Wedding Invitations & Paper

How to rephrase from my invitation temples

So I ordered a template of our invitations online. This is what a part of it looks like. How can I easily change theses words because of the fact that we will have no dancing, and instead of having dinner, we will be having a dessert buffet. Im wondering a fun way to mention our DIY photo booth

So can I rephrase:"The ceremony will begin at 11am and we will be followed by a reception with dinner and dancing"

How man 

Re: How to rephrase from my invitation temples

• You would just put "reception to follow" or "dessert reception to follow"

However, with just a dessert reception, you need to move the start time. You can't span over lunchtime and not feed people a meal! 
  • Ditto PP.

I realize that 11 AM is the sample/template start time. But unless your ceremony is at 10 AM, 2-3 PM, or 8 PM or later, you're too close to a mealtime to serve just dessert. If you're in those windows, though, your plan is perfectly fine.
  • Actually, you don't mention these things. You hold the wedding at an appropriate time of day for deeserts only, and whether there is dancing is not something guests need to know about in advance.
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    So I ordered a template of our invitations online. This is what a part of it looks like. How can I easily change theses words because of the fact that we will have no dancing, and instead of having dinner, we will be having a dessert buffet. Im wondering a fun way to mention our DIY photo booth

So can I rephrase:"The ceremony will begin at 11am and we will be followed by a reception with dinner and dancing"

How man 
    I noticed some things in your prior posts.  You pose a question and never return to answer the questions of the responders.  We are happy to offer suggestions and advice, but more often than not, require additional details.

Are you no longer offering appetizers and alcohol?  Is your ceremony actually starting at 11:00 AM?  If your ceremony is at 9:00 or 10:00 AM, you could add,  "Continental Breakfast" to follow.  Personally, that time of the morning is too early for desserts, but lovely muffins, coffee cakes/breads, and juices would be perfect.  If your ceremony is really at 11:00, it would not be appropriate to offer desserts. A simple luncheon would be needed to follow that time of ceremony.
  • Make sure that the invitation states who is getting married. Not sure if you were changing the top part of the invitation or not but it needs to say who is getting married. In my mind a lot needs to be changed on this invitation.
  • Jen4948 said:
    Actually, you don't mention these things. You hold the wedding at an appropriate time of day for deeserts only, and whether there is dancing is not something guests need to know about in advance.
    I sort of agree with this but want to caution the OP that if you're having a wedding in an area where a full meal is the norm, you should mention that it's a dessert reception.

Our wedding was at 2 and the reception was at 4 (no gap!).   By some global etiquette mavens on this site that meant that the reception was not going to be a full meal as it wasn't meal time.   But in our invitations guests selected their meal (again, an expected thing for guests in our area) and the reception was 6 hours ending at 10 PM with a meal that started at 5 PM with the salad course.    This meant that guests could eat lunch in an on time fashion and could be prepared for small bites at 4 PM with the big meal to follow.

Had we offered a dessert reception I guarantee that our guests would have changed how they approached lunch.  

BUT @Jen4948 I totally agree that any dessert reception has to be at a point that's after a meal time.   So @hannah_perez that has to mean that it's either a mid afternoon ceremony start time and a short reception OR a ceremony start time after 7:30 with desserts to follow. 
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    banana468 said:
    Jen4948 said:
    Actually, you don't mention these things. You hold the wedding at an appropriate time of day for deeserts only, and whether there is dancing is not something guests need to know about in advance.
    I sort of agree with this but want to caution the OP that if you're having a wedding in an area where a full meal is the norm, you should mention that it's a dessert reception.

Our wedding was at 2 and the reception was at 4 (no gap!).   By some global etiquette mavens on this site that meant that the reception was not going to be a full meal as it wasn't meal time.   But in our invitations guests selected their meal (again, an expected thing for guests in our area) and the reception was 6 hours ending at 10 PM with a meal that started at 5 PM with the salad course.    This meant that guests could eat lunch in an on time fashion and could be prepared for small bites at 4 PM with the big meal to follow.

Had we offered a dessert reception I guarantee that our guests would have changed how they approached lunch.  

BUT @Jen4948 I totally agree that any dessert reception has to be at a point that's after a meal time.   So @hannah_perez that has to mean that it's either a mid afternoon ceremony start time and a short reception OR a ceremony start time after 7:30 with desserts to follow. 
    Although not typically specified on the invitation, will your guests realize that your wedding and reception are being held outdoors?  That is absolutely something I would want to know.  @hannah_perez, this is your seventh post and you have yet to respond to any of these comments and suggestions.  Regardless of the food you serve, I hope you have a way to keep things safe.  I also hope you are keeping the comfort of your guests foremost in your plans as well.