New York-Long Island

bridal shower locations?

Hey everyone!

Just wondering if anyone out there has any experience planning a bridal shower on LI? We are looking to plan one on a semi tight budget for our friend.

Any affordable, nice restaurants in Nassau County?

Thanks in advance!

Re: bridal shower locations?

• edited December 2011
    What's your budget and how many people?  They held mine at Jani in RVC since they had a private room and it was pretty inexpensive.  
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • saram348saram348 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont know how much the budget was for mine bridal shower this past weekend but it was at Butera's in Woodbury, it was amazing! We had about 35 people and it was for lunch. We had the entire place to ourselves and a set menu and wonderful servers. Give them a call :)
  • edited December 2011

Not to sound cheesy or tacky, but for a tight budget, Chinese buffets are always great. Most have private rooms and obviously a huge variety of food. we held one there for my friend and it came out great. Everything all the food and drinks were included. We brought in our own cake and decorated however we wanted to and the staff was so easy going and helpful. It was so laid back everyone had a great time.

• TD2009TD2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey everyone!

Thanks so much for the responses...

Our budget is super tight. We need to spend less than 20 per person (hopefully including tax and tip)

Which buffets should we look at?

I will look into Jani for sure.

Thanks so much! If anyone has any other places in mind, send them my way!
  • edited December 2011
    The Chinese buffett in Airport Plaza in Farmingdale was like $12 per person and covered everything. food is good and the room holds like 50 people.
  • edited December 2011
    I had my cousins shower at a place called ELEANOR RIGBY'S in Mineola. Super Cheap... i'm not sure how many people you are looking for the place to hold. But this was really nice - and the food was really good.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • TD2009TD2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll totally look into it, thanks. 

We are looking to hold about 40-45 people.

Thanks again!
  • edited December 2011
    mother kelleys in cedahurst... or la parma in oceanside... not sure of the pricing, but both are fabulous! HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards