Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday

DH is home because he had a conference call this morning and he's now stalling on going to work.  ;)  I told him to just work the rest of the day here.  

I sent DefConn to his summer reading program in sweats and a sweatshirt because the weather took a shit. It's more like mid-Oct than mid-June.  Windy and nasty. 

We went to my nephew's baseball game last.  They put him on the mound for the last inning and he was clutch.  He preserved their lead by striking out their batters in quick succession.  He also had a run.  His first playoff win ever and he got the game ball.   And he didn't know why we all thought it was a big deal.  <3  

We stopped by FIL's new house last night (he gave DH a key).  It was my first time inside the house. It's going to be perfect for him once he gets it done up the way he wants.  The neighborhood is so quiet and most people seem keep up their property for the most part. 

Prudie day.  Which also means we're almost to the end.  :D 

Re: Thursday

• Options
    Ugh work has been busy and I’m cranky about it. It’s also raining and I’m tired. 

Can I vent a minute a minute that may be TMI? 

Im rarely home in the morning; I usually get up and go right to run/the gym. I was getting ready at home because I’m doing a race tonight. So is H. Well we’re making out a little and he indicates he’s more, amorous, (note: trying not to make this NSW) and I have like 20 minutes to dry my hair, get ready, and get out the door. And he gets annoyed! I love morning BCBC, but work is busy and I had a 9am meeting. It really bugs me that he looks hurt/disappointed/annoyed or whatever when we don’t when we wants to. Side note: I’ve never felt pressured or anything and he’s not a dick, maybe I’m just cranky but like we don’t have to go from making out to more every. damn. time. Especially when I have to get to work. 
  • Options
    Ugh work has been busy and I’m cranky about it. It’s also raining and I’m tired. 

Im rarely home in the morning; I usually get up and go right to run/the gym. I was getting ready at home because I’m doing a race tonight. So is H. Well we’re making out a little and he indicates he’s more, amorous, (note: trying not to make this NSW) and I have like 20 minutes to dry my hair, get ready, and get out the door. And he gets annoyed! I love morning BCBC, but work is busy and I had a 9am meeting. It really bugs me that he looks hurt/disappointed/annoyed or whatever when we don’t when we wants to. Side note: I’ve never felt pressured or anything and he’s not a dick, maybe I’m just cranky but like we don’t have to go from making out to more every. damn. time. Especially when I have to get to work. 
    I'm there with you.

DH sometimes gets all wounded puppy when I turn down his advances.   
  • Options
    banana468 said:

I'm there with you.

Same. Also maybe I’m in the minority, but morning BCBC does not work for me. I’m usually still tired, I don’t feel cute, I need to get the day going, etc. 

I’m going on a hike with FSIL today. I’m trying to get back on the healthy eating wagon but man is it hard once you’ve had a taste of the “bad” stuff. I want to live on burgers and pizza. But no, here I am with my rice cakes and peanut butter. Okay, the salmon I made last night was delicious, but the ease of ordering a burger just can’t be beat. 

Of course I have family coming into town and no one told me so now my mom wants to know why I can’t make the nice dinner.  I’m like because no one consulted me on my schedule. It’s almost a two hour drive to my grandparent’s house and I just can’t do that the night of or before work. I don’t know why people get shocked I can’t make things when they didn’t ask me about schedules in the first place. And this is the side of the family I like and want to see. No bullshit excuses for them. That’s reserved for the other side, which my mom knows well. I’m also trying to make up a Father’s Day dinner since I work this Sunday. 

• Options
    levioosa said:
    banana468 said:

I'm there with you.

Same. Also maybe I’m in the minority, but morning BCBC does not work for me. I’m usually still tired, I don’t feel cute, I need to get the day going, etc. 
    Yes, same.  So annoying.  :/ 
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    banana468 said:

I'm there with you.

I'm a fan of it IF we're on a weekend with no commitments OR DH could be awake when I am in the morning.   Evening time I'm TIRED.   I poop out early and can pass out on the couch.   So if DH is getting all amorous I'm thinking "Dude - you could have been like this an HOUR ago." 
  • Options
    This week is almost over, yay!  

I just discovered that I could be seeing movies for $5 on Tuesdays since I'm a loyalty club member at the movie theatre that's 2 blocks from my apartment!  I am going to be seeing a lot more movies.  K is pissy about it b/c they have roller derby practice on Tuesdays.  My compromise is I'll see movies they don't want to.  :smiley:  So far, they're not going for it.

I have a friend who is trying to get me to move jobs.  It's one of those "this seems too good to be true" type things.  And I've learned ot be HIGHLY suspicious of those in my years of living.  IDK, we'll see.

Other than that, SSDD.
  • Options
    I am so sick and shouldn't be at work :(.  But I just can't take the time right now because there is way too much to do.  Which, quite frankly, pisses me off!  I was going to be all caught up with my urgent work yesterday and had already been planning to take a sick day today.  Because I shouldn't have been here yesterday either.

Except then site pushed up some of the schedules and, very unexpectedly, I got all this ASAP work dumped on me yesterday morning.  I didn't even get to the urgent work I'd planned so now I need to get it done today.  Oh, I still have the ASAP "priority" work.  That will take weeks to finish.  But everything else I do can't be halted for weeks.

That's a long story just to say, "Murphy's Law, I HATE you!!!  F**k, f**k, f**k...if only site had sent that stupid e-mail LAST night, instead of the night before, I at least would have been caught up and would have already been out on a sick day today."  But no.  The e-mail was one day too soon.

