Wedding Woes
Options

Hump Day

And I’m going to need explanations, scientific only, as to why this week is going so slow. 

Re: Hump Day

• Options
    I think it's psychological.   We know that the weather this weekend is supposed to be warmer - at least here in the NE.   And therefore it's like walking through sand to get through the week.
  • Options
    I was thinking the same thing! It feels like Thursday, at least! 

I don't think we have anything going on tonight. Which is glorious. I feel like it's been forever since we didn't have SOMETHING to do after work. I just need to cook the salmon cakes I defrosted and then I can be on the couch in my pajamas by like 7. 

I counted the items that the buyer wanted fixed or a credit for on our inspection letter - 52. We're fixing 33 of them. So that feels/looks like a lot. Hopefully they'll agree shortly and we can get rolling on the radon testing and appraisal. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    School today. I am dreading the next three days of work, where it looks like once again I’ll get zero lunch or break time. I guess the only silver lining will be the extra pay for those hours. For some reason I have been beyond exhausted this week. I’m hoping I perk up enough to make it through to Sunday. 

@mrsconn23 Newport Beach is one of my favorite beaches. And if you have time you should go next door to Huntington Beach and visit Fred’s. They have great margaritas. 

• Options
    Last night my dance instructor told me I was “clearly a dancer but need to work on my Latin spice” does this justify Chipotle for lunch?
    Yeah!  That's exactly what it means, lmao!

@CharmedPam, I thought yesterday was Thurs. and had to check myself, lol.

@ShesSoCold, That's a lot!  Even if you all aren't doing bigger ticket items (no new driveway and sidewalk for you, buyer).

For the first house I ever did an inspection on, I also gave them a long list, but I felt justified in that because I gave them their offer price which was on the high side.  They only agreed to a few things and I accepted that.  But then fixed some of the items they had refused to fix anyway, lol.  Oh, you know, "minor" details like a LIVE electrical wire that was lying on the ground under the house (it was a raised house).  You're welcome my inspector caught something that could have burnt your property down.  At any rate, I ended up not going through with the purchase for other reasons.  It was a multi, but would have been my first personal home also.  I was severely bummed at the time, but it turned out to be a major blessing, in disguise.  The personal duplex I did buy worked out better for me, in many ways.

If anyone is looking to buy a house in the next 1-2 years, I ran across what appears to be an amazing program called NACA.  It's a non-profit whose goal is "Economic Justice for Home Ownership", ie affordable home ownership.  I'm not sure everything involved to successfully complete the program, but my real estate investing forum said it is about a one year long process.  However, the rewards are no down payment, no closing costs, no points/fees, no credit score consideration (other qualifiers are looked at), and below market fixed rates for a 15-year or 30-year loan.  Currently at less than 3.5%.

The qualifications are either the potential homeowner needs to earn less than the average income for their area.  Or, if the homeowner's income is higher than that, the property needs to be in a MSA (Metropolitan Statistical Area) Priority.  Alas, I couldn't find a link for their MSA Priority cities/areas.  But here is the link to the program's website:

https://www.naca.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

MrsConn - That is awesome for both DefConn and a trip to Newport Beach!

SSC - Those are some of the best days!  Have you guys started to look for a place to live in Montana?  Narrowed down which area you want to live? 

Last night was good.  Got home and H made pizza.  He overcooked it by a minute, but the pizza was still yummy!  Then we went out for our bulked food shopping trip.  So it was a busy night but fun.   

Tonight is yoga after work, then home.  I've missed yoga for 2 weeks, so I'm very excited to get back!  Even though I have a weird thing going on with my thumb and elbow! 

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    That’s an interesting program @short+sassy!  Trip sounds awesome @mrsconn23 and yes Chipotle should do the trick @STARMOON44 and maybe a margarita for good measure...what kind of dancing? Salsa, bachata?  

Going through the motions at work...beyond excited that the best show currently on television (IMO, lol) is finally starting up again tonight.  Jane the Virgin...fifth and final season.  Season four’s cliffhanger was insane and happened last April so I don’t wish as hard for Friday as I do for 9pm EST.
  • Options

MrsConn - That is awesome for both DefConn and a trip to Newport Beach!

SSC - Those are some of the best days!  Have you guys started to look for a place to live in Montana?  Narrowed down which area you want to live? 

Last night was good.  Got home and H made pizza.  He overcooked it by a minute, but the pizza was still yummy!  Then we went out for our bulked food shopping trip.  So it was a busy night but fun.   

Tonight is yoga after work, then home.  I've missed yoga for 2 weeks, so I'm very excited to get back!  Even though I have a weird thing going on with my thumb and elbow! 

We rented an Air BnB for the first month so we can scope out the rentals in the area. We have a hold on a brand new apartment but can back out if we find something better. Thanks for asking! 

I haven't made pizza in too long. You may have inspired me to do that tomorrow! 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Last night my dance instructor told me I was “clearly a dancer but need to work on my Latin spice” does this justify Chipotle for lunch?
    Yeah!  That's exactly what it means, lmao!

@CharmedPam, I thought yesterday was Thurs. and had to check myself, lol.

@ShesSoCold, That's a lot!  Even if you all aren't doing bigger ticket items (no new driveway and sidewalk for you, buyer).

For the first house I ever did an inspection on, I also gave them a long list, but I felt justified in that because I gave them their offer price which was on the high side.  They only agreed to a few things and I accepted that.  But then fixed some of the items they had refused to fix anyway, lol.  Oh, you know, "minor" details like a LIVE electrical wire that was lying on the ground under the house (it was a raised house).  You're welcome my inspector caught something that could have burnt your property down.  At any rate, I ended up not going through with the purchase for other reasons.  It was a multi, but would have been my first personal home also.  I was severely bummed at the time, but it turned out to be a major blessing, in disguise.  The personal duplex I did buy worked out better for me, in many ways.

If anyone is looking to buy a house in the next 1-2 years, I ran across what appears to be an amazing program called NACA.  It's a non-profit whose goal is "Economic Justice for Home Ownership", ie affordable home ownership.  I'm not sure everything involved to successfully complete the program, but my real estate investing forum said it is about a one year long process.  However, the rewards are no down payment, no closing costs, no points/fees, no credit score consideration (other qualifiers are looked at), and below market fixed rates for a 15-year or 30-year loan.  Currently at less than 3.5%.

The qualifications are either the potential homeowner needs to earn less than the average income for their area.  Or, if the homeowner's income is higher than that, the property needs to be in a MSA (Metropolitan Statistical Area) Priority.  Alas, I couldn't find a link for their MSA Priority cities/areas.  But here is the link to the program's website:

https://www.naca.com/
    We did NACA with our new house. It’s grrat, but we had a lot of headaches with all the work we had done because departments don’t talk to each other there, but there are some significant benefits. We also did it before they changed the policies (particular income and area policies), but if anyone has any specific questions I can answer them! 

It didnt take take us a year; I think from the first meeting to approval was only a month or two. And our closing time didn’t change at all. 
  • Options
    Not much here. H is sick. The cat puked on the bed half an hour before my alarm and everything at work has taken longer than it should have today. 
  • Options
    @mrsmitten, where in Arizona?  I've been to Tucson many times (used to have a good friend there) and Sedona.  Though, oddly enough, I've never been to Phoenix.  Most of AZ is pretty desert-y, but I think the desert has its own type of beauty.  Phoenix has become a major growth city 

Fun fact.  The Saguaro Cactus, those tall cacti that are "symbols" of a desert scene in cartoons/movies/drawings, actually only grow in the Sonoran Desert (small part of CA, Southern Arizona and Northern Mexico).  They are a really neat and unusual looking plant.  Hopefully you get a chance to see one, if you haven't already.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    That’s an interesting program @short+sassy!  Trip sounds awesome @mrsconn23 and yes Chipotle should do the trick @STARMOON44 and maybe a margarita for good measure...what kind of dancing? Salsa, bachata?  

Going through the motions at work...beyond excited that the best show currently on television (IMO, lol) is finally starting up again tonight.  Jane the Virgin...fifth and final season.  Season four’s cliffhanger was insane and happened last April so I don’t wish as hard for Friday as I do for 9pm EST.
    Rumba, and I actually think a margarita would help!
  • Options
    Third day in a row with no emergencies, but the social workers are being extra clueless today AND the managing attorney who hates me is here (our office’s managing attorney is at a conference).

Also, Monday I injured my neck walking Mutt. DW insisted on driving me to the ER Monday night, and we were there till 11:00 for them to tell me I had a cervical strain. I did get prescriptions for naproxen and a muscle relaxer, and they’re helping some.

On the plus side, we adopted another dog. Her former owner was being evicted and the landlady couldn’t keep her. My friend who used to live there wanted to keep her, but Lady and her BF’s dog hate each other. So we have a new family member. The dogs love each other even if they have to jockey for position on the bed at night. Diva met Lady and meowed at her but didn’t hiss. The Dude and Pinball were just like, “Yeah, whatever.”
  • Options
    OWK - What a cutie!  Congrats on the new fur-baby!
  • Options
    Oh she's a beaut, OWK! Congrats!
  • Options
    @OurWildKingdom, yay new puppers!  You all are awesome people for taking her in.  That's an extra bonus that she and Mutt are already besties.  So sweet!

If Diva is a self-confident Alpha Queen like my cat, I'm sure she looks on the new subject in her realm with disdain, but will hardly concern herself with peasants, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Glad you’re feeling better OWK and what a precious pup! 
  • Options
    I have worked my butt off today and now I have noooooooooooooooooo more interest in working.

We're starting to work up a prelim/nationals drag pageant package for K.  They want to run again in March 2020, so I'm working on the creative evening wear NOW and we'll start talent soon.  I am not relying on anyone else this time, this year.  Nope, nuh-uh.  Might make some issues with the prelim promoter, but we're going to try and be smart about where we go.  I wish we could go to AZ, but that's just too far for a prelim when we have like...8 in reach of a few hours here.
  • Options
    She’s so precious, OWK!