell's character.  She was a wife that did NOT annoy me.

SSDD here.  First homechef box arriving since I cheated on them and went to blue apron for a round - and then came back with my tail between my legs.  edit for: someone from our corporate office is in town so knotting may be difficult the next two days.  Why do head honchos sit right by me when they come in?

• VarunaTT said:
    @ShesSoCold I haven't had those.  My latest go to for float trips has been the Barefoot wine in cans, either the rose or the white wine spritzer they have.  I also had the Truly spiked drink stuff and it was pretty tasty as well. 

Also, IDK where you are, but here in MO you're not allowed to have glass on the river.  The outfitters will take it from you if they see it and you will be ticketed (our water conservation department patrols the rivers frequently).  If not either of those things, you'll be shamed to hell and back by other floaters.  

I'm having some light sensitivity this morning.  I'm trying to get back on track with things.  August is my "return to your life" month with all of my organizations.  I'm looking forward to it and also dreading it.  

My ex just texted me, requesting I finally sign a quit claim deed to the house we purchased together.  Basically, I refused to pay for or do the quit claim deed when he requested (a year after our divorce) and told him to get it together himself.  Right at 1 and a half years later, he's got it ready to go.  *eyeroll*
    Ooh good thinkin'! I didn't even think of the glass! Thank you!!! 

I'm eyerolling your ex too - a year and a freaking half!?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2018
    I just found out there is an interactive candy museum called "Candytopia" coming to NYC this fall. Now I'm stalking their IG page... yeah..we are definitely going! 

It's gloomy here. Tonight I think I am going to make some fruity pebble rice crispy squares and maybe some puppy chow if I'm feeling up to it. DH has been craving sweets lately. 
  • Not to defend your ex....but my H had to do a quit claim deed on his house too, with his ex wife who wanted off.  It took almost a year for the other side to get their paperwork in order.  Like, no joke it was well over 6 months of feet dragging!  just an fyi.  I'm sure he waited longer than he should have too.  

• I'm eyerolling your ex too - a year and a freaking half!?
    TL;DR: I gave up interest in and moved out of the house because he refused to make any decisions re: our impending divorce and that refusal was directly impacting my ability to move forward.  After that, I got so many e-mails that were basically, "I don't have a job, I don't know what to do, what am I supposed to do..."  I would start writing super long responses, full of ideas, and then delete them and write, "I don't know."  It wasn't my job to take care of him anymore.

I had a friend tell me I had just discovered the line between support and enabling and how fine it really is.  Still sticks with me.
  • So, we went out with friends last night. My friend was bitching about a wedding invitation she just received. The B&G have a TK website so I'll try to be vague in case this person actually lurks. 
    The bride put a dress code on the RSVP card and referred people to the website for more details... and she specifically says the little black dress is a no-go. (She wants flowery, boho stuff.)
    My friend is ticked because basically all she wears are LBDs. 
    They may not go to the wedding anyway (honestly I'm not sure how close they really are to the couple), but come on- don't tell people what to wear! This bride clearly has a vision that extends to what her guests wear. EYE ROLL. 

• The bride put a dress code on the RSVP card and referred people to the website for more details... and she specifically says the little black dress is a no-go. (She wants flowery, boho stuff.)

In my older age, I've gotten to where I let most things slide b/c I just don't give a crap to get upset about things I can't control.  

But I'd find the most anti-boho dress I could find, probably in white, and rock it the hell out.  This would make me mad.  There's just so much wrong in telling people what to wear to this level.
  • So, we went out with friends last night. My friend was bitching about a wedding invitation she just received. The B&G have a TK website so I'll try to be vague in case this person actually lurks. 
    The bride put a dress code on the RSVP card and referred people to the website for more details... and she specifically says the little black dress is a no-go. (She wants flowery, boho stuff.)
    They may not go to the wedding anyway (honestly I'm not sure how close they really are to the couple), but come on- don't tell people what to wear! This bride clearly has a vision that extends to what her guests wear. EYE ROLL. 
    This.  We're going to a wedding and the attire is written as: formal.  I think. I'll have to check again.  We (our small group of lady friends) asked what the men should wear and she said a sports coat (jacket?) is fine.

H doesn't own one.  This is his first "formal" wedding in I don't know how long? ever maybe?  I wish he could get away with a nice dress shirt and slacks.....can he? We also have a wedding in October, but again, nothing he'd buy a sports jacket for....

• I just found out there is an interactive candy museum called "Candytopia" coming to NYC this fall. Now I'm stalking their IG page... yeah..we are definitely going! 

It's gloomy here. Tonight I think I am going to make some fruity pebble rice crispy squares and maybe some puppy chow if I'm feeling up to it. DH has been craving sweets lately. 
    I just made H some fruity pebble cupcakes.  I think he liked them! I can't eat them.

• I wish he could get away with a nice dress shirt and slacks.....can he? 
    I think you could get away with a nice vest, shirt, tie, and slacks for "formal", but no coat and no vest is veering a bit far from it for me.  Having said that, I have noticed my definition of "formal" is far more stiff than lots of other people.  
  • Ugh - I hate attire rules.

@CharmedPam that sounds super confusing because a sport coat isn't really formal.   It's dressy but it isn't "formal".    I think if she specified formal and a sport jacket he needs the jacket and decent pants.   You can probably find a suit for him at MW for not a ton - far less than the $800 bucks DH plunked down for his BM suit two years ago!

As far as any request that's a type of dress I just roll my eyes so hard at that.   Especially as I age I guess I'm more likely to roll my eyes when someone has this "OMG great idea!" and the great idea is only cute to the small circle of friends.   I can laugh imagining the older aunts and uncles also finding their BOHO dresses.  It's not that I feel like upsetting the apple cart but I just feel less and less like playing along that I'm OK with being treated like I'm part of the decorations. 

• NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2018
    So, we went out with friends last night. My friend was bitching about a wedding invitation she just received. The B&G have a TK website so I'll try to be vague in case this person actually lurks. 

**STIB**

I honestly hate the style of everything right now, especially boho.

Everything is too short, too, tight, does not wash well, etc. 

I've taken to shopping at Ann Taylor or Loft pretty. NY & Co. sometimes, their stuff can be a little cheap too 

I can't wait till fall fashion hit the stores.
  • banana468 said:
    Ugh - I hate attire rules.

@CharmedPam that sounds super confusing because a sport coat isn't really formal.   It's dressy but it isn't "formal".    I think if she specified formal and a sport jacket he needs the jacket and decent pants.   You can probably find a suit for him at MW for not a ton - far less than the $800 bucks DH plunked down for his BM suit two years ago!

As far as any request that's a type of dress I just roll my eyes so hard at that.   Especially as I age I guess I'm more likely to roll my eyes when someone has this "OMG great idea!" and the great idea is only cute to the small circle of friends.   I can laugh imagining the older aunts and uncles also finding their BOHO dresses.  It's not that I feel like upsetting the apple cart but I just feel less and less like playing along that I'm OK with being treated like I'm part of the decorations. 

I had a knot webpage and for attire, as a joke, I put "weddingy".  I think most people got my humor but it was a slam to the whole attire category to begin with. 
    Some people came in jeans and a shirt, people came in dresses, some in suit jackets.  It didn't ruin my day what they wore! In the end, I just hope people wore what they were comfortable in.

• banana468 said:
    Ugh - I hate attire rules.

I had a knot webpage and for attire, as a joke, I put "weddingy".  I think most people got my humor but it was a slam to the whole attire category to begin with. 
    Some people came in jeans and a shirt, people came in dresses, some in suit jackets.  It didn't ruin my day what they wore! In the end, I just hope people wore what they were comfortable in.
    I'm just not a boho person so I'd laugh SO hard at a request like this.  I picked up this dress a few weeks ago and it's as boho as I get.  Most of my stuff is pretty tailored and nautical.  What can I say?  I love the New England Coast!  

I feel like you should dress appropriately for the right occasion but what one person feels most comfortable in isn't what another one wants.  I think I own a couple floral blouses max.

• I'm craving baked goods.   I don't think I'm going to have time to do anything until Sunday at the earliest but I think I either want to whip up a batch of fresh blueberry muffins or compost cookies.

I watched one of the Netflix documentary series episodes on chefs and the first person featured was Christina Tosi.   I now want to go to Momofuku Milk Bar and eat all the things. 
  • VarunaTT said:
    I wish he could get away with a nice dress shirt and slacks.....can he? 
    I think you could get away with a nice vest, shirt, tie, and slacks for "formal", but no coat and no vest is veering a bit far from it for me.  Having said that, I have noticed my definition of "formal" is far more stiff than lots of other people.  
    I agree with this. I think the vest will make it more "formal" than just a shirt and tie. 

My H refuses to wear a tie ever again. I told him I'll haunt the shit out of him if he doesn't wear a tie to my funeral but other than that, fine. He wears a suit - tie-less to weddings now. I think you can generally get away with either a jacket or a tie at most weddings nowadays. 