I was really, really hoping to close on my duplexes tomorrow.  But neither my lender nor my title company have informed me they are ready.  I think loose ends are still being tied up with both of them and I'm not seeing a Fri. closing happening.  Whomp-whomp.  I'm still hoping and I'm going to follow up with them today, but I feel like it's going to be moved to next week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah BCBC in the a.m.’s on weekends only, do not feel guilty @charlotte989875!
    @mrsconn23 it is like fall weather here and you know what?  I love it! Not a summer person!

I started to watch gilmore girls during my a.m. workouts (when it’s not group training).  It makes me all warm and happy inside.  Is there anyone cooler than Lorelei Gilmore (sr)? 

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Dh leaves for work at 4am. Our kids are up at 6 on the weekends. Morning bcbc is reserved for kid free weekends- so not often. 

I cant believe how cold it is! And it’s supposed to rain forever:(. I am taking the kids hiking tomorrow then all hell breaks loose on our summer schedule. 

The house 2 doors down just put up the realtor sign for “coming soon”. I bet it’s already sold and I’m hoping it’s to a good family. 6let lost his best bud June 1 to a move. The people that bought that house have nobody his age. 
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    VarunaTT said:

I just discovered that I could be seeing movies for $5 on Tuesdays since I'm a loyalty club member at the movie theatre that's 2 blocks from my apartment!  I am going to be seeing a lot more movies.  K is pissy about it b/c they have roller derby practice on Tuesdays.  My compromise is I'll see movies they don't want to.  :smiley:  So far, they're not going for it.

I have a friend who is trying to get me to move jobs.  It's one of those "this seems too good to be true" type things.  And I've learned ot be HIGHLY suspicious of those in my years of living.  IDK, we'll see.

Other than that, SSDD.
    Pissy that you’ve found an activity you are excited about doing while they are busy without you doing an activity they enjoy doing. Raised eyebrow K. 
    While generally true, I think this is more about me off having fun without them, while they're stuck at roller derby practice, which is recently turning into not fun at all.  And we all know (or at least I think I'm pretty obvious in my "I'm not doing that shit again" independent streak) I'm still going to the movies, guilt free and with a $5 ticket.  First up is Booksmart.  :) 
    Pls report back I’m dying to see it!
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    VarunaTT said:

Other than that, SSDD.
    Pissy that you’ve found an activity you are excited about doing while they are busy without you doing an activity they enjoy doing. Raised eyebrow K. 
    While generally true, I think this is more about me off having fun without them, while they're stuck at roller derby practice, which is recently turning into not fun at all.  And we all know (or at least I think I'm pretty obvious in my "I'm not doing that shit again" independent streak) I'm still going to the movies, guilt free and with a $5 ticket.  First up is Booksmart.  :) 
    Pls report back I’m dying to see it!
    We saw that while we were on vacay.  SO incredibly good.  Funny, but in a poignant and meaningful way, but not super serious drama.  i can't say enough good things!
  • Options
    I'd rather weekend mornings if we're gonna BCBC in the morning. M usually tries just as I'm saying good night. Like bruh .... you know I'm going to bed.
    It's tried when coming to bed and I got beyond mad at him cuz it's like 12:30-1am when he comes to bed.
    "Oh but you were awake"
    IF I AM AWAKE AT 1AM, IT'S BECAUSE i HAVE TO BE AND I WOULD PREFER TO BE ASLEEP
    I said that, because I was pissed that he was pissy I turned him down. Bruh ... I AM ASLEEP!

Anyways ... I think once we're completely on milk {her bottles are 4oz milk, 3oz water/formula at this point} I think we may have to try and train her to go to sleep without it. Sometimes she does great without it, but she has to be tired.
    We definitely have to feed her more, she woke up in MOTN for 3/4 of a bottle. It's all an adjustment at this point.

I think she's getting a tooth soon. She had phlegmy spit up other day, and last night and night before she had a bit of a low grade temp. We tried to cool her with a cloth, and it doesn't seem to be bothering her much. She seemed a little more tired lately, so we'll see.
  • Options

Surprisingly this week has flown by and I can't believe its Thursday already!  I just got back from lunch and then we had cake!  I am so stuffed!

Tonight the facilitator for our dog adoption is coming over tonight to do the paperwork, so we won't have to worry about it on Saturday morning.  We have an almost 2 hour drive to go pick her up.  Thankfully our facilitator offered to drive our new dog home for us, otherwise, it would have made for some interesting seating arrangements!  We wouldn't have wanted the new dog, Olive and DD all together in the backseat.  That will be fine once they are all used to each other, but not after first meet!

• Options
    Sending you healing vibes, @short+sassy!

Can I come over for leftovers, @eileenrob?

Morning BCBC is awesome, but I’m always in a hurry weekday mornings. Give me a weekend morning with no alarm and plenty of food in the kitchen to make brunch after and it’s on.

We’re having weird weather too. Is it still spring? Is it fall? Who knows? I’m trying to remind myself it’s not technically summer yet.
  • Options
    Sending you healing vibes, @short+sassy!

Can I come over for leftovers, @eileenrob?

Morning BCBC is awesome, but I’m always in a hurry weekday mornings. Give me a weekend morning with no alarm and plenty of food in the kitchen to make brunch after and it’s on.

We’re having weird weather too. Is it still spring? Is it fall? Who knows? I’m trying to remind myself it’s not technically summer yet.
    How do I get in on this brunch also?