Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Any Unique Bridal Shower Ideas Out There?

Hello my fellow brides,

I know bridal showers in restaurants with the typical food, games, and present-opening format is pretty standard, but I'd love to do something outside the box. Also, I'd love for my ladies to not break the bank throwing this thing for me. Has anyone heard of, been to, or thrown any unique bridal shower options?

Side note: I only anticipating having about 25 guests tops. 

Thanks loves,
Stephanie

Re: Any Unique Bridal Shower Ideas Out There?

• Options
    Hello my fellow brides,

I know bridal showers in restaurants with the typical food, games, and present-opening format is pretty standard, but I'd love to do something outside the box. Also, I'd love for my ladies to not break the bank throwing this thing for me. Has anyone heard of, been to, or thrown any unique bridal shower options?

Side note: I only anticipating having about 25 guests tops. 

Thanks loves,
    Stephanie
    Please don't get involved in planning your own shower. This is not your fish to fry.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    You’re on the right track not wanting your friends to break the bank.  I’d leave input to guest list and what days don’t work for you- I’m currently cohosting a Shower for my youngest sister at the end of the month, and if she told me she wanted something outside the box I’d feel a bit stressed to make that happen.  I’m not of much help bc the best showers I’ve attended have been what you described- at restaurants. Delicious food courses, an open bar and sitting with guests I like is really all I need to have a great time. 

As far as games/activities, I prefer low-effort (all guests reach under their chair, the guest at each table with a cork taped to the chair wins a bottle of champagne) to something involved (everyone listens as the bride to be answers questions about her FI).  What does stand out as unique/special is when the bride/mom-to-be makes one-on-one time with each guest at a Shower, just catching up. 
  • Options
    I've never been invited to a shower in a restaurant. In my world, they're always at someone's house. It's more intimate, but also much cheaper.

Either way, you shouldn't have anything to do with shower planning. If someone offers to throw you a shower, they will decide on an appropriate budget and plan from there. Not your place to get involved. 
  • Options
    You really shouldn't be planning your own bridal shower. Leave that up to whoever offers to throw you one. Agree with a PP that if I was told the bride wanted a unique shower, I'd be stressed. 
  • Options
    These are people who love you and care about you. Give them a guest list and potential dates, and trust their judgment.
  • Options
    I've never been invited to a shower in a restaurant. In my world, they're always at someone's house. It's more intimate, but also much cheaper.

Either way, you shouldn't have anything to do with shower planning. If someone offers to throw you a shower, they will decide on an appropriate budget and plan from there. Not your place to get involved. 
    Me too! I didn't realize it was often done any other way, until I started hanging out on these boards, lol.

OP, I agree with the other PPs.  This isn't a party you are throwing, it is a party a loved one are throwing for you.  Your heart is in the right place that you don't want them bending over backwards or spending too much money for your shower.  But it's up to them to work out the details.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker