Wedding Woes
Options

Ash Wednesday

I deleted Facebook from my phone for Lent, although I should really give up carbs    :D

It finally hit 20 degrees here.  Anyone else ready for spring?!  

Re: Ash Wednesday

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I’m so ready for spring! We got a couple inches of snow overnight. The roads were clear, but getting to work was still a drag. I was on time, though.

I took 10 minutes to meditate and do my daily recovery readings, and I’m playing some meditation music at my desk. So far I’ve seen a little improvement in my mood.

ETA: DW gets her replacement VA check next Wednesday! Yay!
  • Options
    Ugh! Dragging big-time after my 4-day weekend.  So happy to have had the time off, so hateful to be back at work, lol.  I'm extra annoyed also.  It was already going to be a busy day.  And then I got dumped an extra large and unusual project.  While I realize the timing can't be helped, I'm like, "WTF. Really?!?!"  Murphy's Law is the worst, lol.

But, overall, it's a good day.  Now that Mardi Gras has left, leaving only it's trash behind lol, life should be getting back to normal.  It's a relief.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I should delete FB off my phone too, honestly. I always just end up annoyed. 

It's cold. We're supposed to get more snow this weekend. 

Our puppy (who is not really a puppy anymore) is getting neutered tomorrow. 
  • Options
    It is absolutely pouring here and it’s making it hard for me to find the motivation for the gym.  I have school today. I’m pretty tired from yesterday. It was a lot of peopling. Tomorrow I’m supposed to have breakfast with bff and our other friend and then go on a hike with FSIL if it isn’t raining. 

• Options
    Taking my car in today for some recall work. I also have some warning lights going off - they shouldn't be. They'll have to check those out too! Ugh! It's still cold  but at least it is sunny. I'm so over this weather. Today is DS2's birthday. We won't see him until we are all together in SC later this month. He is 25 and this is the first time I won't see him for his birthday!  
  • Options
    I have been deactivating FB for the most part.  I reactivate it in the am, just b/c I like to see the memories, but for right now, I need the break.  I've been pretty good about staying off of it.  I still like writing little nuggets into the void, so I started using Twitter again, but I think i only have like...3 IRL friends on it and I doubt anyone actually pays attention.  So, it's filled the need.  I do like getting news from Twitter, but it's still a trash fire too.

My co-worker and I have been talking about float trips this morning.  I'm so finished with winter.

My lease has come up for renewal.  For some reason, I'm reluctant to do it, but IDK why.  Pros:  1650 square feet, 2 spots in enclosed parking garage, internet included (boon for this cablefree family), great location, great management company, passcode required to enter building, small tenant size (about 25 apartments)/Cons: sometimes noisy, not going out downtown as much so location doesn't matter, no pool, no balcony.  But to get a pool and/or balcony at the same price point, I give up a minimum of 20% square footage, parking garage, location, unknown management, way more units (like 100+), far less security, for basically same price.  So..it's dumb not to resign.  But I haven't done it yet.  IDK, I'm poking around in my brain, trying to figure this one out.

My brain is just broken right now and I'm exhausted.  Decisions in general are just hard.  
  • Options
    I deleted the FB app and it’s changed my world. I still check in occasionally but I spend so much less time on there. 

Im meeting a friend out for dinner tonight; we used to be super close, and she was my MOH but some really bad things happened around my wedding with her (some ppl will probably remember) and we were not friends for a while. Since we’ve moved we’ve been working things out; she apologized for what went down and I forgave her so we’re reconnecting. So we’re getting fancy pizza and wine tonight!
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    I have been deactivating FB for the most part.  I reactivate it in the am, just b/c I like to see the memories, but for right now, I need the break.  I've been pretty good about staying off of it.  I still like writing little nuggets into the void, so I started using Twitter again, but I think i only have like...3 IRL friends on it and I doubt anyone actually pays attention.  So, it's filled the need.  I do like getting news from Twitter, but it's still a trash fire too.

My co-worker and I have been talking about float trips this morning.  I'm so finished with winter.

My lease has come up for renewal.  For some reason, I'm reluctant to do it, but IDK why.  Pros:  1650 square feet, 2 spots in enclosed parking garage, internet included (boon for this cablefree family), great location, great management company, passcode required to enter building, small tenant size (about 25 apartments)/Cons: sometimes noisy, not going out downtown as much so location doesn't matter, no pool, no balcony.  But to get a pool and/or balcony at the same price point, I give up a minimum of 20% square footage, parking garage, location, unknown management, way more units (like 100+), far less security, for basically same price.  So..it's dumb not to resign.  But I haven't done it yet.  IDK, I'm poking around in my brain, trying to figure this one out.

My brain is just broken right now and I'm exhausted.  Decisions in general are just hard.  
    You could request to the PM staying at the unit, but on a month-to-month lease. There's a good chance they won't be open to that if it's not how they normally do things.  But it doesn't hurt to ask and, if they agree, you still have the flexibility to leave when you want, with only whatever notice is required in your lease.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    I
    You could request to the PM staying at the unit, but on a month-to-month lease. There's a good chance they won't be open to that if it's not how they normally do things.  But it doesn't hurt to ask and, if they agree, you still have the flexibility to leave when you want, with only whatever notice is required in your lease.
    Oh, they will and it's HELLA expensive.  I think they add on an extra $200-$300.  Which, I really don't blame them.  And I don't have a reason not to sign.  It's the best use of our money as the pro/con shows.  I think I have an itch to just GTFO of this city and we have a 2-3 year plan to do it, but I want to do it NOW NOW NOW.  I'm positive it's just part of the depression and I'll sign it...when I have to.  :D:smile:
  • Options
    Varuna staying put sounds like the best idea. For me the biggest con would be potentially losing the parking garage. That is a deal breaker for me as long as you are living in a place with cold weather.
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    Varuna staying put sounds like the best idea. For me the biggest con would be potentially losing the parking garage. That is a deal breaker for me as long as you are living in a place with cold weather.
    Yep.  As far as I could tell, I'm in one of only 2 places that actually has a full enclosed garage with the complex (and both are downtown).  The other have carports, but it's not the same.  I don't even have to go outside in the rough weather.  It's a luxury both K and I completely appreciate, especially when it's 3 degrees in the morning!