• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Attire and Accessories

Looking for chiffon skirts

Hi! I'm hoping someone has a resource they could help me with. I'm wanting chiffon skirts, but not the maxi style - more like the "tea party" dress length style (not a mini skirt!). I'd like chiffon since that's what makes them flow-y. I'm having a hard time finding a legitimate site online that sells them and was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to where to buy them from? Thanks! 

Re: Looking for chiffon skirts

• MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    Knottie Warrior 2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    I've had success with JJ's House and Light in the Box (JJ's is the better of the two IMO) - HOWEVER, they are the sites they are, sizing is best to spend the extra $$ and get to measurements or trust their size chart and go up if you're between sizes and remember to purchase for your body, if you wouldn't buy that style of dress normally because it makes you look odd or unintentionally empire waisted, don't buy it there, AND, you need lead time to get the order to arrive early enough that if anything needs alterations it can be done in plenty of time.  AND, plan that the dress(es) will need to be pressed/steamed because they are comping compacted from the realities of being shipped in from Shanghai (people are used to clothes already being steamed out in-store not knowing this step takes place at retailers)..  Also, there is no real return policy so "buyer beware" you're taking that risk and yes, I've had times when something was off with whomever sewed the dress that day (I'm plus size so it's beyond impossible for me to find formal wear/semi formals that doesn't look like something my grandmother wore in the 80's off the rack or to order, if I can even find something regardless of the price-point I go in with, so they're what has worked for me)...  

OTHERWISE - David's Bridal..  They have an extensive selection online that sometimes isn't in stores.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker