Wedding Woes
Options

Monday

How was the weekend?

Ours was pretty good, despite the all weekend raining.  Everything in the city was canceled it seemed. 

We started Ozark.  We're only 4 eps in.  I love Laura Linney and the daughter.  Can't wait to watch more.  ;)

I took DefConn to a bday party Saturday afternoon and then went shopping for some new stuff for fall.  We went home and watched movies.  DH was out with FIL for most of the evening.  Yesterday, we got up and I made a ton of football food.  We then spent the afternoon day drinking and snacking.  I went to bed before 10.  :D 

OH and in the BEST NEWS, the county finally got back to us with our adjusted valuation.  We have to send back the official forms and then we'll hopefully get a check for our over payment for the last 2ish years soon.  

Re: Monday

• Options
    We went to a winery on Saturday - was supposed to be good weather. It rained the whole freaking time we were there. 

Other than that, I just unpacked and did laundry. Ever since Portugal, I've had this weird breakout/allergic reaction going on with my skin, and it's just making me miserable. 
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2018
    @climbingwife, hope your skin gets better.

Today is Rosh Hashanah, so I'll be going to services at my synagogue soon.

Quiet birthday yesterday.
  • Options
    Had a good weekend, though I'm tired today.  The derby game on Saturday was great; we won by a spread of 100 points.  It was still a hard fought, well played game, by both teams.  Other than that, stayed home all weekend.
  • Options
    I think everyone had a restful weekend.  We didn't do much but try a new place to eat (which was great) and saw peppermint and the Nun.  I forgot about Demian Bichir and a new found crush formed.  Which is kinda weird since he played a father in the movie.....but he'll always be drug lord Esteban Reyes in my books. 

awesome news about the taxes @mrsconn23!
    @climbingwife, how was Portugal?  You've been there before, right? but recommended?
    Happy belated Birthday @Jen4948

• Options
    I think everyone had a restful weekend.  We didn't do much but try a new place to eat (which was great) and saw peppermint and the Nun.  I forgot about Demian Bichir and a new found crush formed.  Which is kinda weird since he played a father in the movie.....but he'll always be drug lord Esteban Reyes in my books. 

awesome news about the taxes @mrsconn23!
    @climbingwife, how was Portugal?  You've been there before, right? but recommended?
    Happy belated Birthday @Jen4948
    Portugal was good. There were a few circumstances of our stay that I would have changed, but the country/area itself was really beautiful. 
  • Options
    Happy Birthday @Jen4948!

Had my first touch football game this weekend; and ended up at urgent care with a partially torn calf muscle. Hoping I’m only out a few games. 

So I pretty much sat around and iced my leg this weekend. 
  • Options
    Weekend was 50% good. The doctor didn’t have any answers for me on Friday and wrote me a new BCP and tbh it just felt like such a blow. I’ve been in so much pain the past six months. I was really hoping I would get some obvious answers. But once again no one seems to know what’s wrong. And now I don’t know what to do because the new prescription is a higher dosage and historically I have not done well with those. So do I take it and risk the emotional fall out during what is already a difficult semester? Do I stay on my current pill and just suck up being in pain all the time? I’m feeling really defeated and it sucks. 

Yesterday we went out to lunch with FI’s family to celebrate his parent’s 40th anniversary and a bunch of birthdays. It was good to see everyone and the lunch went by without any drama. I was going to go to clinic today but I think I’ll finish some more homework and then go tomorrow. I woke up at 2 am and then couldn’t go back to sleep so I’m exhausted. The only good part about staying awake all night was the kitty snuggles. 

• Options

The game was fun!

Unfortunately, even when we win…we still lose. A tie game, really?!

This weather is perfect for a pot of chili and cornbread – so that’s what is on the menu tonight.

I’m so exhausted and can’t wait to get home to my bed!

• Options
    levioosa said:
    Weekend was 50% good. The doctor didn’t have any answers for me on Friday and wrote me a new BCP and tbh it just felt like such a blow. I’ve been in so much pain the past six months. I was really hoping I would get some obvious answers. But once again no one seems to know what’s wrong. And now I don’t know what to do because the new prescription is a higher dosage and historically I have not done well with those. So do I take it and risk the emotional fall out during what is already a difficult semester? Do I stay on my current pill and just suck up being in pain all the time? I’m feeling really defeated and it sucks. 

Yesterday we went out to lunch with FI’s family to celebrate his parent’s 40th anniversary and a bunch of birthdays. It was good to see everyone and the lunch went by without any drama. I was going to go to clinic today but I think I’ll finish some more homework and then go tomorrow. I woke up at 2 am and then couldn’t go back to sleep so I’m exhausted. The only good part about staying awake all night was the kitty snuggles. 
    Not sure if this has been suggested to you or not, but have you tried cbd oil?  I'm only on day 2 of it, but I have heard great things from a LOT of people about this stuff! it's pricey though.

• Options
    Also on Saturday I watched a marathon of Four Weddings. 

"I'm not a fan of fake flowers"
    "I'm not a fan of blue as a bridesmaid color"

Are these girls for real?!?

• Options
    This weekend was crazy busy for me, no rest for the wicked I guess.  We had events Friday/Saturday and then H had a fundraiser Sunday.  Tonight is the Lions home opener (woohoo!) and then tomorrow is/was H's first forum (non-debate).  But he just learned that his opponent isn't coming so I guess it's going to be Clint Eastwood debates a chair instead.  H was going to wipe the floor with the guy anyway;).

Happy birthday @Jen4948!

Congrats @mrsconn23!

@VarunaTT I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend!  It seems you needed a good one!
  • Options
    levioosa said:

Not sure if this has been suggested to you or not, but have you tried cbd oil?  I'm only on day 2 of it, but I have heard great things from a LOT of people about this stuff! it's pricey though.
    I’ve thought about it. I’m not completely sure about it showing up on a drug screen though. Although CA has legalized marijuana it’s kind of a tricky grey area for health care employees. Ibuprofen actually helps which makes sense since I’m like 90% sure the pain is GYN related and the cramping responds to NSAIDS like it’s GYN related, but I can’t keep eating Motrin like it’s candy. My poor kidney. Ugh. 

• Options
    levioosa said:
    levioosa said:

I’ve thought about it. I’m not completely sure about it showing up on a drug screen though. Although CA has legalized marijuana it’s kind of a tricky grey area for health care employees. Ibuprofen actually helps which makes sense since I’m like 90% sure the pain is GYN related and the cramping responds to NSAIDS like it’s GYN related, but I can’t keep eating Motrin like it’s candy. My poor kidney. Ugh. 
    That really sucks. I'm so sorry. I had something similar when I was in my late teens, and was diagnosed with middelschmertz, which basically just meant undiagnosed pain. 
  • Options
    Yay refund, mrs.conn!!

Happy belated, Jen!

Sending good vibes to you two, Varuna and Levioosa. You both deserve a break!!

I had a good weekend. Saturday was the anniversary of my mom's death and I was determined to be "okay". I was and then like, halfway through my weight watchers meeting it hit me. I held back but cried all the way home. She and H are the only people who have ever "gotten" me and I've changed so much in these 4 years. She'd be so proud of me for all the little things that no one else understands. 

Saturday night I went to a wedding that would have been TORN APART by people here (myself included). Unclear invitations, "no gifts", no set times for anything, not enough seats, serve yourself bar, etc. But it was AWESOME. I had a freaking blast and it was perfect for my friend. She said she wasn't even sure if they'd do a ceremony there because she didn't want to, but he did. TBH, the ceremony they did do wasn't actually legal since it was in a different county but who the fuck cares. I loved it. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Glad you had something fun Saturday night @ShesSoCold
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2018
    Yay refund, mrs.conn!!

Happy belated, Jen!

Sending good vibes to you two, Varuna and Levioosa. You both deserve a break!!

I had a good weekend. Saturday was the anniversary of my mom's death and I was determined to be "okay". I was and then like, halfway through my weight watchers meeting it hit me. I held back but cried all the way home. She and H are the only people who have ever "gotten" me and I've changed so much in these 4 years. She'd be so proud of me for all the little things that no one else understands. 

Saturday night I went to a wedding that would have been TORN APART by people here (myself included). Unclear invitations, "no gifts", no set times for anything, not enough seats, serve yourself bar, etc. But it was AWESOME. I had a freaking blast and it was perfect for my friend. She said she wasn't even sure if they'd do a ceremony there because she didn't want to, but he did. TBH, the ceremony they did do wasn't actually legal since it was in a different county but who the fuck cares. I loved it. 
    I'm actually OK with serve your self...IMO, better than a cash bar! And better than putting your brideslaves to work (which I've seen done)! 

eta for:  when you say it was a different county, do you mean the license was set for one county and then they got married in another?  I thought county didn't matter, just state?  Legit curious! 

A good cry is needed once and awhile and justified.  Glad you still trucked through the day though and know your mom would be very proud!

• Options
    Hugs @ShesSoCold

@mrsconn23 so last week FI and I binged Sharp Objects. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would and the casting was kind of perfect. Have you watched Big Little Lies? 

• Options

@mrsconn23, Finally!  You vanquished the Assessor's office!  Sorry it took two years, ugh.

@Jen4948, Happy belated b-day!

@charlotte989875, oh no!  I'm sorry your first football game resulted in injury.  But on a slight silver lining, isn't there a rule that a football injury makes you even more bad ass, lol.

@levioosa, I'm sorry they still haven't determined what is causing your pain.  I hope the new medicine helps, even if it isn't ideal.

@ShesSoCold, I'm glad you had a good weekend, overall, and fun at your friend's wedding.  I know the anniversary of your mom's death was weighing on you  ((hugs)).  I think you handled it well.

Friday was busy for me.  I had a parking lot mystery shop in the downtown area.  I had to stay parked for at least 40 minutes.  So I took the opportunity to stop at the bank and then get lunch at one of my old stomping grounds.  I used to work downtown, but haven't for about the last 7 years.  My lunch took up about half the fee I'm going to get, lol.  But that's okay.  I enjoyed myself.

Friday night was another mystery shop.  It was a to-go shop at a casual restaurant.  Which, normally, should have been great.  Place an order, go pick it up, short form to fill out, get $35 in free food (to be reimbursed).  Except this restaurant turned out to be completely dysfunctional, smh.  They said my order would be ready at 8:02PM.  Except apparently that was a lie.  They didn't bring it out until 8:17PM.  I mean, I don't care if they are running behind their "usual" time parameters.  But then, adjust the info that is automatically being sent to to-go customers.  So they aren't sitting around for 15-20 minutes.  That TOTALLY defeats some of the purpose of ordering food to-go.  Not the only problem I had with them, but the most egregious one.  Too bad for them I was a mystery shopper.

Saturday and Sunday were super lazy days.  They were great.

Tonight, I have another mystery dinner shop at one of my favorite restaurants.  It's also Restaurant Week here.  So, we'll probably be going out to eat a couple more times this week.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@mrsconn23, Finally!  You vanquished the Assessor's office!  Sorry it took two years, ugh.

@Jen4948, Happy belated b-day!

@charlotte989875, oh no!  I'm sorry your first football game resulted in injury.  But on a slight silver lining, isn't there a rule that a football injury makes you even more bad ass, lol.

@levioosa, I'm sorry they still haven't determined what is causing your pain.  I hope the new medicine helps, even if it isn't ideal.

@ShesSoCold, I'm glad you had a good weekend, overall, and fun at your friend's wedding.  I know the anniversary of your mom's death was weighing on you  ((hugs)).  I think you handled it well.

Friday was busy for me.  I had a parking lot mystery shop in the downtown area.  I had to stay parked for at least 40 minutes.  So I took the opportunity to stop at the bank and then get lunch at one of my old stomping grounds.  I used to work downtown, but haven't for about the last 7 years.  My lunch took up about half the fee I'm going to get, lol.  But that's okay.  I enjoyed myself.

Friday night was another mystery shop.  It was a to-go shop at a casual restaurant.  Which, normally, should have been great.  Place an order, go pick it up, short form to fill out, get $35 in free food (to be reimbursed).  Except this restaurant turned out to be completely dysfunctional, smh.  They said my order would be ready at 8:02PM.  Except apparently that was a lie.  They didn't bring it out until 8:17PM.  I mean, I don't care if they are running behind their "usual" time parameters.  But then, adjust the info that is automatically being sent to to-go customers.  So they aren't sitting around for 15-20 minutes.  That TOTALLY defeats some of the purpose of ordering food to-go.  Not the only problem I had with them, but the most egregious one.  Too bad for them I was a mystery shopper.

Saturday and Sunday were super lazy days.  They were great.

Tonight, I have another mystery dinner shop at one of my favorite restaurants.  It's also Restaurant Week here.  So, we'll probably be going out to eat a couple more times this week.

This happened to me with a grub hub order . I placed it.  I picked it up when it said it would be ready. When I got there, they were like 'we JUST got this order faxed to us 5 minutes ago.  It won't be ready just yet".

Faxed?  in 2016.  Are we still at faxing orders in?

They went out of business but man were they the best taco's around.

• Options

I audibly cringed at a torn calf muscle @charlotte

The weekend was excellent. Friday I shopped all day with my mom and sister.  My mom had two toe surgeries and broke her arm this summer.  I really thought she'd be in a wheel chair, but walked the whole day.  (sidenote she's in physical therapy for her toe). My sister branched out from her red, white, and black uniform and bought a NAVY BLUE dress.

I managed to get: 4 dresses, 1 blouse, 1 sweatshirt, jeans, a necklace, bracelet, compact mirror, shoes, and king sized bedding for $170!!!

My parents were going to come for all 3 soccer games Saturday, but they were all cancelled.  Instead I pulled apps out of the magic freezer and we had a tailgate party, watched OSU, and played a bunch of board games. Meatball sliders, taquitos, pizza bagels, yum yum stix, pretzel bites, potato chips, and nachos for dinner.

Sunday more rain.  It's a good thing there was school because I needed people to get out of my house.

Soccer practice got scrambled tonight because the fields are still a few feet under water.  We're headed indoors though.

• Options
    Happy belated birthday, @Jen4948!

I'm tired today and I am PMSing which is making me a major bitch. And I'm giving in to my urge to snack. So I'll probably bitch about that later too lol. 
  • Options
    Happy Birthday @Jen4948!

Had my first touch football game this weekend; and ended up at urgent care with a partially torn calf muscle. Hoping I’m only out a few games. 

So I pretty much sat around and iced my leg this weekend. 
    OUCH. 
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    Hi everyone! I’m Eileen.  Thought I’d join the daily chat now that my kids are in school all week and I’m less sahm/more guidance counselor. I’ve lurked a touch when I’ve had the time but apologies if I don’t know all the backstories! 

@Jen4948 happy belated birthday and L’Shanah Tova!
    @charlotte989875 and @levioosa hope you start to feel better soon!
    @ShesSoCold I’d be lost without my mom I’m always in awe of people around my age who get up, keep going and live life with that loss. So brave.  Glad you enjoyed the wedding Sat night!

Is this where I share something about my day?  My life is pretty mundane  :D hmm...it’ll be rainy all week by me.  I’m excited to watch the Jets new QB tonight!
    Thanks, ladies! 

Eileen, I'm right there with you. My mom was my best friend and I never imagined life without her. Ever. But you have to. You have no choice. I have these periodic breakdowns and I think, "Oh my god what am I supposed to do without her? I can't. How do I do this?" and then I think, "Well, it's been X amount of time, so I am doing this." I guess it does get a little easier over time. 

I have a question for runners - do you run on the street? If so, why? Everyone I see running in my neighborhood runs on the streets when we have sidewalks. No comprende. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold I prefer the streets because it’s less likely to be a tripping hazard. Sidewalks also tend to have more dog poop, people walking, toys, and other general hazards. 
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    Hi everyone! I’m Eileen.  Thought I’d join the daily chat now that my kids are in school all week and I’m less sahm/more guidance counselor. I’ve lurked a touch when I’ve had the time but apologies if I don’t know all the backstories! 

@Jen4948 happy belated birthday and L’Shanah Tova!
    @charlotte989875 and @levioosa hope you start to feel better soon!
    @ShesSoCold I’d be lost without my mom I’m always in awe of people around my age who get up, keep going and live life with that loss. So brave.  Glad you enjoyed the wedding Sat night!

Is this where I share something about my day?  My life is pretty mundane  :D hmm...it’ll be rainy all week by me.  I’m excited to watch the Jets new QB tonight!
    Thanks, ladies! 

Eileen, I'm right there with you. My mom was my best friend and I never imagined life without her. Ever. But you have to. You have no choice. I have these periodic breakdowns and I think, "Oh my god what am I supposed to do without her? I can't. How do I do this?" and then I think, "Well, it's been X amount of time, so I am doing this." I guess it does get a little easier over time. 

I have a question for runners - do you run on the street? If so, why? Everyone I see running in my neighborhood runs on the streets when we have sidewalks. No comprende. 
    H and I prefer to run in the street because there's less chance of tripping and falling or stepping on something. If you run on sidewalks, you constantly find yourself looking down to make sure you're not tripping over uneven sidewalk, stepping in dog poop, etc. H's aunt was running on the sidewalk last year, tripped on an uneven crack and broke her shoulder badly enough it needed surgery. Plus I find that the pavement has more "give" than the sidewalk concrete, so it's easier to run on.
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold I actually prefer treadmill running. But generally when people run on the streets if there are sidewalks it’s because pavement is softer than concrete, and streets tend to be more even than sidewalks so less chance of tripping over an uneven sidewalk. 
  • Options
    Oh and a lot of tree branches in my neighborhood hang so low if your looking at the side walk you get smacked in the head. 
  • Options
    Not a runner, but I used to be an outdoor power walker and when I walked on the sidewalks it was really really bad with uneven concrete.  I roll my ankle at the snap of my fingers.  It's actually a main reason why I don't walk outside anymore! 

• Options
    Oh that makes sense!! Thank you!!

I admit that I'm one of those asshole drivers that get angry at runners and bikers (bikers only when they're like 2 wide, taking up a ton of the lane or when they're on the road and there's a designated bike path, which we have a lot of around here). But now I know why and I will refrain from being a dick because there's actual reasons for it.