Attire & Accessories Forum

Linens and dresses?

We wanted our deco colors to be navy blue (maybe a bit lighter) and gold, but so far we found tuxes and dresses we love in more of a cobalt shade. Is it weird if the theme colors are gold and navy but the dresses and tuxes are a lighter shade of blue? 

Re: Linens and dresses?

• So by theme color do you mean your table clothes and napkins, flowers, and invitations? I really don't think people will notice (or care). Personally I'm not a fan of colored table clothes plus napkins (personal preference). I like white table clothes with colored napkins. 
  • As long as they're in the same familiy - things will look wonderful - don't overthink this!!  
  • We wanted our deco colors to be navy blue (maybe a bit lighter) and gold, but so far we found tuxes and dresses we love in more of a cobalt shade. Is it weird if the theme colors are gold and navy but the dresses and tuxes are a lighter shade of blue? 
    Quick, what were the colors of the linens of the last few weddings you attended? 

Like a chair - I'm more concerned with "present" than color...  (And NSJS - cream and red, white and powder blue, black and red, black and white...)
  • I'm not sure I love the idea of cobalt blue suits - I think navy suits with blue dresses would look better. 

I just can't envision this - can you help?

FWIW, my colors are also navy and light gold, my BMs are wearing navy, my groomsmen are wearing black tuxes with navy vests/bow ties, and my linens are ivory with navy napkins, though I'm including some pale blue in my bouquets