Wedding Woes

Monday again

Hello my fellow python institute trainees! How was the weekend?  My sister's wedding was lovely- she was stunning, I have a wonderful new BIL, the rain held off enough for some photos on the water, food was delish, the kids behaved :)

Re: Monday again

• So glad the wedding was lovely!  And, Ah yes Monday again.  I’m still wondering if I can wfh on Friday since nothing will be going on. 🤔 

weekend was great.  Saturday I did a paranormal investigation with my new meet up.  The annoying lady who won’t stop talking showed up - but I deliberately put her in the other group.  I mean I paid 3x more than anyone else (didn’t make the minimum) so I deserved a stress free investigation.

Sunday, H and I did nothing.  I threw a potato and sausage in the oven for dinner (was eyeing grub hub but to cheap to pay for delivery!) Tonight I head to Costco after work.  

• Weekend was good. Friday FI and I had a date night. Saturday I did stuff around the house and then yesterday we went to dinner for FFIL’s birthday. Afterwards FSIL and her FI came over for drinks and a movie. Overall it was a good weekend. Now I just have to prepare for the Fourth and at some point stop by work for a coworker’s sprinkle and to drop off paperwork. 

• mrsconn23 said:
    Yay weddings.  :)  

Last week was a great week, but crazy as all get out.  Our party was a massive success.  We had plenty of food and an overabundance of drinks.  We still have a fully stocked beverage fridge.  Drinks on me, kids.  :D 

We had a wonderful time with all the in laws staying at my house, even though my baby nephew was up in the middle of the night...a lot.  He's 1, but teething and a screamer.  I asked DH when the ol' snip-snip was happening.  ;)  

FIL's settling into his new house.   SIL and I went over there Thursday and did some massive organizing/moving boxes around and unpacking some stuff for him.  He was so appreciative.  

I'm still in the office.  It's going.  Apparently some shit went down last week, but I'm not going to stress about it until I have to.  Just keeping my head down and working my butt off.  At least I only have to be here for three days this week.  We'll see what next week brings.  Thanking all the gods for earbuds and downloaded podcasts.  I'm peopled out. 
    It’s 5 o’clock somewhere

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    So glad the wedding was lovely!  And, Ah yes Monday again.  I’m still wondering if I can wfh on Friday since nothing will be going on. 🤔 

weekend was great.  Saturday I did a paranormal investigation with my new meet up.  The annoying lady who won’t stop talking showed up - but I deliberately put her in the other group.  I mean I paid 3x more than anyone else (didn’t make the minimum) so I deserved a stress free investigation.

Sunday, H and I did nothing.  I threw a potato and sausage in the oven for dinner (was eyeing grub hub but to cheap to pay for delivery!) Tonight I head to Costco after work.  
    Did you somehow miss that unexpected "something" that turned into a mini Armageddon?  Holy Man!  I'm casually moseying the Jewel (side bar.....yes, I say, THE Jewel even though I do not say, The Target, or The Mariano's, or add it to any other store), start to load groceries into my car, and notice all kinds of frightening as F black and low clouds to my north.  I rush home with the winds chasing me down, get all my freezer stuff in and WHAM....power OUT.

Thankfully, ours returned quickly and we only lost cable and internet until just an hour ago.   DD and family joined us for several hours as theirs went out, but were lucky with resumption prior to preparing an impromptu sleep over at Grammy's.  Many today are still without power.....and it's a heat index of 100 :-(

I'm having the 4th and realizing there is only a small chance we will have an opportunity to be outside.....which means a whole lot of rearranging for 30ish folks.  Plan B.....ordering chicken rather than try to grill or use the oven.
  • @charlotte989875 Your niece is absolutely adorable!
  • @monkatz, I think we did!  We got dark skies, lots of wind and rain pelted on us for like 15 minutes but then all was normal after that!

• @charlotte989875 Your niece is absolutely adorable!
    Thank you! I think so too!

Her new thing is when you ask her how many people are here (or how many trucks) she’ll count “1,2, so many people!”  So cute. 
  • edited July 2019
    Hi everyone!

It was a gorgeous weekend here (with the exception of some really short random thunderstorms), so I went to the lake both Saturday and yesterday and sat out in the sun reading.

My vegan program was . . . Interesting. The talk was very informative and the food was awesome, but only one person from my group showed up. The rest was members of the Cleveland Vegan Society, and they basically took over. There was one horrible woman who went off on a tangent about a number of things and made some nasty racist remarks about her neighbors. I called her out on it, but she persisted. Everyone else just let her rant.

I officially stepped down as organizer of my feminist Meetup. If someone else wants to take it over, they’re welcome to. I also stepped down as secretary of the LGBTQIA+ sober conference committee, but I am going to stay on the committee. 

DW ordered Aldi Instacart and did pretty well with the list. There were a couple things she forgot and a couple things I forgot to tell her about, so we’re going to pick those up after the meeting. Then I have to throw in some laundry and we’re doing a deep cleaning of the bathroom. 

Edited to add: I’m hoping to have a three-day week too. I requested Friday off and neither of the guys I work closely with has it off, but my boss is sometimes slow at responding to time off requests.
  • @MobKaz, I heard about the bad weather. DD and her family were here for the weekend but arrived back in Chicagoland shortly before the storm! This has been one weird spring/summer weather pattern. Good luck with your Plan B for the fourth.
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @OurWildKingdom, DD and her husband shop at Aldi and LOVE it!  I have tried twice to shop at the one in my town.  The store is super illogical; there will be cookies next to mayonnaise and across will be beans next to fruit snacks.  It is WAY to random for a shopper like me.  I make my list based on the order of the aisles and the products in each aisle!  I also get crazy distracted by the non-grocery, no rhyme or reason department store offerings.  I went in today to look for some gluten free things for DD, and walked out with a foldable picnic table LOL. 

@ILoveBeachMusic, I am glad your daughter got home safely.  The storm, though thankfully short lived, left some insane damage.  One nearby town supposedly got 4 inches of rain in a very short time.  My town is being “investigated” to see if we actually had a “gustnado”, which can toss winds of up to 90 MPH!  

Greetings from India!

• @MobKaz and @OurWildKingdom, I have heard so much about Aldi's on this board and other ones, lol.  Usually really positive feedback.  But I've never seen one and they don't exist anywhere I've lived.  Supposedly, they're opening one in a suburb town called Slidell.  They bought a defunct Toys R Us there in April 2019.  It will be the first Aldi's in Louisiana.  Too far for me to do regular grocery shopping there.  But I definitely want to check it out the next time I'm in that area, after it's opened.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker