Wedding Woes
Options

Friday, yay!

I don' want to work today, I just want to plan stuffs for my float trip tomorrow.  AND we're seeing Rocketman on Sunday, which i am so excited for.  I adore Elton John.  K doesn't know too much about him, but they're just excited about seeing the costumes.  

The rower kicked my butt this morning.

That's all I got.  Anyone with big plans?

Re: Friday, yay!

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Was just typing up a Friday, glad I did one last check.  Enjoy the float trip and Rocketman!
    Work was insane yesterday.  I'm so tired of the paperwork that comes with the position when in reality the most important part of my role is talking one on one with students who need someone to talk to.  Ugh.
    Saw Beautiful-The Carole King musical last night.  Up way past my bedtime but worth it.  And TK is being weird again, I tried to click on a few of yesterday's Prudie's and my computer is saying I can't open them due to parental controls on my computer??  Huh?  This is my work computer...don't want to try again bc I don't want to flag the IT dept in case it's anything inappropriate...that's the last thing I need lol.  I guess I'll read on my phone when I have a chance but can't comment or "love it" from there..oh well...
  • Options
    I'm dying to see Rocketman!! Can't wait to hear your (spoiler-free) review!

Today the office is quiet; it's the start of our Summer Fridays here and a lot of people are out. I'm going to tell my team to take advantage of the lull we have and leave at 2:30. 

I may treat myself to a blowout this morning - our office has hairstylists in on Fridays. 

Other than that, SSDD. May try to get Babypants over to the pool this weekend if weather cooperates. 
  • Options
    Thankfully no plans this weekend. I'm very happy about it. 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2019
    Have a fun floaty weekend, V!

My car is packed and ready to head to Southern IL for a “haunted” b&b.  Not why we’re going of course, family is there - but I sweetened up the deal by staying at a known Haunted b&b.

here’s my dilemma.  My friend said she would hang out with me last weekend in G’burg.  She ended up flaking and wanted to be home more for her dog.

A year ago,  I initially made plans to head to salem this October with the H, but due to his limited days off, I invited her to go instead. I kept asking what her plans were with her dog and she said “i dont know, maybe find a place that takes them?  We’ll cross that bridge when we get to it”.

’cept it’s Salem.  In October.  And you need to plan!  Plus, it’s a flight for me, not a drive.  I booked my H on my flight to Salem with me and invited him back.  She rubbed me the wrong way and I didn’t know until I had landed in G’burg that her dog was going to be a problem for her.  She deliberately withheld info.  I’m almost positive she’s going to do the same with me that weekend too. Oh - she also canceled a trip this weekend with her family because she wanted to stay home with the dog!  And she told me for my wedding she was going to spend the night at the lodge -  but found out (day of) she was just going to drive the 3 hrs back home. Again, because her dog was home. Nothing is sitting right with me.  I have to tell her today that I still want her to come, but H is coming as well.  I have to do it today because halloween ball tickets go on sale tomorrow, and they sell out quickly.   Wish me luck.  Any nice ways to do this?  You guys are good at phrasing things. 
    Edit: words

• Options
    “Hey, since you bailed on me last minute last weekend because of your dog and don’t have a plan for him in Salem, I’m just going to go with my husband. You’re of course welcome to hang out with us if you also come, but this is really important to me and I have to make plans I can rely on.”

I seriously love this. 

• Options
    My boss bought me coffee without asking .... it's like she knows it's been a friggen morning lol

Tonight - vacuum, laundry {maybe}, baby bath, and set up her trike when she's asleep.

Saturday - M is wanting to go fishing. sFIL wants to do a photoshoot with munchkin {and maybe us?} Depending on weather, maybe I'll take her to the park later with her new trike. I think M is gonna deal with weeds in the backyard also

Sunday - Going to my BFF's place for lunch :) We're super excited. Suppose to rain so we had no real plans anyways.

At some point {probably during naps} I'm gonna see what I can do in the basement. Friend of mine is taking our futon we don't use, so I have to at least get some space lol
  • Options
    I think I'm going out with one of my BFF's tonight.  I cannot wait.  I haven't seen her in months.  

Not sure about the rest of the weekend.  We have a lot of shit we need to do.  How much of it will get done is another story.  DH has an audit Mon/Tue and may have to go to work for a few hours (he did say he would try to see what he could do from home vs. going in).  

The month of June was already jam-packed, but now DH is going to the east coast for work the 3rd week of June and I have in-office training the week after next (only one day, thankfully).  Plus we have an OOT wedding, FIL's closing on his new house and his current house went on the market yesterday, BIL/SIL are coming for 2 weeks, and we're throwing a GIANT party at the end of the month.  I need some sort of GO-GO Gadget magic in my life.  ;) 
  • Options
    I'm supposed to have this flex day thing at work, work 9 hours M-Th, and then be off every other Friday. Today is supposed to be my flex day. Except it's been insane since I've been in a new role (January) and a lot of projects going on, so I haven't actually taken a true flex day in months. (Usually just block my calendar and use it as catch up day.) This week my manager told me that flex days are suspended for the department for the duration of this massive project covering the summer. Even though I haven't been able to take them, I'm irrationally upset at losing my flex days for the next few months. 

Otherwise, nothing too exciting. Going to a birthday grill out tonight, soccer game tomorrow, nephew's birthday party Sunday. I was hoping to have some time to relax and do nothing, but it looks like that will have to wait. 
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2019
    Thankful it's FRIDAY! 

Tomorrow I need to take Chiquita shopping.   I need to get more summer shorts and t shirts for her and some for Chiquito PLUS I need to get her at least one versatile dress that works for a wedding and a funeral.    And I have to get DH to look over his suit(s) and make sure they are in working order.   

We are still on baby watch.   Now that Chiquita's soccer try outs were postponed 2 weeks for the weather I'm crossing my fingers that the timing works out that she can still try out even though she's going to be on the rec league. 

I'm debating packing bags for our next trip.   I've heard good things about them and I hate the rummaging through the kids bags that I do EVERY TIME.

DH did a sleep study last night in our house.   I *hope* that he gets his mandibular device so he begins to sleep better.   He sure as hell didn't sleep well last night with all that crap on him. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:

Today the office is quiet; it's the start of our Summer Fridays here and a lot of people are out. I'm going to tell my team to take advantage of the lull we have and leave at 2:30. 

I may treat myself to a blowout this morning - our office has hairstylists in on Fridays. 

Other than that, SSDD. May try to get Babypants over to the pool this weekend if weather cooperates. 
    your office has hair stylists on Fridays?? that is one office perk I haven't heard of before
    Same and I would like to be a Friday temp at her office now ;)
  • Options
    kvruns said:

your office has hair stylists on Fridays?? that is one office perk I haven't heard of before
    Yes! They come in from a local salon every Friday and we book appointments the same way we book conference rooms - or they also accept drop-ins. It's mostly because we are in a REALLY dicey area of the city without any amenities you can walk to safely. It's pretty sweet. 
  • Options
    I am exhausted today. I picked up the last two days at work. I feel like every time I try to help out the unit I end up getting the short end of the stick. It happens in general but it also makes people want to avoid picking up shifts. I work all weekend too. My manager has upped her usual pettiness and is writing everyone up for anything and everything so that was an added level of stress on top of the crazy shifts. Today my plan is to gym, unpack more, and watch Netflix before I head back into the fray all weekend. And maybe nap. Vacation is officially over. 😭

• Options
    Only a few plans for the weekend here.  Tonight or tomorrow I'm getting groceries and tomorrow afternoon we are going to DH's co-workers farm.  She has some rhubarb we are going to pick and has an abundance of eggs.  But, more importantly, they just got some baby goats!  Fun times. 

Our mechanic has moved to a new location and is having an open house so we might stop by and we need to get over and visit DH's sister.  Then the usual church, cleaning and some relaxing.

I'm miffed at work today.  Wednesday morning I tried to schedule a meeting between a co-worker and myself but couldn't find a conference room that was available for today.  So I sent an email to my administrative assistant asking her to find a room for the meeting (she has access to more rooms than I do).  There was some confusion on her part about how many people would be at the meeting.  So I clarified and she sent an invite but for a 30 min meeting instead of the 90 mins I requested.  So I clarified again and she sent the invite.  I was off yesterday and when I was looking at my schedule for today I noticed that co-worker wasn't included in the meeting invite.  Just the Admin Assist and myself.  By now, co-worker's calendar is full today and the meeting has to be pushed out until Monday late afternoon.  I should have looked more closely at the meeting invitation and will definitely being doing that from now on.  Scheduling a meeting should be Admin Assistant 101 and yet it's turned into this big thing.  UGH. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:

Yes! They come in from a local salon every Friday and we book appointments the same way we book conference rooms - or they also accept drop-ins. It's mostly because we are in a REALLY dicey area of the city without any amenities you can walk to safely. It's pretty sweet. 
    That is awesome and convenient!  I also remember your office has that giant candy contraption, with all kinds of tubes/bins holding free candy.

It's just as well for my waistline and blood sugar levels that my work doesn't have anything similar, lol.  But alas, they don't have any fun, bonus benefits.

My appraiser was able to get into the last unit.  Yeah!  But I haven't heard anything else since.  Crossing fingers the appraisals match or exceed the comps my real estate agent gave me.  It could get ugly if they don't (eek).  Plus, because there is a reno involved (including reno money in the loan), the lender will be looking at both the current values and the ARV values (After Repair Values).  So both of those value sets need to match up with what I told them on my application.

There are a few more things I need to get to my lender because, of course, underwriting waited until the last minute to say "oh yeah, and we also want X,Y,Z."  So I need to take care of what I can today, except for the proofs of insurance for the properties.  I have the agent/policies ready to go, but am not paying for them until the appraisals have been reviewed and the closing date is set.  With any luck, I'm thinking I'll be able to close toward the end of next week ((rubbing hands together in anticipation)).

Between that and some major annoyance with the Louisiana Dept. of Revenue (long story), I am just feeling so overwhelmed right now.  Argh!  Why can't my Friday be a soft landing into the weekend, lol?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    kvruns said:

Same and I would like to be a Friday temp at her office now ;)
    So would I.

This weekend I will be doing two things. I am relaunching my website (and hopefully my editing business), and volunteering at the Houston Food Bank (one of the largest in the country). It's a neat place to volunteer.
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    Sitting in the Orlando airport ready to come home from Disney. It was a blast!! But so very, very hot. I’m exhausted. 

Dh is freaking out that the little kids missed soccer tryouts (we’ve already accepted 6lets offer). He’s taking them to supplements Tomorrow morning while I grocery shop and get laundry going.   Then it’s off to a teeball game and my nieces graduation party. I’m so darn proud of her- oodles of scholarships and awards and valedictorian. She’ll be studying biomedical engineering in the fall. 
    Yay for en route home :)

Yay for your niece :O that's crazy and amazing! Bring tissues ;)