Wedding Invitations & Paper

Hotel Reservations

When we sent out our save the dates we included hotel information in case anyone wanted to book early which a lot of people have. When we sent it out we included that if anyone plans on paying with a credit card they had a fill out a credit card authorization form and send it back to the hotel. One of my guests asked me today if they had to mail it, fax it, or email it so I talked to the venue and apparently that form is only required for large groups even though the contract we signed as otherwise. So if one person is paying for a bunch of other people then it is required. I have had some people inquire about the form, but others have not. Should I notify everyone that the form is not required or just tell them if they ask me. If you think I should notify everyone how would you recommend doing so. Email, telephone call, simply just updating our wedding website, or some other way? 

Re: Hotel Reservations

• When we sent out our save the dates we included hotel information in case anyone wanted to book early which a lot of people have. When we sent it out we included that if anyone plans on paying with a credit card they had a fill out a credit card authorization form and send it back to the hotel. One of my guests asked me today if they had to mail it, fax it, or email it so I talked to the venue and apparently that form is only required for large groups even though the contract we signed as otherwise. So if one person is paying for a bunch of other people then it is required. I have had some people inquire about the form, but others have not. Should I notify everyone that the form is not required or just tell them if they ask me. If you think I should notify everyone how would you recommend doing so. Email, telephone call, simply just updating our wedding website, or some other way? 
    I would direct anyone who asks to contact the hotel directly. It's nice to set up a block, but you really don't have to get involved with people booking their rooms. They're adults; they can figure it out. 

As a guest, no way in hell would I fill out a credit card authorization form and mail it to a hotel. I'll book hotels online, but asking for something like that would have me booking elsewhere. 
    Yeah, I thought the form was a very weird thing, but was just going based on the contract they had us sign. I guess the contract should have been clearer. I will probably just update my website and if people contact me about booking a room I will tell them just to contact the hotel. Unfortunately, they do not have the option to allow people to book online for a wedding. They have it for people that are just staying at the hotel, but not as part of a wedding. I am hoping no one tries to do it that way because the prices for that time of year are mid $200 and we got them for $165. 
  • When we sent out our save the dates we included hotel information in case anyone wanted to book early which a lot of people have. When we sent it out we included that if anyone plans on paying with a credit card they had a fill out a credit card authorization form and send it back to the hotel. One of my guests asked me today if they had to mail it, fax it, or email it so I talked to the venue and apparently that form is only required for large groups even though the contract we signed as otherwise. So if one person is paying for a bunch of other people then it is required. I have had some people inquire about the form, but others have not. Should I notify everyone that the form is not required or just tell them if they ask me. If you think I should notify everyone how would you recommend doing so. Email, telephone call, simply just updating our wedding website, or some other way? 
    I would direct anyone who asks to contact the hotel directly. It's nice to set up a block, but you really don't have to get involved with people booking their rooms. They're adults; they can figure it out. 

As a guest, no way in hell would I fill out a credit card authorization form and mail it to a hotel. I'll book hotels online, but asking for something like that would have me booking elsewhere. 
    Yeah, I thought the form was a very weird thing, but was just going based on the contract they had us sign. I guess the contract should have been clearer. I will probably just update my website and if people contact me about booking a room I will tell them just to contact the hotel. Unfortunately, they do not have the option to allow people to book online for a wedding. They have it for people that are just staying at the hotel, but not as part of a wedding. I am hoping no one tries to do it that way because the prices for that time of year are mid $200 and we got them for $165. 
    That's what I'm saying. The form sounds almost shady. I would be more likely to book online for a higher price than do this form. Or really, I'd just stay someplace else. 

That’s so weird. I wonder what the logic is?

That’s so weird. I wonder what the logic is?
    That is a great question. Then I feel terrible because my fiance's cousin is handicapped and we forgot to make sure that they had a handicapped room included in our room block so all of the handicapped rooms are booked currently so they are currently on a waiting list in case a room becomes available. 
  • ^^^Is there another hotel with a guaranteed handicap room? If so, I'd reserve that ASAP just so that your FI's cousin has a place to stay.
  • edited March 2019
    maine7mob said:
    ^^^Is there another hotel with a guaranteed handicap room? If so, I'd reserve that ASAP just so that your FI's cousin has a place to stay.
    I spoke to the cousin and his mom (FI's aunt) about it and they booked a regular hotel room. I told her that there is another hotel 0.2 miles from our hotel that they could see if they had handicap rooms available and his aunt's response was "We reserved a regular room in your block. They will move us at the same rate to a handicapped room if one becomes available. We will be at the same hotel." I felt awful and apologized numerous times.