Wedding Woes

Tuesday!

2»

Re: Tuesday!

• H and I like to make a fancy dinner for NYE. Last year I did a beef wellington and it wasn't nearly as hard as people want you to think. And it would be perfect for a party because most of the work is done beforehand and it cooks for a couple hours. I think I used Tyler Florence's recipe and it was super good. 

Now I'm wondering what I should do for NYE this year, if anything. My sister will be over and we'll have to get up at like 4:00 AM NYD to go to the Winter Classic.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @ShesSoCold I love the Rachael Ray 30 minute meal individual beef wellington recipe.

It's a LOAD OF CRAP that they can be done in 30 minutes BUT they are delicious and super special.   I think I haven't had one since before kids. 
  • I could use some good vibes. I’m having a really rough day. I’ve had some serious health stuff going on the last few weeks, on top of my normal health crap and it all feels really overwhelming. I’m looking forward to my dinner this Saturday but I also just want to curl up and sleep for days. Just once I would like my body not to be a broken pile of shit. 

• levioosa said:
    I could use some good vibes. I’m having a really rough day. I’ve had some serious health stuff going on the last few weeks, on top of my normal health crap and it all feels really overwhelming. I’m looking forward to my dinner this Saturday but I also just want to curl up and sleep for days. Just once I would like my body not to be a broken pile of shit. 
    Sending you hugs and extra good vibes!!!!!
  • I'm in pretty good shape. H already has his gift and has used it. No wrapping required for a ski pass. 

Only gift I have left to buy is for my aunt's boyfriend. I'm getting him a bottle of wine that I'll get this weekend. I'm also giving my employees alcohol that I'll buy this weekend as well. 
  • Sending good vibes @levioosa.  Health issues are the worst and really take a toll.  I’m sorry you’re dealing with them.
  • levioosa said:
    I could use some good vibes. I’m having a really rough day. I’ve had some serious health stuff going on the last few weeks, on top of my normal health crap and it all feels really overwhelming. I’m looking forward to my dinner this Saturday but I also just want to curl up and sleep for days. Just once I would like my body not to be a broken pile of shit. 

All the good vibes for feeling better!  I'm so sorry your health isn't well and it feels like an overwhelming day.

I know, even with school out, that you're still working and getting ready for the party on Sat.  But is there anyway you could completely clear your calendar for one day this week?  Just one day...nothing scheduled, no errands to run, no reason to leave the house...and spend all day resting in bed or on the couch?  A day like that might at least recharge your batteries some and make things easier to cope with.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • All my vibes today, Levi. Hugs. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Thanks, everyone. 

@short+sassy I’m kind of strapped for time this week, but I’m leaning more and more towards not going anywhere for Christmas. I honestly feel like FI will agree. Poor guy has also been overwhelmed with life too. I think a day of rest will be good for us. 

• Ohh @levioosa sending you all the good vibes and thoughts! 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2018
    Hugs Levioosa.  A day for just you two sounds great!  Relax and watch bad christmas movies!

• Hugs Levioosa.  
  • Hope you feel better Levioosa and that everyone stays healthy Banana.

I'm done shopping except for socks to put in the babies' stockings. Everything is wrapped except DH's dance shoes (we do ball room dancing and he wanted new shoes). The next few days will be grocery shopping and cleaning house to get ready for everyone to arrive on Saturday! Then it will be a whirlwind 48 hours. DS1 and DIL will be here until Christmas Eve. We have all the meals planned, but I have done zero baking. That has to get done in the next couple of days too. I also am borrowing a couple of high chairs for the boys. I picked one up today and am picking another up tomorrow. I don't think there are enough hours between now and Saturday.

OK vent time here: I asked H if he had bought his sister her Christmas present and he says oops. I'm like really???? You need to buy two presents (his Dad's and sister's) and you forget one? Well I guess she won't be getting a Christmas present. I'm so over it. The man retired and forgot how to pull his share of the weight when it comes to Christmas!!! I think I need to have a bourbon now!

Happy shopping and wrapping y'all!
    Giftcard! Hey, it’s something!  But annoying yeah