Wedding Woes
Options

Friday!!!

Finally!!! What's going on this weekend?

H and I cleaned the shit out of the house last night and it probably sparkles. Like a cartoon. 

I've got a half day today and hope to bake a carrot cake and some muffins before my friends from MO arrive. Then tonight we're meeting my stepdad at a bar. IDK if you guys remember but I asked for advice on that - I thought the best way to keep peace and not be petty would be to meet him in a mutual location, rather than invite him to my house or not see him at all. So we shall see how this goes!

Tomorrow my H, my sister, our MO friends and another friend are going to the Bears Chiefs preseason game. Our aunt and uncle, who we share our Bears tickets with, are also going. I'll have like ALL of my favorite people at this game. I'm super excited. Then, who know?! They want Portillo's for dinner. Because Portillo's, so that's fine. 
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Friday!!!

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I "slept in" until 6 today.  Dh left at 3 am to meet with an operator that went home sick at 2.  Now he has to meet with him Monday night at 6pm- which is when I'm supposed to have a girls night out so I get to try to find someone to take 6let to practice and someone to watch the other 2. grrrr.

Max is home today. I'm going to work out then we're hitting the grocery.  I invited over a neighbor kid this afternoon to entertain him. 6let has keeper training tonight from 7-8.  I was going to take the time for a run, but I kind of want to find a bar and have a cocktail instead.

Saturday Max have a soccer game at 2:30.  If the weather holds I'm thinking either swim or have a bonfire or both.

Sunday Church then 6let and Max have games.  I have to remember the referee payment.

• Options
    Today - work, the gym, dinner and bed. 

Tomorrow - have a ton of running around to do before we leave for vacation on Thursday! At night we're having our neighbors over for dinner and drinks. 

Sunday I'm going to look at wedding dresses with my FSIL! Very excited. We're going to the same shop I bought my wedding dress at. 
  • Options
    DefConn is still struggling and home again today.  We go to the doc in a little over an hour.  I'm worried he's backed his sinuses up into an ear infection (he keeps saying he's got 'stabbing' pain in his ear when meds wear off). 

DH and the kiddo are also sniffly and have cold symptoms.  I'm good, for now.  ;)  

We're supposed to go to my parent's tonight to have dinner with them and grandparents.  We'll see what the doc says and how DH feels after work. 

Tomorrow, we're supposed to go to FIL's to have dinner and finally see his completed kitchen.  

Sunday, we have no plans.  

We need to get food at some point.  Everything is looking pretty bare. 
  • Options
    I just have to make it through work today.  I have a working theory about what is going on with me mentally/physically and am putting steps into place to try and help.  Being around people right now is just really hard.  

I'm going kayaking for the first time tomorrow.  It's also a new river that I'm going to, so I'm excited about all of that.  Water baby happiness, basically.  They've had some good rain, so we should be over 3 feet, which means no walking/dragging hopefully.

K is at a roller derby tournament.
  • Options
    SSC- Good luck with your SD. Have fun at the game though!!

6- FX you find someone to help with the kids. 

I slept in until 11 today. I don’t sleep that well (usually average about 6 hours even when I don’t have an alarm) so it was kind of a big deal... but since I am a night owl, it was still just about 8 hours of sleep. Whatever, I still feel good about it.

DH (who was up hours before me) woke up on the good side of the bed too. He fixed me breakfast then told me he would do whatever I wanted today. So we spent most of the afternoon organizing the workbench and going through tubs of shit he has been carting around since before we were dating. We still have a lot to do but I just love that he initiated it.

Full week of work starting tomorrow. I am not ready for the season to start. I feel bad about how excited I am to have a couple months off during the busiest time.
  • Options

@ShesSoCold, sounds like a great weekend!  I remember you talking about the issue with your friends wanting to spend some time with your SF and his wife.  Meeting a neutral location, so you don't have to actually invite them into your house, sounds like a good compromise.  Portillo's is where I had my first "Chicago-style" dog last year.  While the hot dog itself was fine, but nothing special.  I was delighted with all the toppings that made it "Chicago-style".  Love it!  It's also a pretty cool place.  I liked the atmosphere.  I realize there is more than one, but I'm assuming they're pretty similar.

@climbingwife, I hope your SIL finds the perfect dress!

Fridays are always my half day (I work a 4-9's and 4 schedule).  However I also have weekly reports I have to submit before I leave.  Which means I usually end up working an extra 1-2 hours every Friday.  With no extra pay.  But not today!  I had extra time and was extra productive this week, so my reports are already done.  I'm not sure what to do with myself, lol.  It is Friday.  So I think I'll coast and pretend to work for the next 90 minutes, lol.

After that, I did pick up a retail mystery shop that I need to take care of today.  I'm a little sorry I did.  It had a good bonus and is well paying for what it is.  So I grabbed it quickly.  And THEN calculated out the time it will take me vs. the pay.  Meh.  Turns out that it is "okay", but not great from that standpoint.

Then, more errands to run.  Rite Aid and Dollar General both have good specials this week that I want.

A trip to the bank, which I'm going to take a moment to gripe about.  In a nutshell, I really only have time to go to the bank on Fridays and Saturdays.  The tenant on the other side of my personal duplex has his rent due on the 15th.  Which was a Wed. this month.  He's great and always pays, but is typically a few days late.  And goddamnit.  This month?  He didn't pay until the 19th.  Sunday.  I was already at the bank LAST Friday, for my paycheck.  Now I have to make a second, special trip today to deal with his payments.  Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.  But still annoying.

But by the time Fri. is over, it's easy street!  No plans for Sat. or Sun.  Though, we'll probably find some more good restaurants to hit up before restaurant month is over. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Squish (our nickname for kitten) is doing really well. He seems pretty healthy and he continues to be very sociable. 

Today is cleaning the house, putting camping stuff away, and trying to get to the gym. I’m ready not to be exhausted any more. Poor FI is having a way worse time though. He should have taken an extra day off in between vacation and work instead of going straight back to work. And then his boss is being a twatwaffle and is telling him he can’t take anymore vacation days. Vacation days that have already been approved. Guys, FI gets shorted about $20k in industry standard salary and about a week and a half of vacation days. His boss can fuck off. FIs pretty much over it at this point. He’s talking about looking for another job and I really hope he does. This company has potential, but it’s never going to grow with the shenanigans they constantly pull, which is sad. And when they lose FI they’re not going to know what hit them. 

@VarunaTT kayaking is a blast! Prepare to have sore arms/shoulders. 

• Options

@ShesSoCold, sounds like a great weekend!  I remember you talking about the issue with your friends wanting to spend some time with your SF and his wife.  Meeting a neutral location, so you don't have to actually invite them into your house, sounds like a good compromise.  Portillo's is where I had my first "Chicago-style" dog last year.  While the hot dog itself was fine, but nothing special.  I was delighted with all the toppings that made it "Chicago-style".  Love it!  It's also a pretty cool place.  I liked the atmosphere.  I realize there is more than one, but I'm assuming they're pretty similar.

@climbingwife, I hope your SIL finds the perfect dress!

Fridays are always my half day (I work a 4-9's and 4 schedule).  However I also have weekly reports I have to submit before I leave.  Which means I usually end up working an extra 1-2 hours every Friday.  With no extra pay.  But not today!  I had extra time and was extra productive this week, so my reports are already done.  I'm not sure what to do with myself, lol.  It is Friday.  So I think I'll coast and pretend to work for the next 90 minutes, lol.

After that, I did pick up a retail mystery shop that I need to take care of today.  I'm a little sorry I did.  It had a good bonus and is well paying for what it is.  So I grabbed it quickly.  And THEN calculated out the time it will take me vs. the pay.  Meh.  Turns out that it is "okay", but not great from that standpoint.

Then, more errands to run.  Rite Aid and Dollar General both have good specials this week that I want.

A trip to the bank, which I'm going to take a moment to gripe about.  In a nutshell, I really only have time to go to the bank on Fridays and Saturdays.  The tenant on the other side of my personal duplex has his rent due on the 15th.  Which was a Wed. this month.  He's great and always pays, but is typically a few days late.  And goddamnit.  This month?  He didn't pay until the 19th.  Sunday.  I was already at the bank LAST Friday, for my paycheck.  Now I have to make a second, special trip today to deal with his payments.  Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.  But still annoying.

But by the time Fri. is over, it's easy street!  No plans for Sat. or Sun.  Though, we'll probably find some more good restaurants to hit up before restaurant month is over. 

You don’t have phone deposits? I love just snapping a pic of checks!
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    Squish (our nickname for kitten) is doing really well. He seems pretty healthy and he continues to be very sociable. 

Today is cleaning the house, putting camping stuff away, and trying to get to the gym. I’m ready not to be exhausted any more. Poor FI is having a way worse time though. He should have taken an extra day off in between vacation and work instead of going straight back to work. And then his boss is being a twatwaffle and is telling him he can’t take anymore vacation days. Vacation days that have already been approved. Guys, FI gets shorted about $20k in industry standard salary and about a week and a half of vacation days. His boss can fuck off. FIs pretty much over it at this point. He’s talking about looking for another job and I really hope he does. This company has potential, but it’s never going to grow with the shenanigans they constantly pull, which is sad. And when they lose FI they’re not going to know what hit them. 

@VarunaTT kayaking is a blast! Prepare to have sore arms/shoulders. 

I love the nickname "Squish"!

Your FI NEEDS to look for another job.  It would be one thing to make lower than average pay, if it was a job/company he really liked.  I am actually in that very situation.  But, if it is low-paying and poorer benefits along with being a negative place to work, it's definitely time to look for better!

One of the big, local property insurance companies in town had commercials that they were looking for agents.  Yes!  Actually had commercials about their job openings.

I figured, "Wow, commercials are big bucks.  They must be desperate and paying top dollar!"  I went to their website to apply.  Because I think I'd like selling property/auto insurance (no cold calling) and I understand insurance well.  I also know that the average insurance salesperson in my area makes a $50K-$60K salary, before commissions and bonuses.

Fortunately, they at least had all the details about the job/benefits on their website before I even bothered wasting my time applying.  The base salary was $32K.  And employees received 3 days of "personal time" per year.  After they had worked there for one year.  Unbelievable!

3 personal days/year.  To use for all vacation AND sick time?!?!  And they pay a little more than half the normal salary.  Okey-dokey then.  No wonder they have to run commercials for job openings, smh.

And, now that I know this, guess who I would never buy insurance from?  I don't want my insurance needs handled by ever-changing, way underpaid green newbies.  The only way this job makes sense is to get your foot in that industry door and gain some experience.  Then leave after a year or so to go make substantially more money, elsewhere.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What happened to the Thursday post and all the Prudies?  I was busy yesterday and wanted to read them today.  Looks like more goofy IT stuff for TK - Boo!

No big weekend plans.  Cleaning and grocery shopping is on the list.  I have a volunteer thing on Sunday evening and then off on another work week.

I think I mentioned I'm traveling to Phoenix for work in October.  I'll be there 3 weeks and am trying to figure out what clothes to pack.  I need to do it now while I'm in a "summer" mind set because by the end of September, MN will be in full fall mode and I'll be thinking sweaters and jeans.  I've been googling capsule wardrobes and finding some good info.  Many of my work clothes are mix and match anyway and I'll have access to guest laundry at the hotel.  I'm allowed 2 checked bags so all that will help.
  • Options

I hear ya, but I don't think that can be done for HELOC payments.  I usually use my rent checks and even half my paychecks to pay down my Home Equity Line of Credit.  I use my HELOC to make down payments on rental properties, so that is where most of my extra income goes.

And you caught me, lol.  I'm still old-fashioned in my banking.  I suppose I could snap pics of the checks to deposit them to my checking accounts...at different banks...and then do a transfer to my HELOC.  I recently/finally set that up for one of those accounts, where some of my rent payments are directly deposited anyway.  It has made things easier.  And cut down on bank visits, lol.

I briefly tried online banking back in its infancy.  I didn't like it.  But over the last few months, I started trying it again and am beginning to see the light.  However, I'm still a little leery from my previous bad experiences and need more time before I feel confident fully transitioning over.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I hear ya, but I don't think that can be done for HELOC payments.  I usually use my rent checks and even half my paychecks to pay down my Home Equity Line of Credit.  I use my HELOC to make down payments on rental properties, so that is where most of my extra income goes.

And you caught me, lol.  I'm still old-fashioned in my banking.  I suppose I could snap pics of the checks to deposit them to my checking accounts...at different banks...and then do a transfer to my HELOC.  I recently/finally set that up for one of those accounts, where some of my rent payments are directly deposited anyway.  It has made things easier.  And cut down on bank visits, lol.

I briefly tried online banking back in its infancy.  I didn't like it.  But over the last few months, I started trying it again and am beginning to see the light.  However, I'm still a little leery from my previous bad experiences and need more time before I feel confident fully transitioning over.

I was the same way for years. At the time, my car loan and checking accounts were with the same bank.

Then I realized that I was writing out a check from Harris Bank and mailing it to Harris Bank every month and felt like a big dumbass. I could literally just transfer funds online in like 2 seconds.

And from your PP - I am a bad Chicagoian/American. I hate hot dogs. I'm not super big on beefs, either. I rarely eat at Portillo's (and I get a salad when I do) but I can see how people love it. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    MNNEBride said:
    What happened to the Thursday post and all the Prudies?  I was busy yesterday and wanted to read them today.  Looks like more goofy IT stuff for TK - Boo!

No big weekend plans.  Cleaning and grocery shopping is on the list.  I have a volunteer thing on Sunday evening and then off on another work week.

I think I mentioned I'm traveling to Phoenix for work in October.  I'll be there 3 weeks and am trying to figure out what clothes to pack.  I need to do it now while I'm in a "summer" mind set because by the end of September, MN will be in full fall mode and I'll be thinking sweaters and jeans.  I've been googling capsule wardrobes and finding some good info.  Many of my work clothes are mix and match anyway and I'll have access to guest laundry at the hotel.  I'm allowed 2 checked bags so all that will help.

My work's servers are in Phoenix.  So every time I open Yahoo, I get to see their temps.  When I'm roasting at 95F, I can give thanks that things could be worse.  Because Phoenix in the summertime always is, lol.  Often triple digits.  I'm guessing it will be in the '80s in Oct., but could get chilly at night.  That's the crazy thing about the desert.  It can have extreme temperatures from day to night.  It can feel super hot during the day, but really cold at night.

My internet "ads" are often geared toward Phoenix also.  Yep.  Super helpful to know I can save $$$$ on my Metro Phoenix auto insurance rates with XYZ Insurance, lol.

But the servers used to be in Jakarta, Indonesia.  That was even crazier.  During Ramadan, there were restaurant specials ads galore.  Too bad I actually live thousands of miles away, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was the same way for years. At the time, my car loan and checking accounts were with the same bank.

Then I realized that I was writing out a check from Harris Bank and mailing it to Harris Bank every month and felt like a big dumbass. I could literally just transfer funds online in like 2 seconds.

And from your PP - I am a bad Chicagoian/American. I hate hot dogs. I'm not super big on beefs, either. I rarely eat at Portillo's (and I get a salad when I do) but I can see how people love it. 

That's okay!  My H was born and bred in Oregon.  Hates salmon.

I dated a guy who was born and bred in NOLA.  Hated shrimp.  There is so much shrimp pulled out of Gulf waters by Louisiana fishing companies!  It is served all over the place.  Even some gas stations sell fried shrimp poboys.  I joked with him that I was surprised he'd never been run out of town, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Play date fails- let the kids eat raspberries right off of the bush (at least they’re organic?); went downstairs for a beer (I swear to make bratwurst) and the kid went home without me knowing; we’re all having popsicles later (these are the vegan, whole food plant based diet ultra healthy people)
  • Options
    Was able to get my walk in this morning before the rains hit. When I'm at DD's I walk every morning since I can't go to my gym. I've been lucky to make my mileage goal everyday I've been up here. It is a little chilly here today and I was not prepared wardrobe wise but oh well. I'm headed home on Sunday. This has been an extended visit this time around - the last one before she goes back to work  :(.