Wedding Woes
Options

Big Little Lies!!!

Is anyone watching Season 2????

Re: Big Little Lies!!!

• Options
    Yes, but I haven't watched last night's episode yet. 

Jane's bangs are truly terrible. Also, what happened to the coffee shop guy?
  • Options
    I haven't watched last night's yet either.  Loved the first episode. 

I didn't think a second season was needed, because the first one was so perfect.  However, they are bringing it and knocking it out of the park...again. 
  • Options
    Last night's episode was riveting! And that's all I am going to say  :#

@climbingwife I totally agree with you about Jane's bangs and I was wondering about Coffee Shop Guy as well!

Meryl Streep is just perfect in her role. I hope she gets all the awards because she is so good in this role. (well she's really good in every role she plays - let's be honest here)
  • Options
    Re: HBO shows.  

I'm in the middle of Euphoria and it's giving me...feelings. Let me know if any of you watch (or have watched) it.   It's disturbing on a level, to say the least. 

(There is a lot of dick in this show, which almost the least shocking thing about it.) 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

I'm in the middle of Euphoria and it's giving me...feelings. Let me know if any of you watch (or have watched) it.   It's disturbing on a level, to say the least. 

(There is a lot of dick in this show, which almost the least shocking thing about it.) 
    I saw previews for it last night and was intrigued until I saw a flash of a scene that looks like it might be a major trigger for a rape survivor like myself. I think I will pass. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

I saw previews for it last night and was intrigued until I saw a flash of a scene that looks like it might be a major trigger for a rape survivor like myself. I think I will pass. 
    OMG, this show could totally be ridiculously triggering for survivors of so many horrific things.  I don't know if I'm going to stick with it because it's just almost too much and I'm not a survivor of rape or violence in general and I haven't been close to an addict in the sense of what they're showing.  But it's a depiction of teens that is dramatized, but also hard to swallow after some of the stuff we went through with the kiddo throughout HS (which was tame compared to what this is showing).  
  • Options
    I've been seeing the ads for Euphoria. It looks intense. We also started Chernobyl. 

Meryl Streep is amazing as Perry's mom. 
  • Options
    DH wants to watch Chernobyl.  We started the first episode, but haven't watched it further.  

Euphoria is intense.  It was a long hour, I kept checking my progress and it felt like so much longer than I had actually been watching.

And I cannot overstate how much peen is on this show...Including Eric Dane's (probably his body double, but still). 
  • Options
    I highly recommend Chernobyl.   It's both highly scientific and incredibly raw on an emotional level.   In multiple episides I had to sit next to DH as I wept.   It's not an easy watch but I'm impressed with how well it was done.   Richard Harris better win an Emmy for his work there.  

I didn't see Episode 2 but watched Episode 1 last week of the second Season of Big Little Lies.   I have to be in the right mindset to watch that show.   Each character has flaws that make me want to scream!     
  • Options
    We haven't watched last night's episode yet.  We usually watch it today.  I read the book after Season 1, so I'm a little surprised they're keeping it going for Season 2.  I would've really just liked it to have one more episode and then end.  I still feel a little **head tilt** about everyone up and lying when even w/out the known abuse, pushing someone to get off of another human and causing an accident is pretty minimal on the guilty factor.  

I will say, Meryl's scream in the first episode was magnificent.  And I'm wondering who was Perry's abuser now b/c Mom is no goddamn angel here.

The weekend was alright.  We went out Friday night and that was fun.  Lazed around on Saturday, after some morning errands for my parents.  Sunday, K went to a family thing and I slept.  I slept almost all day.  I have no idea what was wrong, but I was very physically tired.  I do feel more awake today, so I'm hoping it's still just recovery from Friday and the last few months of stress/depression.