Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday.

I am so over this weather. Not much going on today. Haircuts and having a soccer viewing party for the women’s national team woo hoo! Headed out this weekend to see the men’s national team. Apparently soccer has no off-season.

Re: Thursday.

• Options
    I had a massive lactose intolerance attack yesterday that caught me by surprise yesterday and left me feeling pretty horrid yesterday evening, so I just laid down most of the evening.  We finished the first season of Pose.  It is just so good, so well written, acted, and filmed.  I cry nearly every episode, from happiness and from sadness.

Nothing much else.  Work is work, life is life.  
  • Options

Bad: work has basically been straight meetings for the last few days. H and I were super crabby with each other this morning for no reason.  The weather sucks.  I'm so ready for the weekend. I had to drive H's car today and I don't like it. 

Good: facetimed with 2 of my best friends for a couple hours last night. We're doing chair massages at work today.

• Options
    6fsn said:
    Oh and dhs interview seemed to go well. It was scheduled for 45 mins but lasted an hour 15. That’s good right?  Now we wait for another phone interview
    Great sign to me!

• Options
    I work all weekend starting tomorrow so today will be preparing myself for that mentally and physically. Yesterday I made the meal plan and shopping list for the Fourth of July BBQ. We’re looking at having about 15-20 people over, which is more costly than I was originally anticipating. Otherwise SSDD. Work called to ask me to come in, but that would be 4 in a row and I don’t have the stamina for that. Plus we went to bed at one last night. Hopefully I can pick up more shifts next week instead. 

• Options
    @VarunaTT Lactose problems are rough :( I've seen Pose season 2 coming up, what's the storyline? I was curious about season 1 but completely forgot about it
  • Options
  • Options
    @VarunaTT Lactose problems are rough :( I've seen Pose season 2 coming up, what's the storyline? I was curious about season 1 but completely forgot about it
    Season 1 is so good and it's on Netflix now.

We haven't started it just yet, but I know they've moved it..2? years into the future when Madonna's "Vogue" has gone into mainstream and the creation of the protest group ACT UP has AIDS moving into the national headlines.  I know they recreate the die-in in one of the big NYC Catholic cathedrals (which Billy Porter was actually originally at), where over 100+ queer people were arrested for peacefully protesting. 

They also, in the first episode, have Blanca and Pray Tell visit Hart Island, which I knew nothing about.  There was an interview with Porter who said he also didn't know about it and he lived in NYC in this time frame.  It was the "potters" cemetery, which also contains a mass grave of AIDS victims at the time.  

They've already been renewed for Season 3, b/c their season premiere was the highest rated season premiere ever on FX.
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, congrats!  That's amazing news!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations @charlotte989875!

• Options
    Congratulations @charlotte989875!
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Congrats on the promotion!!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!!! 

I met H outside to tell him and he was super happy; now I’ve got to reign it in before my next meeting. 
  • Options
    Congrats @charlotte989875 well deserved <3 
  • Options
    It's rainy here also .... guh.

We have groceries to do tonight. We probably would have pushed it to the weekend, but as I mentioned other day, we're doing the beach. It's not a short trip, so we're full on expecting a BabyKitten drive nap. Hopefully I get lucky and she will let me to bring her to bed when we get home.

M and I have been arguing and I think it's related to our cluttered place. We're due for a major decluttering, and we're kinda prepping for it. {planning out, etc etc}
    After BabyKitten is in bed, I'm gonna sort thru some baby clothes to give away. I'm not giving everything away, I'm keeping some gender neutral stuff and outfits I really love. I don't want another kid, but M does and won't let me say "no" for a few years in case I change my mind. I agree I could, and I'm not really fighting this. He knows that the likelihood is "no means no" though.

I'm hoping we can get some real cleaning done and it'll help everything else ...
  • Options

Charlotte - Congrats on the promotion!

6 - Continued job vibes for DH!

Kvruns - I got TSA Precheck last year and just told H to also get it so he doesn't have to wait in the long line at the airport, while DD and I go through quick.  He got my point and applied the same day!  Though, now with a potential international trip next year, I wish I did Global Entry!

Varuna - H is lactose intolerant too.  Our old PCP advised that he start the Florastor probiotics, just one pill per day.  He now very rarely has any issues!  He can even drink regular milk again and not worry about buy the Lactaid.

This morning was busy at work!  But I've finished my project, its off with a courier for delivery and I'm on TK trying to think of a project for the afternoon!

We had some crazy thunderstorms roll through last night.  Lighting like crazy too!  Cassie became anxious during it, but eventually she settled back down, though she tried to jump into bed a dozen different times.  I finally got her to lay down next to me and I left a hand on her.  That seemed good enough for the most part.  The storms created lots of flooding, including closing down a busy highway, closing the subway connecting NJ & Philly, rescues of homeowners by raft and a fire across from my sister's house (probably a lighting strike).  There is supposed to be another round rolling through later this afternoon/evening, then we should start seeing nice weather again.

In our Target run yesterday, I found a rack of ribs on clearance.  If anyone else shops at Target, we have been finding good meat prices, when it comes to their clearance stuff.  They will mark it off between $1-5 dollars when the sell by date is approaching.  When we get it home, we then open it up and vacuum bag it and freeze it or cook it right away, which is what I'm doing for the ribs.  I got a super meaty set of baby back ribs for $6 when all the other racks were $10.  We will also get 2 meals out of it!  But I have the ribs in the oven cooking low and slow for dinner tonight.

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Congrats @charlotte989875 !  Ugh that's crappy @mrsconn23 ...the Catholic HS I work at has several LGBT (out) employees, I can't imagine one of them being fired for not being straight.  Although all our HS's are independent from each other, as opposed to part of the archdiocese, so unfortunately I can't say that about the other schools in the area.

Successful errand day.  Joining many of you in the so-sick-of-the-rain club.
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    OOM - I would have done Global Entry but I don't have a valid passport anymore bc I didn't change it when I got married and changed my name. Figured I'd wait until I had a trip on the books.

MrsConn - that was such interesting news to see. I bet it won't affect their enrollment at all either so maybe good for them and we will see if others follow suit. I'm guessing not all schools could do without the financial support I assume they receive but good for Brebeuf!
  • Options
    I have been really aggravated all day waiting to get the green light from my lender and we still don't have word.  Despite the fact that everything is set up to close tomorrow.  From what I was told by my broker, they were satisfied with all that receipt/pics evidence of prior rehab work I've done and everything was fine last night.  He spoke to them a couple hours ago and they said they would try and "expedite my file".  Expedite my file!?!?!  Why isn't it already expedited you (many expletives deleted)?  You're the ones who have already delayed everything by three days with your receipt bs.  OMG, they suck.

Then I ran across this feel-good story on Yahoo and I want to thank it for making me smile and perking my day a little.  A 103-year-old woman broke a record in the Senior Games for being the oldest woman to, not only compete, but WIN the gold in both the 50-meter and 100-meter dash.  She shares some of her life story and advice.  If I live to be 70, I hope I'm even half as healthy and active as she is at over 100!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/103-year-old-woman-breaks-running-record-shares-life-advice/ar-AADaPv5?ocid=spartanntp

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Random local thing, after there was a HUGE dust up last year that made national news because a local Catholic HS let go of a guidance counselor because she's married to a woman.  She went to the press about it and ended up on Ellen and whatnot. 

Welp, the archdiocese of Indy just kicked out the only Jesuit school (the rest are plain old Catholic schools) because they won't fire a gay teacher after being directed to do so.  The school was just like, "Yeah, we're not firing a competent teacher and we'll be fine without the archdiocese.  SO bye felicia."  Good on them.  Not that I'd send my kid there (because I can't afford it and our school system is one of the top in the state anyway), but it's nice to see them stand up to the archdiocese and church in general. 
    I hadn't heard that! I didn't think they were an archdiocese school anyway. The school my boys went to isn't either. I wonder what control the archdiocese had over them though. Good for them!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Way to go @charlotte989875! That’s fantastic!

I’m so done with the rain too. Lake Erie is 2 1/2 feet above normal. I’m surprised our basement isn’t flooded. I feel so bad for my friends who garden. 

I really want to go to my meditation meeting, but there’s a flash flood warning till 9:30. Traffic was slow coming off the Shoreway onto the boulevard, so I’m guessing that there’s standing water west of us.

Edited to add: Got to my meeting without incident. Fingers crossed that the drive home will be uneventful.

That story made me smile too, @short+sassy. Thanks for posting it!