Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday Flu-sday

My oldest has the flu  :#. She hadn’t been herself since Sunday morning, she stayed home from school yesterday (H was off) and yesterday evening she was saying her eye hurt.  Her eyes were kind of glassy so I took her to a nearby Urgent Care to rule out pink eye and poor thing has the flu.  The tamiflu has kicked in, I’ve asked to stop jumping on the couch like 17 times already today..or maybe it’s just youth. But I’m home on nurse duty today.  How’s everyone else?

Re: Tuesday Flu-sday

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Awwww. I’m sorry. This year has been so bad!  Im
    sirting at the dentist with my littlest. This week sucks. The logistics are wearing me down. I lost it on my 10 yo:( and sniped at my husband. 

He’s got a networking event today so fingers crossed it goes well. 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry!   The daycare's fighting case after case of the flu and I am just crossing our fingers.   We are all vaccinated but this year's dose appears to be SO ineffective. 

• Options
    Awww I hope everyone feels better!

Continued good thoughts and vibes for your dad, Levi!!

We have three showings today. Poor H and the dog have to just sit at my dad's house (he's out of town) all day. He's still in a lot of pain but trying not to take the painkillers so he can drive (and poop). I am too stressed. I need to start using my old coping techniques. I also need to understand that the buyers of our house will not be living there WITH us so I do not need all of our things to be completely perfectly clean and organized. 

I finally have a project at work that thankfully should take up a lot of my day. It feels like a Stones kind of day so I'm glad I remembered my ipod (old phone). 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Sounds like the flu is still making its rounds. Hope she feels better soon and no one else gets it. 

Yesterday's sun and warm(er) temps were so nice. I saw so many kids out at a park on my drive home. Baby B wanted to play outside after day care for a bit which was nice although we just don't have a lot of time before dinner. 

I might try to run tonight. I haven't run in forever because it can only be outside and I'd rather be warm in the gym in the winter. It will be rough but I'm going to try.
  • Options

@eileenrob, good luck with your LO's flu.  I hope she continues to start feeling better.

@ShesSoCold, good luck with the showings today!

I had a nice, albeit busy night, last night.  After work, I met an aspiring real estate investor for coffee.  We had a great, lively discussion about real estate for almost two hours!  Then I went grocery shopping, because Winn-Dixie was conveniently in the same strip mall.  I was really surprised my H had waited up for me before having dinner.  But, he had, and we threw the frozen fried shrimp I'd bought into the oven.  Hardly a fancy dinner, but it was quick and still delicious with tartar sauce, lol.

I also bought marinated pork loins and told my H this morning that he needed to cook one of those up for dinner.  Since our outside freezer died, we've been really low on food because the fact that I now need to make more trips to the grocery store has not sunk in yet, lol.  I'm excited to have a dinner that comes out of the refrigerator instead of the pantry, ie canned soup or chili.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh man, hope all of you with sick kiddos stay healthy and they feel better soon! 

Not much here; I’m supposed to meet friends for happy hour tonight and I want to bail, but I bailed last time and I really don’t want to do that again. But I also have slept terribly the last two nights and just want to crash. I’ll stay for a hour and jet out early. 

Anyone with kids; my sister asked for toddler barrettes  for my nieces birthday, she has super curly hair. Anyone have recommendations?
  • Options
    Yeah I hear the cold/flu is still making it’s rounds! Yet, another reason for spring. Is that coming?  I mean... it’s gotta come, right?

i had plans to cook last night but ate my H’s souviner chocolates/candy instead (I haven’t seen him since the 3rd!) since I brought him back a lot and he wouldn’t even know.  It filled me up. Plus left me with no dishes.  I’ll do better today. 

• Options

Ugh, count me in as another flu victim.  Thought it was just a sinus issue that came up Friday afternoon, but I was super sick all weekend and was out yesterday too.  Feeling definitely better today but not 100%. 

Nothing exciting to report since I was on the couch the last 3 days.  Hoping to kick this completely by the time we leave for NY on Friday.

• Options
    Can I add that changing the clocks in the middle of flu season is about the dumbest fucking thing ever? 

What we DON'T need is to lose an hour of sleep when our bodies need it the most. 
  • Options
    You guys are making me nervous with this flu talk.

H has had a sore throat that we thought was from the breathing tube from his procedure Friday. But he's getting stuffy too and that's way too long to have a sore throat from the tube. Poor dude. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

Charlotte - I found this place and the bows are super cute, she ships quick and free shipping if you spend $25. https://www.etsy.com/search?q=BowBravo

Hope those battling the flu get better quickly and it does not spread further around your houses! 

Yesterday was such a nice day!  I got out for walks during my lunch and with DD after dinner.  I put her in the stroller and took Olive with us.  It took Olive a bit to stop pulling her leash, she's always so excited the first few walks of the year!  LOL!  But DD kept looking around with a big smile, so I know she had fun!  H got home from karate just in time for DDs bedtime.  She was so happy to see him!

This morning, DD was a bit cranky and stuffy.  She's been stuffy, but I think the cranky is the time change starting to hit.  If her sniffles aren't better by Thursday, we will head to the doctor.  Fingers crossed she begins to get better!  Daycare should have afternoon playtime on the playground, so I know the fresh air will do her good!

Not much tonight, but maybe we can get a family walk in again!

• Options
    Damn, Aunt Becky getting arrested for wire fraud! 
  • Options
    Sending healing vibes to everyone who’s sick!

It’s day two of shark week. I’m dealing with cramps, which is no fun. So far, no food cravings though.

DW’s VA check finally showed up! She took care of all the bills, and she’s taking care of the rent today. She gets her SSDI check tomorrow, so we’re set.

Otherwise, SSDD. Just when I think I’m getting caught up, I get more work. I hate that feeling.

• Options
    I'm sorry for all those sick! My mom had the flu, and she was feeling better super fast after taking Tamiflu. 

I had to get another silver filling replaced yesterday in a back molar. My jaw is so freaking sore today. Other than that, SSDD. 
  • Options
    I've been working my butt off at work, super focused and moving a lot of stuff.  Which is great, but it also means I'm creating more and more work to track.  Oh well, job security.

SSDD.  I think we might try and see Captain Marvel this weekend, but really I'm just trying to settle in at home and nest a bit.  No meetings, no events, nothing for me to do.  It's really weird, but I'm trying hard to just relax into it.
  • Options
    The flu is definitely hitting late this season. Last year was hell. We had ICU holds in the ER, overflow on different floors, ambulances backed up at hospitals because there was nowhere to drop off the patients. It’s not nearly that bad this year, but it seemed like it picked up a lot more in mid February. Whatever virus (non-flu) that’s going around is also really rough. Not quite as bad as the flu but man do you feel like shit for a few days and then you’re left with this awful lingering cough for weeks. I think a lot of people think they have the flu with but it’s just another virus that sucks. I hope everyone feels better!

@ShesSoCold OTC colace works pretty well for mild opioid induced constipation. 

My dad spent the night in the ICU after his stent placement yesterday. Obviously the best unit in the hospital (we’ve been on every unit now). Plus it was so much more peaceful and he had his own room. He was anxious to leave and I told him if he had to stay somewhere overnight, he would much rather be in the ICU. He was in slightly better spirits. Still scared. My mom was falling apart a little bit yesterday, I think because “the worst” is over and she didn’t have to hold it together as much. My test at school tomorrow has been postponed and I feel so relieved. I don’t think I have it in me to sit for an exam right now. I’m going to the hospital today and hopefully my dad will be discharged. Good thing I have a vacation to look forward to. This is all exhausting. 

• Options
    I saw that - and Felicity Huffman too! I read the affidavit. I'm disgusted. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    I saw it too!

I am not the least bit surprised.   People with money will pay money to get what they want.   

The much larger issue IMO is not the celebrity arrest but that SAT/ACT administrators and proctors and that coaches and college administrators are now implicated which gets to now call the legitimacy of the school/coach or the standardized test into question.

Yale is a 30 minute drive away so the local news is going to have a field day with this.
    Bolded: Exactly this. 

Harvard is right up the street so our local media will be running amok with this as well. Plus one of the people indicted lives just north of Boston. 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Continued good vibes to your dad and family @levioosa, hope you feel better before your NYC weekend @Casadena and glad your tailbone isn’t broken @sparklepants41!  

Thanks everyone.  DD did receive the flu vaccine and i’m hoping it lessens her symptoms (so far it seems that way).  
  • Options

Leviosa - I'm glad that your dad is doing ok and stent placement seemed to go well too.  Continued prayers for his full recovery! 

SSC - I was going to recommend Colace to your DH too - I forgot in my first post.  TMI - It worked wonders for my scary post-baby poops!

And I too am shocked, but not shocked by the college scandal.  I can't believe the efforts people went to in all aspects of this scandal.  I also wonder how the trickle down effect will be on SAT and ACT scores impacting college acceptances now that people in all areas of their orgs have been implicated in the scandal too.

And also in the too much money on your hands is a bad thing news: An 82 year old billionaire just put his portrait and his new wife's portrait on the sides of a building in NYC.  Just to embarrass his ex-wife.  He seems to be a little mad that a jugde ruled he had to divide his martial assets with his first wife of 50 some years!  So his revenge was putting up the pictures on the side of a building.

• Options
    Colace, noted! Thank you!! I did get him a generic stool softener and then a different OTC laxative when that didn't work. He's doing better but I will keep Colace in mind!

We already have someone coming back tomorrow for a second showing. I am trying not to get too excited. 
  • Options
    My thought on the college scandal is so you pay all that money to get your kid in and what if they can't handle the academics? Are they going to pay off the college for 4+ years? I don't know that the colleges would all go for that?
  • Options
    My thought on the college scandal is so you pay all that money to get your kid in and what if they can't handle the academics? Are they going to pay off the college for 4+ years? I don't know that the colleges would all go for that?
    Apparently Lori Laughlin’s daughter didn’t even care about going to college. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/tv/lori-loughlin-daughter-olivia-jade-apologized-school/amp/
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    I saw it too!

I am not the least bit surprised.   People with money will pay money to get what they want.   

The much larger issue IMO is not the celebrity arrest but that SAT/ACT administrators and proctors and that coaches and college administrators are now implicated which gets to now call the legitimacy of the school/coach or the standardized test into question.

Yale is a 30 minute drive away so the local news is going to have a field day with this.

Harvard is right up the street so our local media will be running amok with this as well. Plus one of the people indicted lives just north of Boston. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    I saw it too!

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    kvruns said:
    I can't believe the amount of $$. Felicity Huffman was $15K, and this is $500K. Like woah. Donate that to the school and I bet they'll let your kids in!
    That’s the craziest part to me.  Everyone knows that rich people have access to elite schools in ways the rest of us don’t (from $50,000 Montessori preschools to top test prep courses, and everything in between..not to mention being generous alum or non-alum donors).  The secret side door aspect of this really sickens me.