New York-Long Island

Allegria Hotel review

Anyone had their wedding at Allegria hotel in Long Beach, L.I.?  I've heard mixed reviews, I'd like to hear both negatives and positive experiences.

Re: Allegria Hotel review

• edited December 2011

I haven't but I remember someone on here was looking into it a few months back and was having trouble with getting a hold of someone/ getting them to call back. I would look into it though if you like what you have seen dso far.

• edited December 2011
    I cant tell you anything about the reception location, I just know the rooms themselves are fairly small.  Everything was beautiful, just much smaller than I thought they would be. HTH
  • smsuziesmsuzie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look elsewhere!  My friend tried to book - had consultation - they never returned her calls.  You would think they wanted business.  If they don't get back to you why see people?
  • edited December 2011
    I was originally looking there and the bridge view as i live in atlantic beach. The allegria never returned my call and i was really impressed with Bridge view so i didn't bother with allegria. I figured a wedding is a lot of money i want them to work for my business not the other way around.  with that being said when I was booking hotels for out of town guest I booked a block of rooms at a hotel in rockville center with no problem I figured I would try allegria again, this time i received a return call about a week and a half later with some lady mumbling her email address and speaking really fast. overall i was not impressed with the way they handled any interaction i have had with them.
    I also read reviews on travel sites and restart reviews where people made a lot of bad comments about the food and service. I personally would look elsewhere.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kipektchikipektchi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We called them and made an appointment right away.  They are very expensive- approx. 300 per person.  To go from cocktail room/ceremony room all your guests would have to use 1 elevator to go back down.  That was one thing that I did like.  Also you are not even allowed to use their balcony because it is always used for public access as they have a pool.  I have been to bridgeview yacht club for my friend's and it was great!  Just the mirrors in the dining room were dirty lol!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards