Wedding Woes
Options

You’re doing it wrong : Facebook edition

Feel free to add yours.  Here’s some I’ve come across:

1) H’s bff who just graduated and posting ALL his cards along with his gifts (in separate pictures).  Including gift cards and checks.  I didn’t need proof you got a check. 

2) someone I went to high school with posting a picture of every single one his cribbage games and about how many laughs they have playing it and how great his new girlfriend is because of all said laughter they have together. 

3) same guy I went to high school with:  it’s his birthday coming up and the same girlfriend is giving him a card & a gift a day.  He’s posting what it is (which is fine) but also her VERY personal love cards that go with them. Um.  I’d be pissed if I were her.

We get it.  You’re in love!!!!

4) Any selfie as a mouse, cat, bunny, bear, etc.

5) Don’t stop posting your drama. I love reading that shit. That can stay up.

Re: You’re doing it wrong : Facebook edition

• Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @CharmedPam - do the checks have the routing and account numbers and personal info??  That is terrifying!

• Options
    So I went back because I think it was to blurry to tell - but I also think he took it down.  Someone must have told him about it. 

• Options
    I'm in a makeup group and legit the admins had to start posting about getting people to stfu about the Tati, James Charles and Jeffree Star drama because it was just getting out of hand.

I dislike the fact that anything I do/post, I feel like I have to justify it. Like M and I went to see Detective Pikachu, and I felt it was necessary to clarify that grandparents were watching little one and this was a nice gesture - even though it's none of people's business, I don't like the fact I feel I have to do this.

I love my kid, but I really wanted to see Detective Pikachu. If she was older, she would be coming. We'll prob get it and see if she likes it. AND AGAIN I AM JUSTIFYING THINGS *head desk* Parenting is hard.
  • Options
    Yikes re: the checks! How stupid! 

If I post multiple pictures, my mom goes through and likes every single one. 

When I post anything, my MIL comments on it 2.5 seconds later. 

My H has this weirdo friends that keeps inviting me to Facebook groups, like "Mini Power Boats". 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2019
    I sometimes sell things on FB Marketplace and always put my location (city and cross streets) in the listing. Without fail I always have people ask me where I'm located and then say it is too far away. Look it up before commenting!

Or questions about size, brand, etc which I always have in the listing too - and often in the title 
  • Options
    Oh FB how I loathe thee.

DH's aunt is a piece of work.   She's selfish, and does not care about MIL or anyone but herself but loves to present that she's somehow not a narcissist.  MIL doesn't want her sons or Ds IL to be friends with her.   I just didn't friend her because I don't care.   DH, BIL and SIL are all friends with her.   MIL BLEW UP about this and FIL sided with her.   DH doesn't agree and just has her on public.   
    I get that MIL's sister is not a good person but maintaining a 'FB Friend' level of contact is hardly leaving all your assets in the family will to her.   

Well, two weeks ago the sis posted that she's now married (4th times the charm) to the man of her dreams.   MIL is still pissed and directs her anger towards SIL.  FIL was over for dinner the other night and I told him that if MIL continues to direct her frustrations to her DIL she's going to be breaking any relationship that she has with the son married to her.   

I bang my head on the wall.   
  • Options
    Yikes re: the checks! How stupid! 

If I post multiple pictures, my mom goes through and likes every single one. 

When I post anything, my MIL comments on it 2.5 seconds later. 

My H has this weirdo friends that keeps inviting me to Facebook groups, like "Mini Power Boats". 
    One of H's aunts will go through and like each individual pictures. Drives me nuts.

My MIL is the same - the second I post anything, she likes and usually comments on it.
  • Options
    My neighbourhood FB page has some nice occasional drama, but at the moment there is a post about some kid pulling a knife on another at the playground.  But the poster has now decided to post photos of the offending kid and his name and school to warn everyone else.  The thread was deleted by admin but she keeps adding to other posts.  Someone's gonna get banned today I think.  And yes, police were called and involved, his parents were alerted, so the issue was being dealt with, and photos/names of minors is against the group rules

• Options
    Is it bad that all I keep thinking is that my nana is 91 and doesn't do half the stuff you ladies are saying your in laws do? :P If she likes a photo, it's just cuz she really likes that one photo. She likes albums like normal people. She may comment on a few, but not all either :O 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    @WinstonsGirl i love a good neighborhood group drama post. 

My biggest gripe is when I post a photo of our family/my kids out somewhere.  Lets say a Mets game.  And then there's the inevitable comment "omg we're here too!  Where are you sitting lets meet up!"  Like no if I wanted to go to a Mets game with you I'd ask you to one.  I've obviously adapted and now just post after we've left.  But like why is my post construed as an invitation to hang?

Although FB does get points for giving the option to unfollow someone without actually unfriending. Then I can lurk at my leisure without being inundated with the MLM schemes/Trump supporters/someone who I do like but who posts 14 times a day.  Instagram, which I prefer overall, doesn't give that option.  It's all or nothing.
  • Options
    Is it bad that all I keep thinking is that my nana is 91 and doesn't do half the stuff you ladies are saying your in laws do? :P If she likes a photo, it's just cuz she really likes that one photo. She likes albums like normal people. She may comment on a few, but not all either :O 
    No. Because the Boomers are the worst. Why we ever let them on FB, I don't know. They've ruined it. 
    My mum and inlaws aren't that bad .... FIL drives us nuts though. He just sends random shit on fb group chat and doesn't ask about BabyKitten .... but that's a whole other damn issue *sigh*
  • Options
    This isn't so much what people post on FB.  But FB themselves "doing it wrong", lol.  

I belong to a Money Matters group that actually started on The Nest and then we moved ourselves to FB a few years ago when constant login issues never got resolved.

There's been a lot of babies born in our group over the last two years.  And occasionally the pros/cons of cloth diapers comes up.  Though I don't participate in those particular discussions.  Well, I don't know what got up FB's arse, but they still bombard me with "suggestions" to join all these "cloth diapering" mommy groups.

Oh, FB.  You could not be more wrong in your marketing, lol.  You should know by my lack of photos being uploaded that I do not have any children.  Much less infants.  And, if I did?  Cloth would be highly unlikely because I am way too lazy for that.  It's like they don't know me at all, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    I sometimes sell things on FB Marketplace and always put my location (city and cross streets) in the listing. Without fail I always have people ask me where I'm located and then say it is too far away. Look it up before commenting!

Or questions about size, brand, etc which I always have in the listing too - and often in the title 
    I hate it when people say they want an item then don't get back to you within a few hours to determine pick up time and place. I just went through that with a couple of things. If you really don't want something don't comment!

• Options
    kvruns said:

I hate it when people say they want an item then don't get back to you within a few hours to determine pick up time and place. I just went through that with a couple of things. If you really don't want something don't comment!

I tried FB Marketplace for the first time with my last vacancy on one of my rentals.  Overall, it was AWESOME!  Like, "where have you been all my life and why haven't I been using FB all along", lol.  I got more and better responses than with any of my other advertising methods.

However, with that said...just like Trulia/Hot Pads...it has "easy" one-button replies for potential renters to use.  Like, an "I'm interested in your property" button.  There were times I was at my home computer and would reply right back in the chat window.  Nothing.  No further communication.  All-righty then, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I have an uncle (really my dad’s first cousin, but I call him uncle) who FB-stalks me. He’s 74, so a little older than Boomer age (I think they’re called the Silent Generation). It used to annoy me, but now I think it’s cute. At least I know someone likes my posts. 

I occasionally like-bomb DW’s posts to amuse her and tag her in punny memes to annoy her.

ETA: My FB pet peeve is when people pile on someone. I see that a lot on activist pages. We got it the second or third time that someone said that comment was unacceptable. Just stop and let the offender process and take action. 
  • Options
    No. Because the Boomers are the worst. Why we ever let them on FB, I don't know. They've ruined it. 
    My grandma was the same way. She only liked and commented on her favorite stuff...and it was almost always great grandkid related.  I'm always taken aback when her comments pop up in my memories.  I forget how active she was on FB. 

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    My mil is always the kid is so smart/funny/athletic it must be from our side.

I posted that skittles pic and got “it would be perfect for fall”. No, no skittles are not decoration. They are food. And despite what levioosa says the yellow suck. 
  • Options
    Any post that refers to your husband as “my love”. I will immediately unfollow. 
  • Options
    I loathe buying things from FB. A couple times it has worked out but most of the time it is the biggest hassle and doesn't result in me getting what I want. 

My mom is the most social media awkward person I have ever met. She just says the worst things. I know her so I know what she means but if you didn't I would think she is crazy.
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    kvruns said:

oh yes! I had a lady who wanted me to ship something which normally I dont do but i wanted it sold. She even sent me her address and everything and then when I told her shipping cost and asked which she wanted I never heard again. 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    I loathe buying things from FB. A couple times it has worked out but most of the time it is the biggest hassle and doesn't result in me getting what I want. 

My mom is the most social media awkward person I have ever met. She just says the worst things. I know her so I know what she means but if you didn't I would think she is crazy.
    I think it is super dependent on area, even just within the same state or metro area. In my area it is mostly porch pickup which is super easy and I love it. Where my parents are on the south side it is all meet ups and aint nobody got time for that. I know I wouldn't buy as much as I do if my area wasn't good for this.
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    My mil is always the kid is so smart/funny/athletic it must be from our side.

I posted that skittles pic and got “it would be perfect for fall”. No, no skittles are not decoration. They are food. And despite what levioosa says the yellow suck. 
    😂 that was @OurWildKingdom who likes yellow skittles. If I had my choice only red and purple would come in the package. Lol. 

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Apparently I’m as bad as the olds:( wait I am an old 
  • Options
    kvruns said:

I think it is super dependent on area, even just within the same state or metro area. In my area it is mostly porch pickup which is super easy and I love it. Where my parents are on the south side it is all meet ups and aint nobody got time for that. I know I wouldn't buy as much as I do if my area wasn't good for this.
    Most everyone around me is in either apartment buildings or gated community. Closest thing to a porch pickup is "my nanny will be home so come by whenever", lol. My biggest complaint is about asking when to come collect an item (after agreeing on a price) and then never hearing from them again.
  • Options
    kvruns said:

This is true. I've gotten some really good deals - mostly recently a china cabinet for DD and SIL. With furniture, I expect a meet up because who the heck can haul pieces of furniture around. I bought a lot of stuff for the twins before they were born (clothes and furniture). The clothes were porch pick up but the furniture was all by appointment.
  • Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    I HATE the "I am interested in this item" quick reply on Fb.  When I get that, I am like, "K?  Cool.  I am interested in a lot of items.  Are you interested in buying?  When are you available?"  Ughhhhhhh

• Options
    Multiple graduation posts for a kid moving to the next grade, with graduation gowns and everything. Seriously, one snap at the end of the year I’m all about. But a cap and gown and seven separate posts because a kid went from the 3 room to the 4s and I’m hard core eye rolling.