Wedding Woes

Almost Friday!

13»

Re: Almost Friday!

• I’m so sorry @mrsmitten! That really sucks. I hope you find something better soon.

That’s great news @eileenrob. Healing vibes continuing!

Sending healing vibes for Babypants, @sparklepants41! Hope you’re not getting sick too!

Sending healing vibes for you, @levioosa!

Happy belated birthday @mrsconn23!

DW said “Hell no,” to the airBnB idea. So we now have two options:

1. Use upstairs as a guest room and the spare bedroom as a study/craft room. Pros: No need to move furniture and upstairs has its own bathroom. Cons: We have guests so rarely that the space would be empty most of the time.
    2. Switch out the spare bed and the futon and use upstairs as a study/craft room and the spare bedroom as a guest room. Pros: More space to put all our paperwork, our computers, and my art and craft stuff. Cons: We have to move furniture.

Nice productive day at work today—no emergencies for the first time in months! There was actually a little daylight left when I got home. I took Mutt out for a walk (he thinks snow is the best thing ever, so that was fun) and grabbed a quick bite to eat. Now I’m trying to decide if I want to go back out or not. There’s a talk at the library about the history of American military interventions and how to balance military action with foreign policy. It sounds really interesting, but I’m so comfortable right now that I’m not sure I want to get back on the bus and head to the library. Plus I have stuff I have to do here at home.

Edited to add: I’m definitely going to do stuff at home instead. I have some writing I want to tinker with, and I really need to get ready for my book club discussion on Saturday.
    I’m always so amazed at your energy to do really interesting things after work. 

Today I came home, made/ate dinner, and googled how to move a piano. That’s it. 
    What is the best way to move a piano?
    Carefully and slowly is about all I’ve got so far!
    I was about to say “carefully and slowly.” 😂 also pianos really shouldn’t live near a ton of windows or doors (to the outside) that are frequently open. 

• levioosa said:
    I’m so sorry @mrsmitten! That really sucks. I hope you find something better soon.

Sending healing vibes for Babypants, @sparklepants41! Hope you’re not getting sick too!

1. Use upstairs as a guest room and the spare bedroom as a study/craft room. Pros: No need to move furniture and upstairs has its own bathroom. Cons: We have guests so rarely that the space would be empty most of the time.
    2. Switch out the spare bed and the futon and use upstairs as a study/craft room and the spare bedroom as a guest room. Pros: More space to put all our paperwork, our computers, and my art and craft stuff. Cons: We have to move furniture.

Nice productive day at work today—no emergencies for the first time in months! There was actually a little daylight left when I got home. I took Mutt out for a walk (he thinks snow is the best thing ever, so that was fun) and grabbed a quick bite to eat. Now I’m trying to decide if I want to go back out or not. There’s a talk at the library about the history of American military interventions and how to balance military action with foreign policy. It sounds really interesting, but I’m so comfortable right now that I’m not sure I want to get back on the bus and head to the library. Plus I have stuff I have to do here at home.

Edited to add: I’m definitely going to do stuff at home instead. I have some writing I want to tinker with, and I really need to get ready for my book club discussion on Saturday.

I was about to say “carefully and slowly.” 😂 also pianos really shouldn’t live near a ton of windows or doors (to the outside) that are frequently open. 
    Haha exactly! 

We don’t own one now but we’re trying to get one and figure out if we can give it a new home. 
  • I’m so sorry @mrsmitten! That really sucks. I hope you find something better soon.

My ex H actually worked for a piano moving company while we were together. It's a very technical process! 
    Yeah this seems pretty difficult. We’re trying to figure out if we can move it with a group of people or if we have to hire movers. 
  • If the piano is currently tuned, I would absolutely not move it yourself. Even if it isn't, I'd use professional movers. 

My sister finally took her childhood piano from my mom's house a couple years ago. It probably hadn't been tuned since like 1993 but she used movers because I think you can really fuck up a piano if you don't know what you're doing.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2019
    Oh no, Kimmi!  It looks like it’s 2 months for sure?  They’ll hire you back then?  Will you always be furlough’d in Jan/Feb/Marchish? 

OWK - you live in a cold area don’t you?  How do you not come in, and decide to stay in? It’s like my permaplan for winter. Once I’m home.  I’m home.

• I would definitely use professional piano movers with insurance, especially if the piano you buy is of good quality. Pianos can be very delicate. I’ve also seen regular movers drop a piano off a moving truck so I have extra anxiety where moving pianos is concerned. 

• Oh no, Kimmi!  It looks like it’s 2 months for sure?  They’ll hire you back then?  Will you always be furlough’d in Jan/Feb/Marchish? 

OWK - you live in a cold area don’t you?  How do you not come in, and decide to stay in? It’s like my permaplan for winter. Once I’m home.  I’m home.
    He's hoping for a April 1st return date, I told him I needed something in writing with my return date and returning pay and that I couldn't guarantee I'd be available when he's ready.

He says if we get to this point next year he's closing the company.  Friend/Boss and I both applied for new jobs last night.
  • I had no idea piano moving business was a thing. It looks so easy on cartoons, minus it usually getting dropped on someone's head of course
  • Oh no, Kimmi!  It looks like it’s 2 months for sure?  They’ll hire you back then?  Will you always be furlough’d in Jan/Feb/Marchish? 

Being without a car has definitely made me less interested in leaving the house when I don’t have to. 
  • levioosa said:
    I’m so sorry @mrsmitten! That really sucks. I hope you find something better soon.

And never left them from under the keyboard!