Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Parasols for a wedding guests..... A good idea???

I am tempted to buy parasols for the guests to use since my outdoor wedding is in mid-July, but I am afraid that parasols will block the view of the ceremony while it is taking place. Has anyone been to a wedding where the guest used parasols? Was it hard to see?? Any other ideas for shade or to help my guests keep cool?? A tent cannot be used at the locaton, and there is almost no natural shade.

Re: Parasols for a wedding guests..... A good idea???

• Options
    Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2011
    Ditto PP. 15 minute ceremony with water available and then immediately allow guests to move into the air conditioned reception venue.

ETA: this is what we did for our outdoor ceremony
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Parasols are a bad idea.  An option would be handheld fans to create some wind and they can block their face from the sun more subtly than a parasol.  I assume you would be outside for the ceremony only, and then indoors for cocktails and reception?
  • Options
    I've only attended one wedding with parasols, and while they were pretty, they definitely blocked the view.  Also, I ended up with a nasty bruise after the kids decided to have a swordfight and whacked me in the leg.

Fans are a better option.
  • Options
    Parasols for every guest would block a lot of people's view. Have fans, bottled water and if you're really worried about it, look into renting a tent or canopy to provide shade.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio!
    Blog
    my to-read shelf:
    Audrey's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    I was once in an outdoor wedding in Arizona in August...it was pretty miserable. Please make sure that there is: nearby shade, water, fans (fan programs would kill 2 birds with one stone), and a short ceremony. Then get your guests inside to the a/c. I agree with others that parasols will probably block views too much, though they might be cute for your BMs, if you have them.

Yes, I am getting married in AZ in July, but both the ceremony and reception will be indoors. We're working with our photographer to minimize outdoor time for the WP.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards