Wedding Woes

90 Day fiance

Re: 90 Day fiance

• car seat rules have definitely changed a lot and I bet it is both generational and cultural. Heck my parents were mad when I told them car seats expire and they had to get a different one for my niece. They had a booster for her since she's older and she outgrew it. I saw it in the garage and asked if they wanted me to give it to someone. My mom was like we are saving it for baby B. I said it will be expired before he's old enough for it and i'll be buying them a new one when the time is needed.
  • When Darcy and Tom are getting ready I legit thought it was Tom putting on the pleather/vinyl pants 😂😂
  • Wtf on the “cancelled flight” convo with Cesar. You would know if your payment didn’t go through when you booked it. Such a lame storyline 
  • OMG, did Mama Chantal actually pretend to eat with nothing on her spoon?  She didn't even close her mouth.  Lol!!!

• kvruns said:
    When Darcy and Tom are getting ready I legit thought it was Tom putting on the pleather/vinyl pants 😂😂
    Me too!

JMO, but if you need your date to help zip you in, your pants are too small. I wonder how she managed in the loo. 

• I don't have it in me to watch Family Chantel, they are just too much for me
  • kvruns said:
    When Darcy and Tom are getting ready I legit thought it was Tom putting on the pleather/vinyl pants 😂😂
    Me too!

JMO, but if you need your date to help zip you in, your pants are too small. I wonder how she managed in the loo. 
    I loved how she was laying on the bed after putting it on and I"m thinking you're laying down because you will pop out if you sit up because you can't breathe
  • kvruns said:
    I don't have it in me to watch Family Chantel, they are just too much for me
    I'm the same.  I haven't been watching it.  Though I saw a commercial they had the Season Finale.  I wouldn't mind reading a summary/highlights of what happened on the show over the season.  I had been thinking about looking for that during lunch today.

@WinstonsGirl, I may not have seen the episode, but Mama Chantal is just so immature and erratic with her behavior, I can totally picture her doing that.

She is one of my all-time least favorite 90DF people.  Even though she isn't even part of one of the couples, lol.  Her and Angela (of Angela and Michael) vie for that title for me.  They're both such violent, really irrational people.  It just occurred to me they're both from GA, lmao.  Funny coincidence, but I'm not casting any aspersions on GA.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have been watching The Family Chantel. The season finale is this week. The family is trying to bring Winter's relationship into their show. They must know the Chantel/Pedro storyline is running out of steam.

• It’s so funny that Laura is the sex crazed one and the young guy is like stop talking about sex so much!
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2019
    It’s so funny that Laura is the sex crazed one and the young guy is like stop talking about sex so much!

omg the octopus or whatever it was still wiggling when they ate it?!?  I did like that Deavan tried it vs all these other foreigners who don’t even try to acclimate 
  • kvruns said:
    Wtf on the “cancelled flight” convo with Cesar. You would know if your payment didn’t go through when you booked it. Such a lame storyline 
    I came here to say the SAME thing!!!!! Did he just buy it that day?  That’s the only explanation.  But they tell you online if it went through or not.
    still, poor guy

• I just saw Sunday’s ep last night. When will Avrey open her eyes? “Mom if he wanted anyone from America he would have!”
    ”he did!  You’re here”.  Don’t back down, mom.  Don’t back down.  I don’t know that couple enough to sense love just yet.  One of my own friends was duped.  She could have been on this show.  IT HAPPENS!!! 

• @CharmedPam what happened to your friend?  I haven't watched Sunday's ep but I am going to make sure to watch it today.

• I have been watching The Family Chantel. The season finale is this week. The family is trying to bring Winter's relationship into their show. They must know the Chantel/Pedro storyline is running out of steam.
    I had kinda picked that up from a commercial where Winter was talking about problems with her b/f.  I was thinking, "Oh, okay.  Apparently they're really expanding out about the Family Chantel, lol."  If I remember correctly from the little bit she's been on the other 90DF shows, they've been dating a long time.

@kvruns, I was also happy to see Deavan at least trying the wiggly octopus.  It was a nice change from the Americans on the show usually turning their nose up at anything out of ordinary.  Like Larry who insulted Jenny's family when he wouldn't eat the pig that they had gone to great expense and effort to prepare specially for him.

I was like, "Dude!?!  Are you serious right now?  It's just pork, ffs!"  My mom was born/raised in Hawaii and most of my family on that side still lives there.  They prepare kalua pig in very much the same way...buried in the ground, over coals, for a couple days...for special occasions.  Like when we visited :).  It is unbelievable how good it is.  Like, some of the best meat I've ever had, good.  I wanted to step through the tv, push him out of the way, and fill up my plate, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    Wtf on the “cancelled flight” convo with Cesar. You would know if your payment didn’t go through when you booked it. Such a lame storyline 
    I came here to say the SAME thing!!!!! Did he just buy it that day?  That’s the only explanation.  But they tell you online if it went through or not.
    still, poor guy
    I talked about it in one of my above posts.  But, from what I've dug up online, that particular story line is almost completely fake and the show knows it.  It's irritating because, TLC really?  Like the old adage, "reality is stranger than fiction".  You don't need to make s**t up to have a good storyline.  That's what non-reality shows are for.  Real people and their real lives are interesting in their own right.

