Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Where to have our wedding?

My family mostly lives in New York, and my Fiancé’s family lives in Florida and the Netherlands. We live in Las Vegas. We feel that we should get married here since either way, someone will be inconvenienced. Our friends live in Orlando and Las Vegas as well. It would be a lot easier to plan a wedding locally...We are kind of torn, because we are worried family might not come, but we feel like either way, people won’t come. 

Re: Where to have our wedding?

• Options
    I agree with @WinstonsGirl about talking with your VIPs.  But, if after that all things are still equal and the easiest place for you and your FI is Vegas, then choose Vegas.  It is a bummer that no matter which location you all chose, I'm sure there will be some guests who can't attend.  But also pretty common in this day and age and people understand.

My location was the opposite issue, lol.  My H and I live in New Orleans but, other than a few close and casual friends, nobody else from our guest list lives here.  I grew up in So. CA and about half our guest list, including my immediate family, lives there.  We chose to travel back to my hometown for our wedding, to make it easier on a good portion of our guests. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2019
    Absolutely talk to your VIPs and get their opinions/availability so have a heart when choosing the date such that they can fly in/out without spending a fortune (some times are just cheaper to go there than others)..  Also be considerate of things like parking, venues/entry, etc. or expecting guests to stay at super spendy locations.  

Financially, Florida and Vegas are the cheapest travel options of the two depending on the time of year, OTOH, Florida gets Hurricanes, and annoying during "season"...