Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday

I need more coffee because I almost wrote a common email subject line I use at work instead of the day of the week.  At least we're almost to the end.  

I was awake early this morning since DH and his friend took off for the draft early AF.  I never really fell back asleep. 

It's grey again today.  Blerg.  

I am so happy we cleaned house over the weekend.  I have very little to do while DH is gone and can just relax with DefConn.  <3 

Re: Thursday

• Options
    @mrsconn23 Enjoy the time with DefConn!

@charlotte989875 Good luck on race day! Glad to hear that your knee is getting better as the week goes on.

SSDD for me. I've had meetings every day this week and work has kept me busy. I was supposed to hang out with my sister tonight but H and I had to switch our run schedule up this week so I have a 7 mile run tonight. By the time I get home, take care of dogs, run, shower, and make dinner, it'll be too late. So I'm bummed about that.

Also not digging the forecast for this weekend. H and I have 16 miles to run this weekend and we normally do long runs on Sunday. We decided to switch to Saturday this week because Sunday was going to be cold and rainy. Well now the forecast is calling for rain/snow both days and a lot of wind. I absolutely cannot stand being cold and wet when I run so I'm going to be just a delight for H when we go out this weekend.
  • Options
    So irritated!  There is a really annoying intersection I go through, every day on the way to work.  It is a "no right on red" AND they have a traffic camera for either that, running the light, or speeding.  At any rate, I guess I was distracted and wasn't thinking as pulled up to that light.  I was more focused on a group of people who were crossing the intersection, where I make that right turn.  And I just naturally made the right turn when they were done.  But about a block later, I realized what I did and I think the light was red.  I didn't see the "flash" of the camera go off, so I hope I got lucky.  But the much more likely scenario is I'll get a $125 ticket in the mail :(.

One of my coworkers hit me up to join a "team" for a Crawfish boil festival going on in May.  I'm usually good at saying "no" to things, but I hedged this time, lol.  I actually don't even attend this festival because ALL any of the teams boil is just crawfish.  Whereas, normally, there are all kinds of other goodies in boils.  Like corn, sausage, potatoes, mushrooms, and garlic cloves.  Which I actually like even better than the crawfish, lol.

At any rate, I'm sure there are aspects of it that would be fun.  But when he told me the timeframe was 8-5, I started coming to my senses.  I said I would think about it and mention it to my H (he was invited also), but probably wouldn't be able to, and I'd let him know if I changed my mind.  

I've been thinking all week if I want to take tomorrow off, after I just had a long weekend last week.  But Jazz Fest starts today.  I live close to the entrance, but don't have a driveway/garage, so it's street parking.  And Fridays are my half days.  It's not too bad coming home on the Thursdays, because people have already started to leave and parking opens back up by the time I get home.  But, for the Fridays, I either need to take the bus to work or take the day off.  Otherwise, I'll have to wander around looking for parking and probably end up blocks away from my house.  Obviously, the most appealing option is to just take the day off :D.  I'm definitely taking next Fri. off and I'm strongly leaning toward throwing in this Fri. also, lol.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck on the race @charlotte989875!
    @mrsconn23, have a nice relaxing weekend!
    @ILoveBeachMusic - always wanted to see waitress!
    @short+sassy - I got one of those tickets.  It’s so aggravating! 

i went to see Curse of La Llorona yesterday.  I had to purchase the ticket at the counter because my app wasnt working.  Now, I give myself 15-20 minutes to miss the previews because I’m not a trailer person and I walked in at 8:12 to an 8:00 show and it had started already! WTH kinda movie only has 10 minutes of trailers? 

H just told me he has a rare weekend off so Im now rearranging appts and finding a nice road trip destination.  The hell we staying home on a weekend off!

• Options
    Morning!   The day started with DH pulling a deer tick of Chiquita's neck.   It also left a really pretty ring.

So tonight after swim lessons I get to take pictures and tomorrow morning I get to call the pedi to see if we want to start some doxycycline for some increased chances of not getting a full blown case of Lyme. 

• Options
    @levioosa, Yaasssss!!!!!  Major congrats!  I know you've been burning the candle at both ends and were unhappy with that school.

What's the plan now?  Are you staying where you're working?  Looking for another position, now that this program is conquered?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    Thanks @short+sassy. I still have to apply, study, and pass boards sometime soonish. Then I can start applying to jobs. It sounds like the CA BRN is exceptionally slow though, so I might have to pick up another nursing job in the meantime while I’m waiting for all of the paperwork to go through. But for a few weeks I’m just going to work one job, relax, and look forward to Cancun. Once I have a decent job I like, my plan is to quit the floor once and for all but that might be a pipe dream depending on how bad loans hit me. 
    This is a huge accomplishment even though you still have other things to do!! You finished!!! Yay!!
  • Options

Banana - I hope Chiquita is ok!

Leviosa - Congrats!! 

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Congrats @levioosa!!!

ooooh banana. I’m still traumatized by taking a tick off of my child. Hope she’s ok.  

I spent the afternoon watching tv and playing stupid games in the iPad. It was glorious!!
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    Congrats @levioosa !  Take tomorrow off @short+sassy and good luck with your race @charlotte989875 and long run in bad weather @cupcait927
    Yikes @banana468 hope DD is okay.
    I've seen Waitress three times (although I only paid once...twice courtesy of my personal Broadway dealer/pusher)...love it.  Still on Easter break.  Brought the kids back to the beach today...they kept running up to the ocean, letting just their toes get wet and then back pedaling. My son finally fell backwards completely into the water but thankfully I had enough spare clothes in the car to assemble an outfit for the drive home.  I've completely lucked out with the weather this week, it's been mostly sunny and 60s...a bit cooler today but DS is a trooper.  They all fell asleep on the ride home and somehow remained asleep on the transfer indoors...I'm going to indulge in some Prudie while they're drooling on the couch like three frat bros.
    I took your advice a few hours ago, lol.  I laughed to my own self, "Why did I dither about this all week?  Was there really ever a question I was going to take a vacation day, lol?"

Your Easter break has sounded so great!  The zoo. The beach.  Lots of time with the cute, little munchkins.  And nice weather for the cherry on top. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    Congrats @levioosa!!!

ooooh banana. I’m still traumatized by taking a tick off of my child. Hope she’s ok.  

I spent the afternoon watching tv and playing stupid games in the iPad. It was glorious!!
    @6fsn she's fine for now BUT we'll keep an eye on it.   If I remember you're in OH which is where my BIL is.   He commented that they don't have the ticks that we do in New England.    Out here tick checks are a daily thing that you need to do in warmer months and I didn't do it last night.   One year I was running my fingers through Chiquito's hair in mass and found a nice big one ON HIS HEAD.   

I'm now prompted to get Chiquita's hair cut so it's just easier to go through it.   As we get into the summer and they're gross every day we'll need to look in crevices like between toes and behind ears.   
  • Options
    Way to go @levioosa!

Oh no, @banana468! Hope Chiquita is OK!

Seven emergencies today, and I already know there’s going to be at least one tomorrow. FML. 

DW and I went to her home group tonight. On the last Thursday of the month, they have cake in honor of people’s anniversaries, and free cake is always a good thing. I’ve abandoned the vegan experiment for now, at least until my mood improves. 

Creepy neighbor has started blasting his stereo, and DW is trying to watch the draft, so it’s really annoying.