Wedding Woes

Friday

we finally made it!

spent the first hour on the job exchanging gifts and shooting the shit.  Everyone’s pretending to work now.  I just want an early release. 

Re: Friday

• Me too. I don't have shit to do today and only like half the office is in. At least Coughy McIhateyou is off today. They always make us wait for the leave early announcement. If he let us know early, we wouldn't spend most of our day whispering to each other like "I wonder if Boss will let us go early..".

I have a super busy weekend. Lots of cooking, cleaning, prepping. I'm looking forward to it though. Last Friday I made 5 dessert recipes in like 6 hours. This weekend I have 11-12 things I want to make in two full days and two half days. So I should be able to get everything done without being too stressed. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I'm at work until the bitter end today.  But there's hardly anyone here and a bunch are dropping like flies early (they have vacation or other arrangements).  

Tonight, I think we're taking DefConn to the movies.  Tomorrow, BIL/SIL/nephews will be here.  I think they have a lunch thing to do for Christmas with SIL's family.  Sunday, they're going to brunch with a good friend of BIL and then we're having another friend of BIL's over to watch football.  FIL might come over too.

I do need to cram in last minute grocery shopping and running cinnamon rolls to my parent's house for my family to have Christmas morning. I also want to stop at Trader Joe's for wine.  

I hope DefConn's teacher gifts made it to school intact.  I did my best to make sure they were wrapped well and in a good transport situation.  I also hope he brings my reusable bag back, but I'm OK with the loss if not.  ;) 
  • I have a million things to do today. Of course the washer is acting up. I’m going to try one more trick with it before I admit defeat and tell FI we have to contact someone for a repair. I also have to go to Costco and honey baked ham, both of which should be super serene places four days before Christmas/Eve. Good luck to everyone preparing and hosting this weekend! 

• Who thought a bday party 3 days before Christmas was a good idea?!?!? My computer forced updates and everything is just generally taking longer than it should. Grrrrrr. 
  • Our division leader decided today was “senior skip day” where no one comes to the office and we have an option lunch at a great downtown restaurant then everyone goes home. No one uses PTO & everything is optional. 

So I slept in, went for a run, now heading to lunch and then a little shopping. Not a bad way to end the week!
  • It's Friday and so far so good!   I'm a BUNDLE of nerves about Christmas and hosting and praying that any bugs skip us.   There's one in Chiquito's and one in Chiquita's school and I hate it when I can't control something.   It isn't in my nature and I told DH he may need to hug me and know that telling me to not be anxious is not the right course of action for him.   

Our new boiler equipment comes on the 26th and we'll see if we need to do an immediate install or if we're possibly able to hold off for a few months.   Regardless - it is what it is and if I have to shower at my MIL or spend some nights there whatever. 

• levioosa said:
    I have a million things to do today. Of course the washer is acting up. I’m going to try one more trick with it before I admit defeat and tell FI we have to contact someone for a repair. I also have to go to Costco and honey baked ham, both of which should be super serene places four days before Christmas/Eve. Good luck to everyone preparing and hosting this weekend! 

I am especially laughing at the great sarcasm because my biggest errand today is going to Trader Joe's.  Which will be equally "serene".

I have one of those BOGO coupon books for casual restaurants.  All the coupons expire at the end of the month so, while I'm in the suburbs, I'm calling for a bunch of to-go orders to use a few of my faves up before they expire.

A few other errands.  So, busy day.  But the rest of my weekend through Christmas is a whole lot of nothing!  Just lounging around the house.  I will try to gather some motivation and get some organizing done, lol.

If I'm not back on here before, I hope everyone who celebrates has a Merry Christmas! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Had a lovely morning in the office. We did a potluck breakfast, mimosas and a white elephant gift exchange. Plus we found out that the partners are going to start a 401k match in January (I work for a small start up brokerage and we have pretty bare bones benefits right now, despite being in the industry). That was the best Christmas gift of all. And one of the partners, who is pseudo HR, told me to not only take Christmas Eve off but also take Wednesday and Thursday to burn up some of the vacation time I have left. 

Still no word on Fred's seizures. My sister was kind enough to go to my house today and hang out with the dogs for a bit. They're having a blast with her and it comforts me to know that they're getting some company during the day.
  • I’m sending dh to Costco tomorrow for a bday cake. Oops!!!
  • Great news about your Dad @sparklepants41! That is the best Christmas gift! Fingers still crossed for Fred @cupcait927. Those of you headed to Costco and TJ good luck. H went to Costco on Wednesday afternoon and said it was a zoo. I stood in line at Kohl's for 45 mins on Weds!

I have the last batch of cookies in the oven. Next is the last bit of cleaning and laundry. DS2 arrives home this evening. Everyone else gets here tomorrow. I'll bake a cheesecake either tonight or tomorrow morning. 

If I'm not back on here, Merry Christmas everyone! 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2018
    Kroger was a zoo at lunch.  But I think I have everything for the weekend/Christmas except for wine and I'm planning to stop at TJ's for that tomorrow when I take cinnamon rolls to my parent's house.  My sister said Costco was ridic yesterday.  I bet all the stores are going to be non-stop from here until they close Christmas eve.

I think I just need to get one thing for my dad and then we are good to go on Christmas.  I have about 4 or 5 things left to wrap.  DH is on his own for my stuff.  I made sure there were plenty of gift bags left over.  :D  

DefConn's teacher sent a class pic and 2nd graders are just so stinking cute.  <3 
  • I meant to get to Costco exactly at ten and I made the mistake of getting here fifteen minutes after because I valued getting Starbucks first. That might have been a tactical error. Lol. 

• levioosa said:
    I meant to get to Costco exactly at ten and I made the mistake of getting here fifteen minutes after because I valued getting Starbucks first. That might have been a tactical error. Lol. 
    This is my plan for TJ’s tomorrow.  Get there when it opens.  We’ll see.

• I have to go to at least one store. Luckily we have a Meijer (are Meijers regional?) that's open 24 hours close to the house, so I'll either go there at like midnight or 6:00 am. 

I'm really hoping I can get everything there and I don't have to go to the Italian grocery chain we have. That place is a madhouse on any given day. I don't care to fight my way through there around the holidays. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Glad your dad is home @sparklepants41 :)

Last night was the kids’ Christmas concert and I cried through every song. A minute ago we clapped when they started crawling and now they’re getting on stage with friends, singing songs.  Proud moment.  My school’s last day was yesterday and kids’ was today so I had a productive day (despite like 8” of rain fall)...all gifts are wrapped, House is as decluttered as it’ll be for my ILs tomorrow, did my final grocery shopping for tomorrow and started to prep the meal.  

Good luck to everyone engaging to Costco, TJ, etc. battles!
  • I have to go to at least one store. Luckily we have a Meijer (are Meijers regional?) that's open 24 hours close to the house, so I'll either go there at like midnight or 6:00 am. 

I'm really hoping I can get everything there and I don't have to go to the Italian grocery chain we have. That place is a madhouse on any given day. I don't care to fight my way through there around the holidays. 
    Commenting way after the fact, lol.  I think Meijer is a big chain, but they must be somewhat regional.  I've heard of them, but have never seen one.  I don't think they're in the South or on the West coast.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm from MI so love Meijer, but we have none in TN (around me anyway)