Cesar and Maria did have an online relationship and I got the impression are still online casual friends.  I don't think it was ever as serious as he is pretending now.  But they broke it off, I think before screenings for this season even started.  Because she would never consider moving to the US and he would never move to the Ukraine, so it really never went much past that.

She actually didn't want to participate in the show, but he finally talked her into some limited playing along.  She was never going to meet him in Cancun and everyone knew that.  It was just part of the "catfish" storyline they wanted to tell.

Oh!  And if you look at Cesar's social media profiles.  He is yet another "aspiring actor and model".  Mmm...hmmm.  Good luck with that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • As an aside, having grown up next to the real nitty-gritty Mexico.  Cancun looks like if someone said to Walt Disney, "Create a Mexican-themed city."

The main drag/resort areas are an illusion for tourists who don't want to scratch the surface too hard.  At least that makes it a perfect setting for Cesar and his fake-a$$ relationship, lol.

I'm not necessarily knocking resorts or the people who like them.  They have a place.  I just don't want people to fool themselves that they "experienced Mexico", if they never left their gleaming white hotel and the pretty little perfect shops and restaurants around it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am trying to get caught up on Before the 90 Days....I am cringing at the mutual eye masking.....it's almost as bad as Darcy's constant references to walking down the aisle.  UGHHH

• Ro041 said:
    I am trying to get caught up on Before the 90 Days....I am cringing at the mutual eye masking.....it's almost as bad as Darcy's constant references to walking down the aisle.  UGHHH
    Lol I actually HAVE those same gold eye masks.  They don’t work. Unless my skin is to far gone?

• Ro041 said:
    I am trying to get caught up on Before the 90 Days....I am cringing at the mutual eye masking.....it's almost as bad as Darcy's constant references to walking down the aisle.  UGHHH
    That was definitely a bad, weird move on his part.  Almost the opposite of sexy and romantic.  It's more like something you'd do with your friends at a slumber party.

I can definitely understand why it had Jenniffer wondering if he isn't that into her or if he's still not over someone else and not ready for a relationship.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    still, poor guy
    I talked about it in one of my above posts.  But, from what I've dug up online, that particular story line is almost completely fake and the show knows it.  It's irritating because, TLC really?  Like the old adage, "reality is stranger than fiction".  You don't need to make s**t up to have a good storyline.  That's what non-reality shows are for.  Real people and their real lives are interesting in their own right.

Cesar and Maria did have an online relationship and I got the impression are still online casual friends.  I don't think it was ever as serious as he is pretending now.  But they broke it off, I think before screenings for this season even started.  Because she would never consider moving to the US and he would never move to the Ukraine, so it really never went much past that.

She actually didn't want to participate in the show, but he finally talked her into some limited playing along.  She was never going to meet him in Cancun and everyone knew that.  It was just part of the "catfish" storyline they wanted to tell.

Oh!  And if you look at Cesar's social media profiles.  He is yet another "aspiring actor and model".  Mmm...hmmm.  Good luck with that.
    I had read the same stuff about Cesar and Maria. TLC has manipulated their storyline to the point that it's mostly false. I've lost interest in their story.

• Tom's friend is horrifying.  I don't want to shame someone based on their looks, but her makeup is something else entirely.  Her accent, on the other hand, slaps.  

• The theme of these 90 Day Fiance seasons should be "I have a secret."

I don't understand why none of Darcy's friends have told her she needs to pump the breaks with the constant wedding talk.  I always thought it was because she was obsessed with Jesse but she is replicating the exact same behavior.  I don't think men generally find that type of thirstiness attractive.  

• Ro041 said:
    The theme of these 90 Day Fiance seasons should be "I have a secret."

I don't understand why none of Darcy's friends have told her she needs to pump the breaks with the constant wedding talk.  I always thought it was because she was obsessed with Jesse but she is replicating the exact same behavior.  I don't think men generally find that type of thirstiness attractive.  
    I think it was in the first episode for this season.  Darcey had a girl's night out and one of her friends did point out that she is always like this with men she's interested in.  She thinks they're "the one" quickly.  Same over-the-top comments of "I've never met anyone like this".  Pushes too hard and too fast for commitment.  And ends up getting hurt.

Though the friend's blunter comments were directly to the camera and not to Darcey.  Still, though.  Both the friend and sister were warning her not to set her expectations so high and get to know him better, before expecting or even wanting a proposal.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I’m also caught in “the other way” marathon on TV.  Probably finish this up over the weekend.

sooooo am I the only one who thought it was kinda romantic that Sumit lied to his parents to be with Laura?

• It would be romantic if he wasn't 30

(or married, as it turns out)
  • kvruns said:
    It would be romantic if he wasn't 30

Heeeeeey!  I’m not there yet.  Lol.  But nothing surprises me with this show. 

• kvruns said:
    It would be romantic if he wasn't 30

Heeeeeey!  I’m not there yet.  Lol.  But nothing surprises me with this show. 
    lol whoops sorry - it was further upthread so I assumed you'd read it on here. I don't know if it has even been on the show yet
  • NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2019
    I’m going to write a more comprehensive follow up later, but I just have to say the abuse that Michael takes from Angela is ridiculous. It’s mental and physical abuse and it’s bothersome that TLC lets this go on. 
  • I'm not caught up yet with last night's episode, but I agree re: Michael. Just the fact that she accuses him of cheating just because a girl was in the background of a photo is NUTS.