• **STIB**

I honestly hate the style of everything right now, especially boho.

Everything is too short, roo, tight, does not wash well etc. 

I've taken to shopping at Ann Taylor or Loft pretty. NY & Co. sometimes, their stuff can be a little cheap too 

I can't wait till fall fashion hit the stores.
    Ann Taylor / LOFT is my style too! But, in the past few years I've pretty much exclusively bought clothes at White House Black Market (same vibe). 

Nothing I own falls into "boho" category. Nothing. 

The last wedding we went to, formal attire was specified. Judging by the location, I thought an actual black tie event was a possibility (it was close, but not quite), so for the first time in my life-as-wedding-guest I wore a floor length gown and had my hair done. I was irritated because I was one of the few women guests that wore floor-length, and could have gotten away with my usual cocktail attire and regularly-styled nice hair. In the end it was fun to dress up anyway, and it's not like I stood out, but I wondered if the couple specified formal because their families aren't used to getting that gussied up. No one wore jeans, all the men were in jackets and ties. But, that's standard attire for weddings in my circle anyway. << shrug >>

• School today and then I have a dinner date with FSIL and a friend. Friend is kind of bugging me because she is seeing a new guy and she has already said she doesn’t know “how long” she can stand to be away from him and she asked if we could make it a group event. They’ve been together three weeks. Jesus. FSIL is worried about what her FI will do while we’re at dinner and I’m just like for the love of codependency, they’ll all be fine. 

Otherwise, not too much else is going on today. We have a “disaster simulation” at school today that will be both triggering and frustrating. As someone who’s been through a disaster, their grasp of what it entails is terrible. Also, telling me I need to attend to psychosocial needs over medical ones is both wrong and detrimental during a real life event. Which is what happened last time. And also what made me walk out of class. It probably will be the same way this time. Good thing I’m going out for drinks afterwards. I’ll need them. 

This.  We're going to a wedding and the attire is written as: formal.  I think. I'll have to check again.  We (our small group of lady friends) asked what the men should wear and she said a sports coat (jacket?) is fine.

H doesn't own one.  This is his first "formal" wedding in I don't know how long? ever maybe?  I wish he could get away with a nice dress shirt and slacks.....can he? We also have a wedding in October, but again, nothing he'd buy a sports jacket for....
    I think he needs to buy a sports coat for this wedding. 
  • banana468 said:
    I'm craving baked goods.   I don't think I'm going to have time to do anything until Sunday at the earliest but I think I either want to whip up a batch of fresh blueberry muffins or compost cookies.

I watched one of the Netflix documentary series episodes on chefs and the first person featured was Christina Tosi.   I now want to go to Momofuku Milk Bar and eat all the things. 

I went there on my very first trip to NYC!  I had dinner at their restaurant (around the corner) first, which was also highly recommended.  I had pork belly tacos.  It was the first time I'd ever had pork belly.  I never thought something could replace bacon as the pork love of my life.  Sorry bacon.  Move over for pork bellies!

At the Momofuku Milk Bar, I got some frozen custard and a piece of the Crack Pie that everyone raved about.  The frozen custard was amazing.  The pie is really good, I understand why people rave about it.  However, for me personally, it was SO disappointing!  I was expecting this life altering, amazing pie by which all previous and future desserts would be measured by.  It tasted EXACTLY like a particular bar cookie that my mom made growing up.  So there wasn't anything special/different/new about it.  I took my first bite and made a surprised, grouchy face at the pie piece, lol.  And thought, "WTF?!? You taste just like my mom's bar cookies.  I didn't come all the way to NYC to eat a cookie pie I can make at home!  Hmmphh!"

I should sell the "copy cat" recipe online for 5 bucks a pop, lol.

But always free for my TK friends, lol.  I'll dig it up or pick it up from my mom when I go home to visit in a couple weeks and post it for you all.  Despite my bitchiness that it wasn't more unique for me, it is really delicious.  Very rich and very sweet, though.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A boho flowery dress - L-O-L. I'd wearing a tight black dress. 

I'm doing sort of Whole 30. I'm allowing myself a little bit of fruit, and a tiny drop of honey in my tea. But damn, I just want some chocolate right now! 

I'm doing sort of Whole 30. I'm allowing myself a little bit of fruit, and a tiny drop of honey in my tea. But damn, I just want some chocolate right now! 

Is no-sugar-added chocolate a no-no?  It's not quite as good as the real thing, but not too far off.  Should satisfy the craving.  Russell Stover is probably one of the better brands that are easily available at any Rite Aid/Walgreens type place.  They have both bagged candies of various chocolate choices and boxes of chocolate.

I'm pretty sure the only "sugar" it would have is some lactose from the dairy ingredients.

There are also all kinds of those Ensure-type chocolate shakes.  Those usually don't have any/little sugar in them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited July 2018
    A boho flowery dress - L-O-L. I'd wearing a tight black dress. 

Is no-sugar-added chocolate a no-no?  It's not quite as good as the real thing, but not too far off.  Should satisfy the craving.  Russell Stover is probably one of the better brands that are easily available at any Rite Aid/Walgreens type place.  They have both bagged candies of various chocolate choices and boxes of chocolate.

I'm pretty sure the only "sugar" it would have is some lactose from the dairy ingredients.

There are also all kinds of those Ensure-type chocolate shakes.  Those usually don't have any/little sugar in them.

My Walmart used to carry the whitmans sugar free sampler and the regular one. Right now, it's just the regular box.  I will keep checking but whitman's is another good brand!

edit: Also, I think it's $5.96 or something along those lines.  Could be cheaper....and seriously comparable to the fancy gourmet stuff.

• cupcait927cupcait927 member
    edited July 2018
    A boho flowery dress - L-O-L. I'd wearing a tight black dress. 

My Walmart used to carry the whitmans sugar free sampler and the regular one. Right now, it's just the regular box.  I will keep checking but whitman's is another good brand!

edit: Also, I think it's $5.96 or something along those lines.  Could be cheaper....and seriously comparable to the fancy gourmet stuff.
    I'll let @climbingwife chime in with how strict she is being on Whole30, but the rules of the program state no sugar, no treats, no chocolate, no anything that even resembles junk food. It also states no artificial or natural sugars - so technically honey wouldn't be allowed. Even if you bake paleo bread and it also all "approved ingredients", it still violates the spirit of the program. Fruit is okay, as long as it's not being used to satisfy a sweet tooth and it's eaten in small amounts throughout the 30 days.
  • right, technically as a diabetic I have to watch fruit too because of high sugar content.  Berries are lower in sugar, so berries are the "better" fruits. 

I'll let @clim@climbingwife chime in with how strict she is being on Whole30, but the rules of the program state no sugar, no treats, no chocolate, no anything that even resembles junk food. It also states no artificial or natural sugars - so technically honey wouldn't be allowed. Even if you bake paleo bread and it also all "approved ingredients", it still violates the spirit of the program. Fruit is okay, as long as it's not being used to satisfy a sweet tooth and it's eaten in small amounts throughout the 30 days.
    This sounds terrible. 

I'll let @clim@climbingwife chime in with how strict she is being on Whole30, but the rules of the program state no sugar, no treats, no chocolate, no anything that even resembles junk food. It also states no artificial or natural sugars - so technically honey wouldn't be allowed. Even if you bake paleo bread and it also all "approved ingredients", it still violates the spirit of the program. Fruit is okay, as long as it's not being used to satisfy a sweet tooth and it's eaten in small amounts throughout the 30 days.
    This sounds terrible. 
    I've tried to do Whole30 twice and quit after a less than a week both times. It's WAY too restrictive for me (there are LOTS of rules) and actually gave me more anxiety about food instead of focusing on the benefits of "whole" eating. My H has done it twice and succeeded, however he can eat the same thing for every meal and not get sick of it. So he basically lived on eggs, baked chicken, sweet potatoes, and greens for a month.

I'll let @climbingwife chime in with how strict she is being on Whole30, but the rules of the program state no sugar, no treats, no chocolate, no anything that even resembles junk food. It also states no artificial or natural sugars - so technically honey wouldn't be allowed. Even if you bake paleo bread and it also all "approved ingredients", it still violates the spirit of the program. Fruit is okay, as long as it's not being used to satisfy a sweet tooth and it's eaten in small amounts throughout the 30 days.

Oh sure, I have no doubt that no-sugar-added chocolate would technically not be allowed.  There is definitely no nutritional value, lol.  They also still have a chunk of calories.  Nowadays, a lot of companies use natural sweeteners (like Stevia) instead of artificial sweeteners.  But it is still going to be junk food.

I'm not that familiar with the Whole30 plan and how even a small change now and then could affect it.  But, on the general subject of eating healthier, I lean more toward having an occasional small portion to satisfy a craving.

Wedding Countdown Ticker