Wedding Woes

Friday

Any big weekend plans?

I think I'm going to the park next door tonight and tomorrow night and watching their free movies.  They're showing Lego Movie: 2 and Bumblebee and I haven't seen either one.  K is out of town Saturday, so I'm probably just gonna sit on my derriere and watch TV.  

I stayed up way to late last night because I was roped into an intense story arc on Queen of the South.  I'm still not sure if I like it, but the story is compelling about making me watch.

Re: Friday

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I'm so tired of my office freezing. Ever since our renovation it is extra cold in here and I think where I sitjust happens to be by extra vents so it is worse. I need a blanket and heater even though it is summer. 

Was supposed to do a volunteer event with coworkers today but I just have too much to do. I'm also going for my TSA precheck interview today. My H is being a jerk and says he's not going to do it. The problem with that is for our trip this fall baby B's ticket is tied to his since he booked theirs with points and I booked mine separately with points. I don't know if I will have an issue taking B with me through precheck if we're on different reservations. 
  • @VarunaTT Compelling is usually what keeps me in. That's why I watched "Haunting of Hill House" and I don't do horror {I would consider this more suspense type - waiting for something to happen and majority of the time it doesn't}

We're heading the beach tomorrow. M wants to go fishing, and said the place he goes to has a good beach. At least BabyKitten likes the sand, so we're gonna get some sand toys tonight and more bubbles since her current stash is running low.
    I bought some really cute 'cloth' swim diapers on Amazon, so we'll see how they hold up. She won't be 'swimming' per say because we haven't gotten her a lifejacket {getting it before next weekend though} but I think I may hold her and walk out into the water - assuming it's not cold a.f lmao! Worse case scenario, I'll just hold her hands and let her walk herself into the water a bit only.

Otherwise I know we're starting our declutter. M suggested starting with the main table, because that's what really got his attention {side note - even though yes we need to do this, I let the clutter go because he needed to get on it also. He does realize this now, hence why it's getting done. Yes it's a passive-aggressive move but it worked in this case.}

I've been going thru old baby clothes to donate - keeping stuff also - and I've given an entire bag so far. I kept 2 sweaters I loved, and knitted things that were given to BabyKitten but unfortunately with her small stature, didn't get to wear in the cold weather. I still wanna keep it in case, worse case I give it to BIL and his fiance if they opt to have kids. A lot of the knitted things are from M's side of the family.
    I'm hoping to do another bag tonight. It's gonna clear up a bunch of space in our basement.
  • @kvruns yikes! Can you get them to change the temp so you don't freeze? Or turn down the fan?
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

@kvruns- can you turn off a vent?

Today we're (fingers crossed) hitting the pool AFTER they clean their rooms and read.

6let may or may not have stuff- It's a husband/wife that run his club.  There is a tournament and training scheduled Sunday.  Husband said 6let is playing and there will be training Sunday.  Wife says he's not playing an no training????

Max does have a tball game tomorrow then we are headed to Cleveland for the Men's National Game.  Sunday home and maybe training?

I also have some stuff I need to get organized for next week.  Next time this week my kid will have been through 2 evaluations already!!!

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2019
    The calm before the crazy is the theme for today.  DH is flying home in a couple hours. I'm not who's more excited to see the other DH and me or DefConn and DH. ;)  

Tonight, going to try and keep it low-key.  I do need to make a store run and I'm deciding if I'm going to just do grocery shopping or pick up what I need for dinner. I probably should just do the former. 

Tomorrow, we move FIL to our side of town.  We have to have him moved in by Sunday since he closes Thursday.  I'm just not sure if he's going to stay at his old house until the close or what.  He doesn't have any appliances in his new house.  BUT we're kind of bursting at the seams here over the next week...because BIL/SIL/nieces get into town tomorrow at some point (likely late) and they're staying with us. Weds next week, BIL/SIL/nephews show up for the rest of the weekend...staying here as well. 

Sunday, finish up moving FIL if need be.  Other than that, I'm not 100% sure.  It probably won't be clear until DH is home and we can actually be in the same room to talk to one another. 

I'm going to the office Monday for training and then I'm off the rest of the week.  But this weekend basically kicks off 3 weeks of a flurry of activity.  We're going to have to hold on to our butts.  :D 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    Dhs company is doing a family event at a water park. I do not want to wrangle 3 kids at a water park in a bathing suit in front of his employees and bosses. Ugh!
  • @6fsn is the reading part just something you do in the summer to keep up, or is this a school request/requirement?

@mrsconn23 everyone is excited for DH! :P 
  • @MissKittyDanger, BabyKitten's first trip to the beach sounds absolutely adorable!

@mrsconn23, hold on to those butts, lol!  All those people coming into town, while your FIL is moving out of his house and closing the sale on it, does sound like madness!  There should be killer sales on appliances over 4th of July weekend...though that is a long time to be without.

Mostly good, slightly bad news.  My loan is FINALIZED!!!  Yay!!  But it didn't happen until 6:30PM last night, lol.  Which made it too late to for the closing that was supposed to happen today around noon.  Meh, oh well.  So we need to push it out AGAIN...to Monday.  I'm really hoping to at least get the HUD statement from the title company today, so I have plenty of time to review it and can get my cashier's check done today or tomorrow.  I'll feel secure having the cashier's check in my hand, because I get paranoid something crazy will happen. Like a multi-system bank failure or some other problem out of left field.  Extremely unlikely stuff, but I worry anyway, lol.

I am still sick.  It's been two weeks with a persistent cough :(. I guess I should go to a doctor even though I'm sure they'll just tell me, "It's a respiratory infection. Not much we can do. Just wait it out. And here's a bill for $200."  Ooohhh...I should just take a sick day on Monday!  I'd have to take some time off to close anyway.  But if I add in a doctor's visit somewhere around it, I can take sick time instead of vacation.

I do have some errands to run after work but, other than that, I'll be trying to lay low this weekend as much as possible and rest up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MNNEBride said:
    Yay for Friday!  My browser tab for TK says "Wedding Woes - Python Training Institute in Noida" - what?!?

No real plans this weekend.  The weather is supposed to be crap - rain and T-storms.

I am getting a pedi tonight and church on Sunday but the rest is probably hang at home and relax.  That's good too.

Edited to add:  I realize Python is an IT thing but it does sound like you go there to train your snake!
    Mine too!  I was wondering where the heck that was coming from, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    @MissKittyDanger- just me. I try to do one of each category every day- mental, physical, fun. Most things overlap- swimming is physical and fun so the yneeded a mental and I needed to take a call. Reading  it is.
  • I saw the python thing too.  Someone is having some fun.  LOL
  • kvrunskvruns member
    @ilovebeachmusic what book did you read? 
  • It’s been a busy day here and we’re leaving at 3! I love the new summer hours thing we’ve had the last few weeks. 

H is down at camp this weekend and the first night the dog always has the hardest time. He looks for H and is constantly in and out of the bedroom wondering if he’s back. It’s (usually) better than second night so I’m hoping I get a little more sleep tonight than I did yesterday. Poor pup and his anxiety. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    We have summer hours too and close at 2pm. I have so much I need to still do but its nice and sunny out and I'm going to say screw it at leave at 2 to run my errands and then probably take the dog for a walk instead of go to the gym since I want to enjoy the sunshine. 
  • @kvruns we read Kingdom of the Blind by Louise Penny. It is in a series set in Canada with the Police Chief Inspector being the main character. I've read many of the books in the series. I'm also reading a book now that I like it is Midwives:A Novel by Chris Bohjalian. (It doesn't have anything to do with the series Call the Midwives). My church book club is reading it for June.
  • Kvruns - Glad H was able to opt-in easily to pre-check, because I'm with Starmoon, he gets to take the kid while you breeze through security!  Meet him at the gate!

Not much going on today.  I give blood in about an hour.  The rain is finally clearing, though it did interrupt my dog walk this morning, and it should be beautiful later this afternoon.  H and I are going to the Phillies game tonight, it is my favorite player's retirement ceremony pre-game.  H and I are going as soon as I get home.  We plan to have dinner there, so I've been thinking all day about what I will eat tonight!

Not much going on over the weekend, we hope to just relax and keep up with chores around the house.

Happy Weekend WWs!

• Ooh, ballroom dancing sounds fabulous, @ILoveBeachMusic! Have a great time!

This weekend is the usual meeting/sponsor/sponsee stuff, which I need. Tonight I’m hoping to catch the last of the sunset when the meeting lets out. Tomorrow I’m going to get caught up on paperwork and do some housework. Tomorrow night is my writing group. Sunday morning, I want to go to a free cycle/e-waste drive. We need a new lamp or two and a new chair for the living room. After that, we’re having lunch with my mom. We also need to do some grocery shopping, not sure when we’ll do that.

• MNNEBride said:
    Yay for Friday!  My browser tab for TK says "Wedding Woes - Python Training Institute in Noida" - what?!?

No real plans this weekend.  The weather is supposed to be crap - rain and T-storms.

I am getting a pedi tonight and church on Sunday but the rest is probably hang at home and relax.  That's good too.

Edited to add:  I realize Python is an IT thing but it does sound like you go there to train your snake!
    I would never have noticed it, but mine says that too. I'm actually going to be in Noida later this year. I can check for snake training if you'd like :)
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I saw the python thing too.  Someone is having some fun.  LOL
    I saw it too! Hilarious!
  • 6fsn said:
    @MissKittyDanger- just me. I try to do one of each category every day- mental, physical, fun. Most things overlap- swimming is physical and fun so the yneeded a mental and I needed to take a call. Reading  it is.
    Reading is always a great idea!