Wedding Woes
Options

Finally Friday!

I'm leaving a little early today (we do summer hours) and H and I are having a Friday date night at Ikea!!!!  I am very excited (H less so, lol) but we need a few things for the house, and are very interested in a lot of their baby furniture, so it should be a good trip.  What's everyone else doing this weekend?

First world problem/rant: Someone threw my lunch away yesterday from the work fridge and I am still way too worked up about it.  It was an unopened salad kit that *technically* expired the day before, but it was totally fine.  Fridge cleanout is TODAY and there is so much half-eaten garbage/takeout/grossness in there, I just can't imagine what would possess someone to open a drawer and throw away my perfectly good $4 lunch.  I may or may not have left a slightly passive aggressive note on the one I brought for today because I'm super mature.   

Re: Finally Friday!

• Options
    @Casadena, yeah that would piss me off too.  Our office is small enough we just ask.  Someone I work with (and dislike) had her meal prep container thrown out the day she brought it in and even I felt bad for her (and I reeeeeally don’t like her)

@mnnebride jelly!  I want to do Alaska so bad!

Reba concert this weekend.  I think it’s my 5th one.  Love her and I rarely spend my money on converts.  She’s actually worth it.  

• Options
    They actually threw it away!  It was in the trash when I went to eat it.  I feel like I would have been less pissed had they stolen (still pissed, but at least it wouldn't have been wasted).
  • Options
    @Casadena I would 100% find out who tossed it since it wasn't "throw out day" Jerks.
    Ikea kid plates, cups, cutlery are great. We have a bunch. The highchairs are pretty good and have good reviews. Debated on getting one for my mum's place but she got one from a friend.

@MNNEBride ooh trip sounds fun! :)

@CharmedPam The Reba "Fancy" memes kill me lmao

M's bday is Sunday, and we're dong a late lunch/early dinner on Saturday. My mum hasn't seen BabyKitten so she offered to take her for longer - we already had bank appt, so it worked out.

I think if Sunday weather doesn't suck, I may take BabyKitten to a splash pad and give him time alone. Or if he wants to come he can. We think we lost her water shirt, so I'm kinda pissed. It was at MIL and sFIL's place and some how got lost between there and our house. I'm convinced it's at their place though but they swear it's not.
    If it ends up being in our car .... I'm gonna be pissed.
  • Options
    @Casadena, I would have been so PO'ed also!!!  Who does that?  Plus then, if you don't have lunch, you have the extra hassle and expense of having to go out and get lunch.  That's really messed up.

@CharmedPam, enjoy the Reba concert!

Fortunately, the torrential rain and thunderstorms for my area was pushed out from the wee hours of this morning to later in the afternoon.  As such, I was able to safely come to work and didn't need to take vacation time.  Since Fridays are my half day anyway, I should be back home also before it even starts to rain.

I need to swing by the bank and the grocery store on the way home.  But, after that, we're pretty much going to be stuck in the house all weekend.  Especially with the road floodings that happened Wed. morning with just a few hours of hard rain, I think a lot of NOLA is going to be undriveable all weekend.  Which is frustrating because both my H and I had been planning to go over to the duplexes on Sat. and do a full day of work over there.  But, oh well.  At least our dog Izzy will be happier.  We'll be home for her to climb on us, during all the thunder, lol.

Today was also the day when we could finally file for an eviction on the two "new" tenants from those duplexes who didn't...and still haven't...paid their rent that was due on July 1st.  But the courthouse is closed today because of the impending storm.  According to their website, they plan to be open on Monday.  But there is also the potential if the storm hits later/stays slow/flood waters haven't receded, that they may not be open on Mon. either.  Another frustration to add to the list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The free movie at the park that is like 500 feet from my apartment is Goonies and I really really REALLY want to go.  But also, I'm old and it starts at dusk.  So, IDK yet.  K works this weekend.  I don't have plans beyond SSDD in housekeeping.  I do need to get my car washed, so I might do that thing.
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    S+S stay safe. I bet the grocery will be packed too - hope it isn't a huge annoyance and you get in and out quickly. 
  • Options
    @Casadena can you find out who tossed it if the office is small?  Or perhaps craft an email saying that "If the throw out day is going to be adjusted to a different day it is imperative to post that day so staff has time to review the refrigerator.  My lunch I brought into work on 7/11 was in the garbage on 7/11 which is not in keeping with the posted schedule." 

Rather than be passive-aggressive I'd take the approach that someone took the liberty to deviate from posted procedure and that is not in keeping with the collective understanding and office practice.   

I'd be cheesed off too. 

• Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    We close at 2pm and I'm working from home so plan to head to the pool at 2:01 to read a book for an hour or two before it is back to reality.

On a good note I finally found a couple pairs of shorts for B at a garage sale. I gave away a huge sack of hand me downs bc I'd already bought enough for the summer but I forgot that I would need some extras for diaper bag and daycare and I hate using brand new stuff for that so I've been on a missing to find a few cheapies and came up empty at several garage sales and even Goodwill. It's been ridiculous trying to find some but finally got a few at a garage sale nearby today. Just in time for potty training bootcamp at daycare next week (insert eye roll bc I think it is bs they are doing it without more of a plan or heads up to parents other than we're doing this next week bring clothes)
  • Options
    @Casadena someone threw away my lunch last year. I was so mad! 

Obviously yesterday was as awful as you can imagine. They told us the funeral home had a record-breaking number of visitors. Jayde and her family are truly loved here, and I hope that can provide them with some comfort. My H is spending time again with the family today. 

Tonight we're going out to dinner. Tomorrow we have a BBQ, and then heading the "Beatlefest" at a local winery. Lots of Beatle cover bands, vendors, and food. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Nope @Casadena that’s bs. The stupid dealership messed up my speakers when it was in for recall work this week. The work that was supposed to take 3 hrs and took 2 days. 

I bet 
  • Options
    Broke my fingers playing softball last night. Cracked the bone through the joint in one. So I’m at work and cranky. H had a whole date night planned and I’m going to try and muscle up some strength to go because I was excited and so was he but really I want to go home and take a nap. 

• Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    Owwww how did you break it? Was it with with a ball? 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 owch!! Would it help to take an anti-inflammatory? 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 that sucks! Hope you're feeling better soon. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    Owwww how did you break it? Was it with with a ball? 
    A hard hit line drive that took a bad bounce right as I was fielding it. Hit right on the side of my finger joint. 

@charlotte989875 owch!! Would it help to take an anti-inflammatory? 
    I am and it feels like the swelling is going down a bit. Thankfully we have summer hours and I’m done here at 3. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    @Casadena can you find out who tossed it if the office is small?  Or perhaps craft an email saying that "If the throw out day is going to be adjusted to a different day it is imperative to post that day so staff has time to review the refrigerator.  My lunch I brought into work on 7/11 was in the garbage on 7/11 which is not in keeping with the posted schedule." 

Rather than be passive-aggressive I'd take the approach that someone took the liberty to deviate from posted procedure and that is not in keeping with the collective understanding and office practice.   

I'd be cheesed off too. 

Gotta be honest we would never stop laughing at someone who sent that email in my office. It’s a shared fridge, things happen. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:

I'd be cheesed off too. 

Gotta be honest we would never stop laughing at someone who sent that email in my office. It’s a shared fridge, things happen. 
    Wow. So in all of your posts, THIS is where you stop and shrug your shoulders and say "things happen?"   Okay. 

• Options
    Just want to check in quickly to send hugs and good vibes to all the Knotties in Barry's path. Stay safe everyone!!